PDA

View Full Version : Bmw= Bad Mother#$%^&&*

Jenn
04-11-2007, 05:43 AM
So, DH and I went out for an early ride this morning while MIL is sitll here to watch the baby. It was light and we were doing our hill work. When the EXACT same black BMW that almost hit us last time we rode before we wen't on vaction came flying by. Mind you we are on base the speed limit out there is 50mph and granted the hills are steep but we were on a flat well,DH was in front of me and he came so close going so fast dh got pushed off the road onto the shoulder and:eek: . Well, DH took off and followed him a few miles up the road to where he pulled in a parking lot because he was REALLY pissed and it takes alot to piss off my hubby.
Anyway, and I'm sorry to be rude but this old FAT man gets out of the car with a cigarette in one hand and a starbucks in the other (which i love Starbucks) and says to DH. "I'm sick and tired of you people on these roads, you need to find something better to do with your time then "ride a bike" as he made this hand gesture:mad: . Now, I'm not a violent person, but I've never wanted to punch someone in the face so bad. Anyway, we said nothing and rode right to the MP desk and reported him, ironically one of my DH's good's friends was working this morning and he's getting once heck of a citation. After looking up his licensce plate he's already had 3 tickets on base for speeding......AHHHH revenge can be sweet!!
Now, please know we are not confrontational people, but what this man did was WRONG and the fact he's doing it on the base is even worse.

KnottedYet
04-11-2007, 05:45 AM
You did the right thing! Good for you!

Trek420
04-11-2007, 05:59 AM
Jenn,

I'm glad you stayed calm, I'm glad you and DH stayed non confrontational and ya know I'm just floored that folks just don't get it.

Think about it, you and DH caught up with, kept up with the car .... on a bike :p So if a fight had happened, while I'm not a betting person .....

Ladies and gentlemen in this corner wearing the tight black trunks we have super fit cyclists.

In the other corner we have sedentary smoking chocolate machiato drinking sansabelt wearing out of shape old dude.

Let's get ready to rumble! :rolleyes: :cool: ;) :D

Just stay calm, let time and the MP's handle it and imagine....10 years from now you and DH still fit, smoking out of shape sedentary dude? Not so much.

Jenn
04-11-2007, 06:36 AM
ROTFLMAO!!!! I haven't laughed that hard in a long time!! That was awesome Trek, it was as if you were there!!! HAHAHA!!! Thank you my dear, I needed that! :)

Trek420
04-11-2007, 09:42 AM
Just glad you're ok m'dear.

You and DH did well.

Reminds me of my most recent encounter with truck, I haven't had real issues with cars in like 20 years but this guy cut me off on Lakeshore and came this close to my front wheel. I imitated V and put Bradley the commuter in a big gear and caught up at the next light.

Now I'm behind him, he's got paper plates :confused:

I was about to pull along side and give him a peice of my mind when another driver :eek: did this for me :)

This guy pulled up along side paper plate guy, did the international sign for "roll down your window" and said so I could hear him too "guess you don't understand hand signals? she was signaling :rolleyes: " and flourescent green to boot.

I don't know what the driver said but I thanked that guy.

Geonz
04-11-2007, 01:10 PM
He's a bully. He found out that sometimes he gets to pay the price for it. Hopefully he'll do the typical bully thing and look for easier-to-pick-on fare. Good on ya for everybody keeping their cools!

Aint Doody
04-11-2007, 02:21 PM
Yippee! You reported him! That's the best thing we can do.

Running Mommy
04-11-2007, 03:46 PM
I drive a BMW , a black one too... It says IRONMOM on the license plate. Whenever I even THINK I see a bike I try to move into the other lane to give them room. Or I'll slow down and give them a wave when I go by.
But this a- holio is giving us BMW owners a bad name!! :mad:
Glad you got the last laugh tho! I just hope he doesn't take that big ticket he gets out on another cyclist. :eek:

errr. title was suppose to say DRIVER, not rider!!

7rider
04-11-2007, 05:07 PM
Uhhh.... I thought BMW drivers already HAD a bad name??
(Present company excluded, of course! :D )

But it all comes back to that joke -
Q: "What's the difference between a BMW and a porcupine?"
A: "With a porcupine, the pr**k is on the OUTside!"

Jenn, glad you're okay.
I give you both credit for keeping your cool. I don't know if DH and I would have been so restrained in your place. Well done.

Trek420
04-11-2007, 06:31 PM
But it all comes back to that joke -
Q: "What's the difference between a BMW driver and a porcupine?"
A: "With a porcupine, the pr**k is on the OUTside!"

I heard that was Porsche drivers?

:::: runs, ducks for cover :::::

Running Mommy
04-11-2007, 07:25 PM
Yep, I thought it was porsche drivers too. But I could se that in BMW drivers. It's comical when I take mine in for an oil change. There are some real pieces of work in the waiting area!! lol
And for the record... I didn't want a BMW. I wanted a KIA! I drove a volvo for years and I SWORE to my husband that I was done with expensive cars. Then I drove my aunts X5. But they husband won out with the sedan... sigh... I just didn't win in that one!! :rolleyes:
But I digress...

Bluetree
04-12-2007, 05:20 AM
Sorry to hear you go through that, Jenn. Please let us know if that guy had the book thrown at him!

I don't see that with Porsche or BMW drivers. I think they're so common in my area that it's not a big ego thing. The problems I run into are with A) Big-necked bubba drivers of shiny new half-ton pickups and B) Spanish-speaking drivers of old, beat-up work trucks who can't undestand why you're not on the sidewalk. :rolleyes:

Prius drivers seem to be the most polite on the road. They always smile and wave. Volvo drivers seem to be polite, too. And Volkswagen drivers always seem to have a "Mean People Suck" bumber sticker on their lime green bugs.:D

missymaya
04-12-2007, 05:38 AM
I'm glad both you and DH are ok jen and that the jerk got called on his fat laziness! Keep riding and screw the jerks!

Jenn
04-12-2007, 06:58 AM
The ironic thing in all of this is as soon as my MBA is completed I promised myself I'm getting.....yes.....can you believe it.....a BLACK BMW!!!:eek:

missymaya
04-12-2007, 07:44 AM
Hey, anything is almost better than those damn hummers and big ugly redneck trucks:mad:
Why would anyone need a hummer (outside military use)! Arg:mad:

Jenn
04-13-2007, 07:28 AM
Hey, anything is almost better than those damn hummers and big ugly redneck trucks:mad:
Why would anyone need a hummer (outside military use)! Arg:mad:

Probably because they are trying to compensate for a small penis?:p

Eden
04-13-2007, 08:02 AM
Probably because they are trying to compensate for a small penis?:p

Last time I thought that (hummer triple parked....) it was a woman driver :eek: :D :eek:

missymaya
04-13-2007, 08:56 AM
Maybe its that lack of woman strength:rolleyes:

JenLeath
04-13-2007, 10:21 AM
That is cool that you were able to get some kind of retribution. People are so oblivious. My boss was a on a ride once and a couple of teenagers drove be them and threw a drink cup (full) at one of her buddies. The guy they hit was really fast, so he chased them, when they got out of the car, they were terrified. People just don't get it, it's hard enough riding with courteous drivers, much less the wacko's.

Happy Training,

Jen L

Duck on Wheels
04-14-2007, 06:23 AM
Reminds me of my most recent encounter with truck, I haven't had real issues with cars in like 20 years but this guy cut me off on Lakeshore and came this close to my front wheel. I imitated V and put Bradley the commuter in a big gear and caught up at the next light.

Now I'm behind him, he's got paper plates :confused:

Paper? Registration plates? :confused: As in phony? :eek: As in prob'ly no insurance, and mebbe even no license? As in call the cops and get this guy off the road?!?!?!?

Crankin
04-17-2007, 01:04 PM
Uh, I drive a (red) BMW and I am not an a**hole (sounds like AA). Around here they are common because it is one of the few AWD cars that comes in small sedan size or station wagon (unless you get a Subaru). My car is great in the snow and going up my 10% grade street. I had an SUV, a mini van, and a Volvo wagon before this car and I was just sick of bigger cars. Yes, it was my present to myself when I turned 50 and like RM, I give cyclists a wide clearance.
Glad you got that jerk cited. And on base, yet! According to my son, that is a very bad thing to get caught speeding on base. I find most of the jerky drivers here are either 1) old people in Buicks that look like tanks or 2) ugly looking guys in pick ups... in fact, one of those threw a can of soda at my husband when he started riding about 8 or 9 years ago...

Eden
04-17-2007, 01:29 PM
Paper? Registration plates? :confused: As in phony? :eek: As in prob'ly no insurance, and mebbe even no license? As in call the cops and get this guy off the road?!?!?!?

Not sure about CA, but up here you get temporary plates (yup made of paper, taped onto your back window on the inside) when you first buy a car to use until your permenant ones come or if your registration has lapsed you can get a "trip permit" to take it to the repair shop and the like.