PDA

View Full Version : Selle Italia Ldy saddle

Sasper
07-14-2004, 05:35 AM
I am currently riding a FI'ZI:K saddle (not sure which model - maybe an Aliante - the shop that sold it to me said that their women's team swore by the saddle). The problem is that I am experiencing a lot of soreness where my groin contacts the nose of the saddle. Maybe a saddle sore - I am definitely a bit raw after only an hour on my bike. I have tried 'body glide' to prevent friction spots but am now going to experiment with some different chamois gels.

Here is my question to everyone - what do you know about the Selle Italia Ldy saddle? I think that is the next one I am going to try out - a bit wider at the back for my sit bones and a shorter nose on the front. I am pretty frustrated by the whole thing - and have started not liking my bike, so I have to do something.

Any input out there on saddles would be greatly appreciated.

sjc

bassoonbiker
07-28-2004, 06:00 PM
I can't help you with the Selle however, I bought a new Giant road bike in June and the fellows at the shop changed the saddle to a Serfas fas Reactive Gel seat. They said it was a more female specific saddle. Have to say that it is very comfortable and I have no complaints after logging in 130 miles on it. I also have a Terry Butterfly Gellissimo on my comfort bike that was worth every penny spent on it. Hope that helps you out.

Sasper
07-30-2004, 06:18 AM
Thanks for the information on saddles :).

I ended up buying the Ldy Selle Italia saddle after trying it out. It made such a difference relative to my old saddle that I was sold. I now am liking my bike again which is a huge relief - it is too early in the season to not be liking the bike :D!

sjc