PDA

View Full Version : BFL Challenge & Ride?

Nokomis
04-09-2007, 11:54 AM
I need to start riding again - the season is finally warm & dry enough for me to get out there, and all other excuses are wearing thin.

Has anyone done BFL? Looking for a little advice.

I'm seriously looking at the Body for Life challenge - but I'm not sure how to incorporate cycling with the plan. I expect to be cycling 3x/week, two rides ~25 miles, one 50+. As we get into summer, will be bumping that up & plan at least one century.

Should I do this in addition to or instead of the cardio workout?
For longer rides, eat what I need to for fuel & other wise stick to the eating plan?

Thanks!!

FreshNewbie
04-09-2007, 12:14 PM
Hi,

I did this challenge and was really good at it for 8 weeks :-) Then I went on vacation and that was the end of it for me. But I must say if you follow it, you will see a lot of difference. I think that sabstituting cycling with cardio is fine, make sure you fuel yourself and drink lots. Good luck

Bikingmomof3
04-09-2007, 12:25 PM
Best of luck to you. :) BFL is a great program and there are some really good recipes. I did not care for the heavy reliance on protein powder and meal replacement bars (times may have changed that, it has been awhile).

Yes, I would substitute the cardio part with biking. Again, best of luck! Keep us updated. :D