PDA

View Full Version : When is your first race for 2007?

madisongrrl
04-08-2007, 08:08 AM
The first race for the Wisconsin Off Road series starts May 6 (XC racing), so it's only a few weeks a way. I'm doing a few spring crits to shake out the cobwebs (I haven't raced since November). I should have 100 hours of training logged in by then (~1200 miles give or take).

So.....When is your first race? What type of race? How has your training been coming along?

LBTC
04-08-2007, 09:21 AM
First event this year: Salty Dog 6 hour xc enduro. We rode it yesterday. I'm still adjusting to what my body can do now, with a new health issue, so training has not really been happening. That said, the ride yesterday went well, and I think I will still enter as a solo and just ride as many laps as I feel like. I've got a fair amount of residual pain today, so I'm also going to see if I can take the next day off of work.

I only plan to enter 2 events this year. It's a shame they are both in May!!

Hugs & butterflies,
~T~

tattiefritter
04-08-2007, 12:47 PM
Good luck both of you! I may try an enter an enduro or two this year (not anything with laps as I hate riding in circles) but it will be to do a long ride with some water and feed station support rather than a race. "Mountain biking" and "racing" just does not compute for me, unlike running, I just like getting out in the hills (though I ride mainly with men and can flog myself to death on normal rides so that's probably enough!). I also don't consider any of my riding to be training, its just riding, whereas all my running is training - don't know why it just is.:D

There is also absolutely none, zip, nada short course XC racing round here and most events are at least a 2 hour drive away (this is UK not US concept of distance, I appreciate that can be considered local in some areas of the US :o ).

madisongrrl
04-08-2007, 02:35 PM
There is also absolutely none, zip, nada short course XC racing round here and most events are at least a 2 hour drive away (this is UK not US concept of distance, I appreciate that can be considered local in some areas of the US :o ).

I usually have to drive 1.5 - 3 hours for each XC race. Many people who race this series are from IL, so their drive is much longer than mine.

rocknrollgirl
04-09-2007, 04:49 AM
May 20th, Xterra. It feels like it is coming up really fast.

han-grrl
04-09-2007, 08:33 AM
My first race is the second Quebec Cup in May on the 19th. GAH! its coming so fast. i'm racing expert for the first time this year, and i was looking at the other girls times from last year...AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

breathe, breathe breathe :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

SalsaMTB
04-09-2007, 10:41 AM
April 22nd. I'm racing the MMBA CPS race series. I can't wait!

tattiefritter
04-09-2007, 12:30 PM
I usually have to drive 1.5 - 3 hours for each XC race. Many people who race this series are from IL, so their drive is much longer than mine.

(hangs head in shame :p ). I've driven in the States and it was so easy compared to driving in the UK - just get on a nice wide straight road, set the cruise control and go. As the UK is so congested, particularly on a Sunday when everyone is out and about and most events are held being sat in a big traffic jam is just not fun. I would drive an hour and a half to get to an event but it most definitely depends where and when it is being held.

In 3 hours (which is a long drive by UK standards) I can be at my folks house near Edinburgh I don't think there is any way I would consider driving there, doing a race then driving back (unless you stay over?). As I said my concept of distance is completely different to yours! Which is what comes of living on a little overcrowded island I suppose.

NJ Jess
04-09-2007, 06:26 PM
is so difficult. My family is from southern Germany. If I drove 3 hours, I could be in France, Italy, or Austria. Strange. currently I live on the coast of New Jersey and easily drive 2 hours to Ringwood NJ , 3 to Stewart NY, and 3 toTrumbull, CT! Oh, I could also drive 3 to Phillidelphia PA. I bought a van so I could sleep in it and still race. I love biking so much, it's what I have to do.

crazycanuck
04-10-2007, 03:33 AM
gee..if i drive 3hrs i'm still in Western Australia..:o It's a longgggggg drive to South Australia or Northern Territory...consider yourselves lucky!!!

C- Drift over..please continue