PDA

View Full Version : Rode the race venue today

rocknrollgirl
04-06-2007, 01:46 PM
I will suffice it to say...YIKES.....I have ridden there once before and it is as bad as I remember.
Naturally I just mailed the check in for the race entry today. Draggin' my sorry butt up the third huge hill in as many miles on terrain that looks like a creekbed, I looked up to the sky( through the freakin' snow) and said....

OH MY GOSH WHAT HAVE I DONE!!!!

Holy Cow...at least the laddie was sucking wind with me. He is a good man.

It is 100 mile drive each way to get there, but I will go back this week, and the week after and the week after that...

Offthegrid
04-06-2007, 04:34 PM
Which race are you doing?

rocknrollgirl
04-07-2007, 03:07 AM
Susie, I am going all off road, Xterra.

Wahine
04-07-2007, 07:56 AM
Good that you got out and road the course but don't think you have to do it every weekend between now and race day. That's a long drive. I'd say do it again, do the tough bits twice maybe and see if you can think of someplace at home that simulates the tougher parts and do repeats on those.

It might not be possible.

Also, if you can take some video of the more technical bits. It'll help you to watch it and visualize how you're going to do them. Visualization is very important. Especially for more technical riding.

You've probably already thought of this, but just in case... Don't ride the race course on your rest week. If you really feel the need to go, only do half of it or less.

Have fun RnR. Sounds like you're getting pumped.

rocknrollgirl
04-07-2007, 09:28 AM
Too late....

This was my rest week, but I have had to work around weather, wet trails, the DH's schedule, so I took a rest day before and kept the rest of the week kind of mellow.

Unfortunately we do not have any terrain locally that will mimic the race course, so I plan to get up there at least two more times. We drive a minimum of an hour to ride every where we go, so an extra 45 mins is not that big a deal. I am used to it.

Hard stuff.....