PDA

View Full Version : eat more than calculations predict...

jovana
04-04-2007, 05:03 PM
i am worried aout how much i am eating!i am 23,106lbs.about 10%of body fat, and i train 7 times a week. when i ride 25 miles a day i eat 2800kcal,and when i ride 50-60miles even more than 3000kcal a day.havent noticed any weight changes but all calculations say i should consume maximum 2500 kcal a day or less.does anyone have similar problem?i am afraid that i will realize after some time that i gaind weight and do not want it!if i pass my caloric intake for 300 or more calories a day i will gain more than pound a week and i am not able to see and reveal it in some short period of time...

Grog
04-04-2007, 05:08 PM
Don't worry too much about it.

If you ride a lot, you put on your bike shorts often, and will notice if you gain weight. ;)

Moreover, at 10% bodyfat I think you have a lot of margin for error. You're on the very low side for a woman.

jovana
04-04-2007, 05:15 PM
thank u on fast replay!i know that and i eat more than 30%fat a day(90-100g),even i ride with high heart rates (over 80%)and spend just 1/3 calories from fat!i eat chocolate with 40%of fat,cakes and cookies with 15% of fat i think it will increase my body fat levels during time.:)

FreshNewbie
04-04-2007, 05:28 PM
Hey there,
Just wanted to tell you that if you ride a lot and exercise 7 times a week, your body will actually utilize all these calories that you are consuming. However, if you don't want to gain weight just try to limit sugars and simple processed carbs. Instead fill your meals with lean protein and healthy fats that come from olive oil and nuts, get some complex carbs. If you crave sugar, grab an apple or make home made cookies. No matter what you eat, try to eliminate processed foods as much as possible and you will see a difference right away. Let's say if you crave cookies, make them at home using natural peanut butter ( I posted a really good recipe that I use myself with 90cals per cookie). The food that you consume makes a big difference, if it comes from natural and healthy products it will not make you gain weight, it will help you gain or maintain muscle. I
Hope this helps,

Marina

mimitabby
04-04-2007, 06:49 PM
that chocolate is very nutritious. :D
I approve of your diet. If you are really only 10% fat, you are VERY low in fat for a woman and you NEED all that food you are eating.

hellosunshine
04-06-2007, 10:37 AM
totally in tune and agree with this thread- i wear a polar hr monitor and IGNORE the calories it claims i burn,i have to eat tons more than they estimate.

in this day of technonolgy and calculations and knowledge it sometimes pays to go right back to basics.weighing scales!eat as much as your body craves,if you arnt gaining weight you are doing fine-and remember and weight gain may be down to muscle mass,so use your clothes as an extra measure!

im eating to gain weight and have to turn a blind eye to what the daily calorific recommendations are,or itd just seem all WRONG!