PDA

View Full Version : sunglasses and mirrors

cosc
04-04-2007, 08:29 AM
I have been wanting a pair of sunglasses that would accommodate a take-a look mirror. Most glasses hinge is too far back or the ear stem is too thick. I need a small frame size. The smith toasters worked, but after 6 years are too big and I was hoping to find something different. Anyone have suggestions or sglasses that work well for you?

BleeckerSt_Girl
04-04-2007, 09:09 AM
I use a helmet mirror instead of attaching anything to my glasses, if you haven't considered that. I use Third Eye brand mirror.

cosc
04-05-2007, 07:12 AM
Lisa, I used to use my take a look on my helmet, but found I liked it better on my sunglasses.The mirror was easier to adjust and seemed to stay out of the way with less trouble while on or off the bike. The down side is not being able to use your sglasses for everyday use without taking off the mirror. I love my take a look mirror. It is so much better than the rhodes mirror I used to have.

KnottedYet
04-05-2007, 07:27 AM
I have a CycleAware eyeglass mirror, which seems to fit on anything I choose to wear on my eyes ($300 prescription Oakleys or $6 lawnmower eye protection glasses from the gardening store - excellent for dusky or rainy conditions)

I really like having the eyeglass mirror. I feel nekkid without it...:p

BleeckerSt_Girl
04-05-2007, 09:53 AM
Well, wherever you attach them, I think mirrors are a great safety element when biking. Sometimes I find myself trying to glance at my helmet mirror when I'm NOT biking but just walking down the street....to funny! :D
I think I'm going to get some clip-on sunglasses for this summer and just clip them onto my prescription glasses. Next time I get my prescription changed, I'm going to spring for an extra pair of glasses with tint that darkens in the sun.