PDA

View Full Version : Announcing the NEBC Tuesday Night Women's Rides

SheFly
04-03-2007, 10:53 AM
Our club is hosting a weekly women's only ride series this season. I can answer any questions you may have, but thought I would pass this along for any of you who may be interested...

SheFly
-------------------------------------
NEBC Tuesday Night Women's Rides
Every Tuesday at 6:00pm
Starting in Lexington Center at the Battle Green
(Junction of Mass Ave and Bedford Road)
May 1st to September 25th

The Northeast Bicycle Club (NEBC) is offering a weekly all-level fitness ride to the women of the Greater Boston biking community. Our rides will allow women of all levels to learn or work on improving paceline skills. This will be an opportunity to ride in small groups with female cyclists of similar abilities. We anticipate having a beginners group focusing on learning paceline basics and going at a moderate pace of 12-14 mph. There will also be several faster groups of more experienced riders at 14-16, 16-18, and 18-20+ mph.

We will be starting at the Battle Green in Lexington Center at 6:00pm and will be using the same 28 mile loop every week. There will be members of the NEBC women's team on hand to give instructions, get signed waivers, lead the rides, and give suggestions and encouragement during the rides. This will be a great opportunity for non-racers to get experience learning from and riding with Category 1-4 female racers. If you've ever wondered what it's like to ride in a paceline or had questions about bike racing, this is your chance to learn in a relaxed women-only environment.

Come join us!

Cue sheets will be available at each ride, and the route will be arrowed.

Please contact nebcwomensride@gmail.com or visit www.northeastbicycleclub.org for more information.

DebW
04-03-2007, 11:44 AM
Cool. I work just a few miles from the starting point.

Imperfectstorm
04-15-2007, 10:39 AM
Ladies,

Please count me in

SheFly
04-28-2007, 01:11 PM
Note that this ride starts THIS TUESDAY! I hope to meet some of you there.

SheFly (aka, Cathy)

(Black and red carbon kestrel, gray helmet, NEBC kit)

DebW
05-01-2007, 07:10 AM
I'll be there tonight. Hope to meet you, SheFly.

SheFly
05-01-2007, 09:27 AM
I'll be there tonight. Hope to meet you, SheFly.

I'll be there! Be sure to introduce yourself! See you tonight.

Cathy