PDA

View Full Version : Can I share...Danskin Tri

Tri'ing Hard
07-11-2004, 04:37 PM
None of my friends do triathlon, let alone workout, so I hope you don't mind, but I wanted to share my excitement. I did the Chicagoland Danskin this weekend and went from top 40% of all finishers to top 20%. Yes, the field was a bit larger this year, but I made some decent improvements on each leg of the race. I even improved on the swim, which is generally my strongest leg of the race.

Thanks for letting me share! DH is so supportive, but my friends don't quite understand my obsession.

Cheryl:)

pedalfaster
07-11-2004, 06:19 PM
I know what you mean about non-athletes not quite "getting it".

Have you made any training-partner friends yet? Sad but true, over the years all of my non-active friends have pretty much dropped out of the picture. They just don't understand why someone would want to a)avoid smokey bars and b) get to bed by 10 pm on a weekend so they can make the 8 am training ride the next day. Almost everyone I hang out with now runs and/or rides.

Again, congrats on the race :cool:

Tri'ing Hard
07-12-2004, 12:59 PM
Thanks pedalfaster! A lot of the women in the tri group I train with work fulltime. I work part-time from home, so my schedule is a bit more flexible. I have made friends through my group that I ride with one early morning a week. I am hoping they will continue to ride until the season is over. I live in the Chicago area, so it gets quite windy and cold, but I am hoping to continue riding through mid-December weather permitting.

mitsuni
11-26-2004, 11:36 AM
YOU GO GIRL!!!!:)

CorsairMac
11-27-2004, 01:44 PM
wooohooo - you Rock! I know what you mean about finding ppl to share your excitement with - and the group here RULES!!....I have 1 co-worker that I will share with sometimes but I have to preface it by saying "I know this means nothing to you but please be excited for me" and he laughs and always is! Well done on improving your stats! (note to Admin - we need an applauding smilie!)

JanT
11-28-2004, 09:31 AM
Congratulations!! It takes alot of work to make that much progress.
Jan