PDA

View Full Version : Not My Fault

telegirl
04-02-2007, 07:50 AM
Ok, so maybe I was a bit anxious to get on the mountain bike trails. Maybe I did take off my studded mountain bike tires and put on the regular trail tires. Maybe I have been road riding and maybe I have taken off my fenders. Maybe I have even started to organize my short sleeved biking jerseys. Maybe I have been a bit overexcited about bike season really starting. Maybe.

BUT I AM NOT TO BLAME FOR SNOW IN THE FORECAST.

It is NOT MY FAULT.

Surlygirl
04-02-2007, 01:44 PM
AHHHHHHHHH. Just when you finally think its spring in New England, winter returns. I've been riding outside in the nice weather and now its cold and raw again. I hate going back to indoors on the trainer. Maybe we should invoke the anti snow dance again.

crumpincommuter
04-02-2007, 04:21 PM
Forget that it's really snow and take the mind set that it's just sand kicked up from the street... wipe it from your glasses pull your hat/helmut down a little tighter, pump the pistons faster. Before you know it... the snow is melted and you're half way through your ride...(good thing this isn't last year-the feedback then would have been to put a pot of tea on the stove, throw a dvd of the Tour- and watch for inspiration)..... tomorrow's another opportunity...

Cella66
04-02-2007, 04:51 PM
Ok, so maybe I was a bit anxious to get on the mountain bike trails. Maybe I did take off my studded mountain bike tires and put on the regular trail tires. Maybe I have been road riding and maybe I have taken off my fenders. Maybe I have even started to organize my short sleeved biking jerseys. Maybe I have been a bit overexcited about bike season really starting. Maybe.

BUT I AM NOT TO BLAME FOR SNOW IN THE FORECAST.

It is NOT MY FAULT.

Well, according to the people in my office, I AM to blame as I got my new bike yesterday...

Grog
04-02-2007, 06:55 PM
I'm worried to take my fenders off my road bike for the same reason. I'm sure that if I do it it's going to start pouring rain.... :eek:

telegirl
04-03-2007, 03:39 AM
Well, according to the people in my office, I AM to blame as I got my new bike yesterday...

Well, according our a bike group that I belong to, it is all ME! Maybe the two of us combined has forced this back on us.

Ah, well, like crump said, I'm going out anyway. Maybe. Or maybe not. I think it is best to keep mother nature guessing......

SheFly
04-03-2007, 04:56 AM
Add me to the list of people to blame. Club's first TT of the season is supposed to be this Weds, and I have a brand new TT bike waiting to be tested...

SheFly

bmccasland
04-03-2007, 04:58 AM
Tellegirl and Cella66,

If you can slow global warming - you go girls! I know, I know, you want spring to spring, but here I am in the southern latitudes and I really don't want sea level to rise. Really don't want the Big Easy to drown, again. So lets hear it for a spring snow! :D :D

Care to come down for JazzFest? We have a really nice bike path on the Mississippi River levee. And pollen, take your pick of flavors - oak, pine, flowers. Ah ah aah CHUUU!

Crankin
04-03-2007, 08:31 AM
SheFly, do you do the TT that leaves from Lowell Rd. and Barret's Mill?
I'll come watch one of these weeks (my son used to do it).

Robyn (sorry for the hijack)

SheFly
04-03-2007, 10:52 AM
SheFly, do you do the TT that leaves from Lowell Rd. and Barret's Mill?
I'll come watch one of these weeks (my son used to do it).

Robyn (sorry for the hijack)

Yes - that's the one! I think I'll pass this week (BTW Sunday River claims 2-4" of S*** today :eek: ). I am usually out there though.... Look for the dork in the NEBC skinsuit with the pink bar tape and saddle :D .

SheFly

Crankin
04-04-2007, 05:13 AM
How long have you been racing for NEBC? Scott (my son) raced for them as a junior for a couple of years (2000-2002).
I will come watch when it's a little warmer!

SheFly
04-04-2007, 05:17 AM
How long have you been racing for NEBC? Scott (my son) raced for them as a junior for a couple of years (2000-2002).
I will come watch when it's a little warmer!

I started doing the TT as a non-member about 3 years ago, joined the team last year, and did my first year of racing with them. This year, I am captaining the women's Cat 4 team...

Definitely come out when the temps are warmer! Too cold for me at the moment as well. And I'll try to let you know when the tandem will be on the course - that is a sight to see ;) .

Is your son still racing?

SheFly

p.s.
No "sneet" here yet, but the forecast for the rest of the week is NOT looking good. And I have to ride the trainer tonight as a result :( . (Attempt to put the conversation back on track... ;) )

SheFly
04-04-2007, 05:32 AM
At 9:30, it is now sleeting in Bedford. And it looks as if it could change to white stuff at any time... SIGH :(

SheFly

DebW
04-04-2007, 05:57 AM
There was hail or graupel or some form of solid precip falling at 8 am at my house this morning. I've been trying to organize canoe practice for my company team (Charles River race on April 29) this week and it doesn't look good. I've been driving around with a boat on my car all week anyway.

SheFly
04-04-2007, 08:34 AM
Has anyone heard about the big dumping up north? This is from Sunday River's (http://www.sundayriver.com/conditions.html) web page:

*Update #3 of the storm - 10:30 am*

We've been in a Sunday River specific snow band all morning and have netted 3" at the base with 5" at the summits. It's still dumping. Quick clip available here. Looks like we're getting a major headstart on the storm that has yet to start yet!!?!! The big stuff rolls in tonight and we're looking at totals between 1 and 2 FEET. :)

Let's not forget the great snow from Tuesday that got this party started. Check out the photo gallery.

1-2 foot totals are likely by Thursday.
It's going to be a wintry (and glorious) Easter Weekend.

Apparently they picked up between 2"-4" yesterday with another 3"-5" today and it's still snowing :eek: . Maybe last weekend wasn't the last skiing for me after all....

Quick, Telegirl, get those boards back out!!!!

SheFly

telegirl
04-04-2007, 08:37 AM
*sob*

There was snow on the ground when I got up, and it is really coming down now. The weather reports says we could get up to 8 inches. Of snow. On the ground. Right now.

:mad:

Crankin
04-04-2007, 11:14 AM
Deb, there WAS something weird coming down when I came to school this morning. But it was clear at 11:00 when I went outside. Now it's raining.

I went to spin this morning and was really bored. The class was good, but now I feel like I am in road shape, it sucks.
Oh, well I just looked outside and it's "White" coming down...

SheFly, my son is in the Marines. He just started riding again after 3.5 years. his first ride out, he went on a 50 mile club ride and averaged 22! I hate him...
He's now training for a marathon and runs a 5 minute mile. Oh yea, he also swims, too. He really can't race now, but I suppose it will be something he might get back to, if he ever returns to his "normal" life again. He's going to Iraq in September, so I'm not too happy about that one. Definitely that risk taking personality helped win races.

SheFly
04-04-2007, 11:56 AM
It's snowing HARD here now. :mad: I think I might just drink instead of sitting on the wretched trainer for another night. I was just getting all pumped up, too, with our team race strategy meeting last night...

Robyn - best wishes to your son! He sounds like areal go-getter, and I hope that bodes well for him on his journey.

SheFly

traveller_62
04-04-2007, 01:46 PM
No snow yet here in Bar Harbor ---but I know it is on its way. We are supposed to get about 6 inches. I'm very sad to have to do more indoor trainer rides this week but I'll bet this stuff won't be around too long. At least it isn't pitch dark at 4 pm anymore.....

I was at Sunday River last week (Thursday-Saturday) to get some base miles in. My training partner and I rode from Bethel to Erroll, NH via Grafton Notch and back on Friday. The wind was wicked going out but the tailwind was a dream coming back! I love riding in that part of Maine. Anyone plan on riding the Loon Echo Bike Trek in September?

SheFly, are you going to compete in the Maine State Time Trial series this year?

jobob
04-04-2007, 02:10 PM
Ah yes, the April Fool's blizzard. Never fails.

When I lived in Massachusetts, every year right around April 1st (give or take a few days) there'd be a big old yucky snow/sleet/slush storm to really put the kabosh on things.

It usually happened after everyone has taken off their snow tires, and broke out their shorts and other springtime apparel.

It's nature's way of saying "neener". :cool:

telegirl
04-05-2007, 02:53 AM
Eight inches when I left for work this morning. And still coming down. So here I sit at work, looking out at a winter wonderland, with my ski stuff put away in the closet and my bike gear in my car.

Maybe it was my fault?????:confused:

SheFly
04-05-2007, 03:49 AM
I was at Sunday River last week (Thursday-Saturday) to get some base miles in. My training partner and I rode from Bethel to Erroll, NH via Grafton Notch and back on Friday. The wind was wicked going out but the tailwind was a dream coming back! I love riding in that part of Maine. Anyone plan on riding the Loon Echo Bike Trek in September?

SheFly, are you going to compete in the Maine State Time Trial series this year?

That's a hard core ride for this time of year! I know the Bethel - Errol route really well, and it is a great ride. How were the roads? i would imagine there was still some snow up in the notch... And the headwind going through there can be a bear - at least you had it going out instead of coming back - that's usually our luck.

Not sure on the TT series. Will likely at least do the one in Bethel, and maybe a couple of others. Have to see when the dates are to see what other races are happening at the same time.

SheFly

SheFly
04-05-2007, 03:50 AM
Eight inches when I left for work this morning. And still coming down. So here I sit at work, looking out at a winter wonderland, with my ski stuff put away in the closet and my bike gear in my car.

Maybe it was my fault?????:confused:

I'm blaming you :D .

SheFly

telegirl
04-05-2007, 04:37 AM
I'm blaming you .

SheFly

I liked hearing about the TT series better....:D

traveller_62
04-06-2007, 06:47 PM
I know the Bethel - Errol route really well, and it is a great ride. How were the roads?
SheFly

The roads were actually quite good--much better than they are here on the coast -- and there was little traffic. The last time I rode that route it was last September and it poured rain most of the time. I'm hoping to get to ride it at some point on a nice, calm sunny day :)

One of the Maine TT series races is going to be on Mount Desert Island this year so give a post if you happen to compete in that one.

- traveller

ps- We got over a foot of snow in Bar Harbor on Thursday...about twice as much as had been predicted!