PDA

View Full Version : Please allow me to introduce myself....

mukluk
04-01-2007, 06:05 AM
Sorry lapsed into a Stones song. Greetings. I am new here. I have ridden bikes for a long time but am new to racing. I have done one triathlon and the bike was my strongest event. I would like to enter a few road races this summer so I thought this would be a good place to post. I have been riding an old 30# circa 1981 chromoly bike since high school but have a nicer bike on layaway (just have to pay it off!)- it's a 2006 Greg LeMond versailles- really looking forward to the new bike! I currently live in Ohio but will be moving to California in September. I look forward to learning a lot here! Would appreciate any tips for new racers that you might offer. Thanks in advance!

mimitabby
04-01-2007, 07:19 AM
welcome to TE, I know nothing about racing, but I wanted to say hi.
Your new bike is awesome (I DO know something about bikes)
and i hope it serves you well.

post pictures of it after you get it so we can ooooooooooooooo and aaaaaaaaaaaah

RoadRaven
04-01-2007, 11:12 AM
Welcome mukluk... great song to introduce your self with - though I must admit your name makes me think of another really good song by a guy called John Hiatt - he sings about mukluks and seal skin rugs

Looking forward to hearing you are enjoying having a go at racing. You'll find some very knowledgable women here to support your questions, ideas and achievements here :)

mukluk
04-01-2007, 12:33 PM
Thanks ladies. Mukluk is my cats name. She is a grey tabby but the soles of her feet are jet black. So when she was a kitten I got the idea to call her Mukluk (because I thought her feet looked like dirty mukluks). I also have the momma cat Esmerelda Paintpaw (Essie for short) and Mukluk's sister Stinkerbelle. They were all abandoned at a park when Essie was still nursing the kittens. They were supposed to be foster cats but it... er didn't work out that way. None of them are interested in riding bikes.

SadieKate
04-01-2007, 03:53 PM
Welcome! Where in California are you heading? Lots and lots of us are in California (like that's a surprise).

mukluk
04-02-2007, 04:29 AM
I am not positive where in California I will end up. I will be moving back in September whether I have a job lined up or not. If I have a job then it will be where ever the job is (preferably within reasonable driving distance of Mammoth where I like to ski). If I don't have a job then I'll be heading to the LA area until I do find a job.

CR400
04-15-2007, 01:27 PM
Well what major Ohio city are you near now? Places like Cleveland, Columbus, Cincinnati, Akron, Toledo have lots of races or good clubs you can get into before you leave Ohio. Besides you'll look more like you know what you are doing before you get to Cali and the year around people.

mukluk
04-20-2007, 06:17 AM
I'm in Sylvania, just outside of Toledo. I just joined the Maumee Valley Wheelmen (like I'm a man ha ha) and did my first club time trial yesterday.