PDA

View Full Version : Lake Sammamish trail to the 520 Trail

teigyr
03-28-2007, 12:58 PM
We've been looking at the King County bike map and see that we should be able to get to the 520 trail from the Lake Sammamish trail. We're not completely sure how to do it, however. Are there any landmarks we should look for?

As a sidenote, I rode the Burke-Gilman backwards into Fremont yesterday. I didn't go over the bridge on the detour (heights kind of get to me but with all the bridges up here, I am going to have to learn how to cope). Coming back, I discovered one of those lovely raised bump things on the trail. I was going kind of fast and thought I should swerve but I also braked. I almost put the bike down...I didn't. I skidded, swerved, and ended up with a huge imprint of my chain and gear on my leg.

I got back to my car, wiped off the grease, and noticed some guy was staring at me. Many things went through my mind (clashing colors on my outfit? The fact I was wearing shorts and it was kind of chilly? My classic good looks despite the helmet-hair?) as I tried to figure out what he was looking at. I got in my car and as I looked in the rear view mirror, I saw it. Chain grease under my nose a'la Hitler's mustache. I learned two valuable lessons....keep my chain cleaner and if someone's staring, it isn't a good thing. :o

Eden
03-28-2007, 01:34 PM
To get to the 520 trail from the Lake Sammamish you need cross the bridge in Redmond (as if you were going to Marymoor), but instead of continuing under the bridge again get out onto the sidewalk. To the left is Redmond to the right is the on ramp to 520 - go to the crosswalk and cross straight across - you'll see the entrance to the trail right in front of you protected from the 520 on ramp by a wall.

teigyr
03-28-2007, 01:48 PM
Perfect! Thank you Eden!!!

I think we're going to head out to the hills in Snohomish on Sunday. I printed out your map, thank you SO much! I really look forward to open roads and something other than a bike trail.