PDA

View Full Version : Northfield to CT- Can't get there from here!

crumpincommuter
03-27-2007, 06:57 PM
Last year's missed goal was to ride from Northfield to Enfield. The only viable option is Rte 5 but I don't want to die too young and pedaling Rte 5 around Springfield taking your life into your hands.. Does anyone have options, even if from Northampton into CT--- I've got to make it happen this year!

NJ Jess
03-28-2007, 06:33 PM
sound cyclist bike club. I think they have maps.

crumpincommuter
03-30-2007, 09:43 AM
NJ Jess-- thanks-- they did have some great maps that will come in handy this season but the sticking point seems to still getting around Springfield... If anyone local has side street suggestions--- much appreciated.

kasdas
04-07-2007, 02:33 AM
So if you go into Northampton to route 66 good climbing not death defying.
Then onto route 112 to main road montgomery( at big bridge take left )
Thats Montgomery road. If you need a store go over bridge. Huntington country store is right there.
Montgomery Road to Carrington Road.Then a Left at the end of the road back to route 20.From there follow until you get to Sav more. First right after that.Go by Westfield State college. Continue on that road.Till Elementary school on right. Granville road take that road. Over bridge Straight. Just go straight till on to route 10/202.Be carefull on this road /In center of southwick . take the first Left at lights and follow route 57. The road is busy.Then in the center of feeding hills take a right onto I think 189 to about 1/4 mile to shoemaker lane(?) Itll be first left follow about5-6 miles youll have to go through a light. Then take a right into agawam Six Flaggs on your left. This will take you to route 5 in Enfield.
If you get a map there are other ways around Route 57. Though Southwick that take you into Suffield CT. A really nice ride. But I dont know streets but ride it all the time. I would recommend you take The suffield route less traffic and beautiful. When in Southwick stop by Gravity Warehouse.I work there and There is plenty of food for bikers.
top of little hill on the right.
Good Luck It should be an awesome ride.
But realy get a bike map. They are wonderful I live for mine.when I go exploreing. Especially in your area.
Karen

crumpincommuter
04-10-2007, 06:58 AM
So if you go into Northampton to route 66 good climbing not death defying.
Then onto route 112 to main road montgomery( at big bridge take left )
Thats Montgomery road. If you need a store go over bridge. Huntington country store is right there.
Montgomery Road to Carrington Road.Then a Left at the end of the road back to route 20.From there follow until you get to Sav more. First right after that.Go by Westfield State college. Continue on that road.Till Elementary school on right. Granville road take that road. Over bridge Straight. Just go straight till on to route 10/202.Be carefull on this road /In center of southwick . take the first Left at lights and follow route 57. The road is busy.Then in the center of feeding hills take a right onto I think 189 to about 1/4 mile to shoemaker lane(?) Itll be first left follow about5-6 miles youll have to go through a light. Then take a right into agawam Six Flaggs on your left. This will take you to route 5 in Enfield.
If you get a map there are other ways around Route 57. Though Southwick that take you into Suffield CT. A really nice ride. But I dont know streets but ride it all the time. I would recommend you take The suffield route less traffic and beautiful. When in Southwick stop by Gravity Warehouse.I work there and There is plenty of food for bikers.
top of little hill on the right.
Good Luck It should be an awesome ride.
But realy get a bike map. They are wonderful I live for mine.when I go exploreing. Especially in your area.
Karen

Thanks a whole bunch...... That whole Springfield thing was troubling and even some of the local bike shops were stumped by how to get around it... The ride from 57 is indeed pretty awesome; one of those times where you say to yourself- aren't we lucky to live in such a picturesque area.. I'll drop an update when I finally complete this..