PDA

View Full Version : This is a test...only a test..video

rocknrollgirl
03-24-2007, 03:57 PM
OK, so inspired by Yellow's video, i am trying to post one of my own, please , be patient...or just ignore me, although it is a great video.

http://s151.photobucket.com/albums/s152/rocknrollgirl_01/?action=view&current=12OMuchy052.flv

Wahine
03-24-2007, 05:58 PM
That's just sick. If that was you doing the narrative, ya shoulda bin shoe shoppin'. ;)

I love the little tents everyone has off the back of their trucks. I might have to get one.

I usta do stuff like that in my wild and crazy youth. I wouldn't mind still doing it now, except that I hate cleaning the bike afterward.:p :p

rocknrollgirl
03-25-2007, 02:51 AM
It was a 12 hour event, and it rained for 14 hours of it! People were so covered in mud they were jumping in the lake with their bikes to get the mud off. We went through two sets of brake pads and then I finally finished up on a demo bike from Cannondale. It was hilarious. Good times for the dirt riders.

Bikes were trashed. I would not do that with my new bike Gidget. She is just too girly....

yellow
03-25-2007, 04:34 AM
Very good! :D I get cold just thinking about that kind of stuff. I guess the 24 Hrs of Moab last year became the 18 hours of Moab because of conditions like that. Nothing like a little flash flood to mess up a mtn bike race. :rolleyes:

Okay, now we expect vid clips from other adventures. Anyone else want to play?

Wahine
03-25-2007, 08:33 AM
I did a MTB race the day after weather like that. It was supposed to rain all night, and it did. I knew the trail well and I new that as it warmed up that mud was going to get all sticky and gooey. I switched out my clipless for rat traps - this was pre-eggbeaters and the spds used to get gummed up pretty easily. I also rode a rigid frame. I actually did well. Not because I'm fast but because I had fewer mechanical issues than most.

All of us threw our bikes in the river at the end. They were trashed. It took me at least 3 hours of cleaning etc, to get my bike back to a point where I thought it was rideable.