PDA

View Full Version : Burst eye vessel. Can I spin tomorrow?

roguedog
03-22-2007, 05:32 PM
Hey,

I just noticed I've got a burst eye vessel. Well, someone at work said, "what happened to your eye?" after a meeting. Went to bathroom and saw a splotch of red.

Pretty sure it's just a burst eye vessel. Prob from lack of sleep and a tad too much wine last night.

Looked up on the net this is called subjunctive hemorrhage and it's not uncommon.

However, it doesn't say if I can continue to do strenuous activities or I should just rest up...

Anyone know?

mimitabby
03-22-2007, 05:44 PM
a guy we knew did this on a two day riding weekend. He kept riding, his eye healed.

East Hill
03-22-2007, 11:29 PM
I seem to have this happen about once a month. Doesn't bother me, doesn't seem to make anything bad happen. I've never cut back on my cycling activities because of it.

Unless there's blood washing over your eye and you can't see out of it, I would not worry.

I have no idea why I get them--I don't drink alcohol, but I am a migraineur, so it may be as a result of migraines (although it does not seem to be associated with an episode).

East Hill

roguedog
03-23-2007, 06:51 AM
Hey East! Was wondering where you've been :)

I dunno either. I wasn't doing anything strenuous when it happened. Was just in a meeting.

I always go to nutrition for some answers.. what I've read says that Vit C helps strengthen the vessels.

But its funny cuz this one site say Vit C, E, A... etc. Uh..basically, one should just have a well rounded diet.

Well, I haven't had as much C in my diet lately since I haven't been to the store to get my morning shot of Odwalla grapefruit juice.

Who knows. Talked to my friend who's a nurse. Like you.. she said no biggie. I just wanted to be sure I self diagnosed correctly.

The people at work were all freaking out on me. I was fine til they were like you should go to the emergency room and all.