PDA

View Full Version : North Carolina?

ayermail2
06-10-2002, 06:24 PM
I have a mountain bike with slick tires, not a road bike, but do mostly road riding. Avg speed mid 13's. Looking to improve and find others females to ride with in the Winston-Salem, NC area....send me an email....

tammy
07-09-2002, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by ayermail2
I have a mountain bike with slick tires, not a road bike, but do mostly road riding. Avg speed mid 13's. Looking to improve and find others females to ride with in the Winston-Salem, NC area....send me an email....

Bring that mountain bike up to the Raleigh area (and leave the knobby tires on) - we have tons of trails just waiting for you:D

ayermail2
07-10-2002, 08:59 AM
Tammy - I thought I had heard rumors about a "chick" club starting in Raleigh, don't know if it was mtb, road or just whatever - is that true? Raleigh is far enough away that I couldn't do it all the time, but once in awhile.....

FYI - my mtb is a Raleigh!! :-)

tammy
07-10-2002, 09:09 AM
I don't know anything about any "chick" clubs, but the folks I ride with (consisting of both men and women) are very friendly, and we would love to have you join us any time:D

ayermail2
07-10-2002, 09:21 AM
Are the folks you ride with part of a club? I'm hinting at maybe a web link for a ride schedule or some other info or way to know what's going on in Raleigh....? ;)

tammy
07-10-2002, 09:39 AM
Actually it's a real loose-knit group of folks, the heart of which are a couple of home builders, who are also the primary builders of the majority of local trails here in Raleigh. We're casually known as the "Cooper Group", since one of the guys who brought us all together is affectionately known as "Cooper".

Anyway, we don't have a website or anything, but I can certainly add your e-mail address to our "ride list". We ride every Wednesday evening and Sunday morning, year-round, as well as many weekday evenings and Saturdays. Just PM me if you want to be added to the list; that way we can notify you of where the rides are, as well as any special rides or activities we do. Also, here are the links to a couple of the race series that my husband and I are involved with this year (we're doing the downhill stuff, but Cane Creek has a lot of cross-country, too).

http://www.madhra.com
http://www.canecreek.com

ayermail2
11-26-2002, 08:59 AM
Finally found out about that...

It's actually a MOTORCYCLE club !!! Sorry....

mitsuni
02-28-2003, 11:56 AM
I am a beginner off road rider, my husband is advanced. He has been looking for a place to ride. We would be interested in riding with a group. We are in Fayetteville and can get to Raliegh easily.