PDA

View Full Version : Update on the lung fungus....

Running Mommy
03-20-2007, 06:26 PM
I think it's FINALLY on the retreat!! I still have a tiny wee bit of residual soreness when I cough, and a bit of a rattle. But I feel WAY better tonight than even lastnight. And lastnight I felt pretty darn good!

But TRUE TO MY WORD!!! I am NOT I repeat NOT training this week. The weekend however is my last chance for a long one (100 mi bike/ 6 mi run), so I'm resting up for that.
So by then I should be good and healed up. I had my chest xray yesterday and it must have been clear because the doc didn't call. He's very good about calling and checking on me, so I have faith that the film was clear. Also by the fact that I actually feel human again. I will call in the am though just to make sure.

And I want to thank you girls for really getting on my case about trying to train through this. SOmetimes my type A ironwoman personality clouds my better judgement.
You girls (and mr silver) really are the BESTEST!!!
Ciao!
Denise

P.S. Spencer told the little neighbor kid that I had to go have a chest x ray yesterday. So the kid says to me today "ms. denise, did you get your chest x rated yesterday?" :p
Gotta love kids!!!

mimitabby
03-20-2007, 07:55 PM
that's a cute kid story.

Thanks for slowing down and taking care of yourself.

Wahine
03-20-2007, 08:20 PM
I am sooooo glad you're feeling better Denise. I understand the desire to train through and I'm sure glad we could all be here to talk some sense to you. I hope everyone will do that for me when I start doing silly things as my IM mind gets progressively more warped.

Take care of yourself.

Another funny kid story:

I was in the pool locker room yesterday while a mother and her approx 3 year old son were getting dressed. The son asked if she was going swimming again when Mom put on her bra. She said no that this was her underwear. The look of utter confusion on the kid's face was priceless. Mom went on to explain that women wear underwear on that part of their body also. Kid, "Why?". Mom "To protect us." Kid "From sharks?" Mom "Yeah, land sharks."

I burst out laughing.:D :D

chickwhorips
03-21-2007, 08:01 AM
so happy to hear your doing better!

the two kid stories crack me up. :D

Bikingmomof3
03-21-2007, 10:35 AM
Oh I am happy to hear you are feeling better and taking it easy. :)