PDA

View Full Version : What have i done to my leg?

crazycanuck
03-17-2007, 04:05 AM
Umm..I have an odd item on my leg. I am wondering what I may have done and how to get rid of it.

A bit of background. On our hill ride to Kalamunda today we did a fair bit of climbing which was fine. When we arrived at the Coffee shop, i sat down & felt this odd pain in the top part of my right thigh-i think near my hip flexor. I went for a walk to try & stretch it out but it just felt as if someone had kicked me :confused:

To make a long story short, i went home & stretched some more but it's still buggin me :mad:

The area is red & around the size of a large piece of salami, a bit streched and just weird...

What is going on with my leg? I could have told the dr while i was at his office but i hadn't changed as it was right after our ride.....:(

I'm not going mtn biking tomorrow on the odd chance i fall & do more damage to the area.

Perhaps something bit me?

Thanks
C

Bruno28
03-17-2007, 04:19 AM
Obviously I'm not medically qualified but it sounds like a bite to me. Could you ask a pharmacist to take a look at it and give you something for it?

Hope you feel better soon.

han-grrl
03-17-2007, 09:03 AM
I would suggest getting it looked at

KnottedYet
03-17-2007, 09:20 AM
Sounds weird to me. You have socialized medical care in Australia, right? If you were here I'd recc calling the doc (they can't charge you for that yet here). But it sounds kinda weird and with a potential icky-factor being as it's in your groin.

Yeah, go to the doctor. (can you go for me, too, while you're at it?)

Knot-wishes-the-US-wasn't-the-only-industrialized-country-without-socialized-medicine

kelownagirl
03-17-2007, 12:22 PM
I was stung by a wasp riding last summer and that's what it looked like. And boy does that poison spread when you are using your legs. I think you probably would have noticed it when it stung you though, unless you go stung just as you sat down...

crazycanuck
03-17-2007, 04:54 PM
Thanks ladies,

I'll pay a visit to one of the few pharmacies open on a sunday in Perth...:mad:

It's just more annoying as it's itchy..

Wierd...:confused:

C

matagi
03-17-2007, 07:21 PM
Sounds like an insect bite, I would venture to say ant bite from the description.

Probably a bit late now, but worth trying some ice to the area.

crazycanuck
03-17-2007, 07:34 PM
I applied some ice to it yesterday as soon as i got home...

I've never been bitten by any creature before but whatever it was had a knock of a bite!!! It felt as if someone had punched the area really hard..

C

withm
03-18-2007, 05:41 AM
Sounds like a nasty bite. But keep an eye on it. Benadryl would probably help - either the cream or pills.

However, IF it gets worse, redder, hot, or shows red streaks radiating from the area, get to a DR asap. It could be a spider bite and they often require more agressive treatment. That happened to a friend last year, and they said if she had waited another day she could easily have lost her hand to it.

Hope it heals up quickly.

Running Mommy
03-18-2007, 01:56 PM
How is it today?? Def. sounds like a bite to me. And I know you have some scary buggers out there! Keep an eye on it.
Denise - who wants to go to perth on holiday someday, but prolly needs to win the lottery first- amos.

P.S. I wonder how longs it's gonna take to get that package back?? Maybe I'll look into fed exig it next time. :D

crazycanuck
03-18-2007, 03:04 PM
Hi ladies,

Thanks for your replies. The area is not as red as it was yesterday. I took a clarytine & put some ointment on just to see how well it helped. If it's still not better by tomorrow, i'll pay a dr a visit.

Denise...i'll call the post office & find out :)

C

lizbids
03-23-2007, 12:52 PM
Soooo....any news on the ol' bite?