PDA

View Full Version : Called in sick

Susan126
03-16-2007, 07:26 AM
My dd has no classes today so . . . I called in sick and we are going to do a ride on the Interurban Trail starting from Auburn's Super Mall. We hope to do a 30 mile ride. We are leaving in about an hour, stopping for our mochas and then hopefully get on the trail by 10 or 10:30. It's very cloudy right now but we don't think it's going to rain (keeping fingers and toes crossed). My daughter said, "Listen mom." as she opend the window. I heard birds singing. She said when it's cloudy and it's going to rain I've noticed the birds do not sing. But when it's cloudy and it's not going to rain . . . even clear, the birds are always singing. So I'm putting her theory to a test today . . . no rain although it's quite grey outside right now.

I'm off . . . I will report our ride later this afternoon. If anyone is on the Interurban Trail this morning/afternoon and you see two gals, one on a red trek 2200 wsd bike with a red helmet (me) and one on a blue and silver Specialized Dolce Elite with a blue and white helmet (daughter) wave, shout hello, join us! :D

Sue

mimitabby
03-16-2007, 07:30 AM
hmmm very tempting.

East Hill
03-16-2007, 12:20 PM
Dang! If I'd read this before I got off work this morning! I biked home from Claimjumper's this morning. I did not see a single cyclist out :( .

If I'd kept going all the way to the Supermall I'd have made there just about the time you left.

Susan, does your daughter have the 2004 Dolce Elite? I tried to pry caligurl's BG Dolce saddle away from her, and she refuses to let go...I need another one of those wonderful saddles.

East Hill

mimitabby
03-16-2007, 12:29 PM
hey East Hill, didn't you go to Bike expo?

Susan126
03-16-2007, 06:35 PM
East Hill, yes, she does have a 2004 Specialized and she LOVES her saddle. In fact I have the same one on my trek too! They are nice! I hope you get another one! I bought a spare the last time I purchased a saddle. Jackie and I both love this saddle so much! I have one on my mountain bike too!

Well, we got onto the Interurban Trail next to the theater in the super mall and rode 5 miles and then turned a hard left onto the Green River Trail. We decided to ride it because the day was turning out so nice. The trees along the river and homes on the trail were all a bloom with pink flowers. Golfers were out on the golf course that we rode by. I wanted to take a picture (only had my camera phone) of Jackie next to the bronze cyclists but she didn't want to stop. We rode to the end of the GRT all the way to Marginal Way (22 miles total one way) then we turned around to do the 22 miles back and smack!!!!! Major head wind! We made it and got in 44 miles of which the last 22 were hard because of the wind. What a gorgeous day it turned out to be. Famished we stopped in at Red Robins and did some major grubbing. Then we drove home and showered and went to the gym (we almost called our trainer and said we weren't coming in but we decided to go). We told him we just did a fantastic 44 mile bike ride and he grinned and said, "Today is leg day ladies!" :eek: What?! We screamed back! Yep, we did a major leg workout. So I don't know if my legs will be usable tomorrow. I guess I'll just have to wait and see. Lucky for me we aren't riding tomorrow as I have major house work waiting for me. But on Sunday dd, dh, and me will be doing our "Flaming Geyser" ride. We start near the Green Valley Meat and ride to Flaming Geyser and back. Total 18 mile ride. Perfect especially after today!

I hope everyone here got out! I feel bad for the folks back east, did you see the major winter storm they got?! Wow!

East Hill
03-17-2007, 12:41 AM
hey East Hill, didn't you go to Bike expo?

Yes, I did!

I had a great time, too :D .

Even if I didn't 'meet' anyone except for Susan. Although now I will recognise her and her daughter.

Susan, what time will you be doing the Flaming Geyser Ride? I'm a fairly slow rider, but it's not too far for me to get out there if you don't mind me tagging along, and if you start around 9.00 am or so...

East Hill

dakay
03-17-2007, 07:42 AM
Susan126,

I didn't see many other riders yesterday. Did you see us? DH and I did a Cascade ride yesterday from Tukwila to Auburn. We had a group of seven riders so would have been hard to miss. We started at 10:00 and went south on and off the green river trail, went up a steep trail with switchbacks and then down into Auburn for lunch. We returned on the Interurban. Great ride, wonderful weather. 43 miles.

Kathy

Susan126
03-17-2007, 07:49 AM
East Hill . . . I will let you know. Dh and dd and I are debating the flaming geyser ride or our Enumclaw plateau ride. Time yet has not been discussed but I will commit them tonight to a start time and will let you know.

Of course you're welcome . . . so check tonight.

We did see a group of riders on our way back to the super mall (between 1:30 - 1:45ish) we were about 2 miles from the end of our ride. Was that you dakay? Wasn't it the perfect day for a ride?!!!!

Cleaning the house today . . . sigh . . .

Susan126
03-18-2007, 06:49 AM
It's 7:35 AM Sunday morning and I am working on my first cup of coffee. Looking outside my window it is very overcast and grey. Jackie is up and she said we should now do an afternoon ride probably start around 2 PM. Even this will depend on the weather. Jackie hates riding on a wet road and will wait until it dries out before hitting the pavement with her bike.

I do hear birds "singing" . . . Jackie says they have to be really all out singing . . . a regular euphony of singing. Not just a peep here and there for a prediction of nice weather to come.

I don't see my two bald eagles soaring outside my window this morning. Either I missed them or they are sleeping in this morning because of the gloomy weather.

East Hill
03-18-2007, 08:42 AM
My guess is rain...unfortunately for me, my stomach is upset, so I'm crawling downstairs to get some time in on the exercise bike. But then I'm going to work on the bike build (ooh! New Nishiki Olympic 12 frame in cherry red!). And I have tonight off, yay!

East Hill

Susan126
03-18-2007, 08:58 AM
The weather does appear to be going down the tubes. Sigh . . . maybe it will have to be the gym today. Darn it anyway I was looking forward to an outside bike ride.

Oh how neat East Hill . . . building your own bike! Post some pictures sometime!

On the brighter side, the first day of spring is Tuesday! And our days are getting longer! On the nice days (like this past Friday's) Jackie and I are going to do an Interurban/Green River after work ride. Her last class is over at 2:00 and I am off at 2:30 . . . we plan to go straight to Auburn's Super Mall and start getting a 24 mile ride in before dinner on those warm, sunny, beautiful spring days. Or . . . I can call in sick again (on a really really really nice day) and get an Enumclaw ride in. Like my favorite 45 mile loop. I start from the Enuclaw High School parking lot, cycle down towards Flaming Geyser, climb up out of Flaming Geyser to Black Diamond, cycle to Ravensdale, past Green River Gorge, past Nolte State Park, and back into Enumclaw. What a great ride with lots of climbs to build up your climbing legs! Maybe we can meet up sometime. :D

dakay
03-18-2007, 01:16 PM
[QUOTE=Susan126;180765]
We did see a group of riders on our way back to the super mall (between 1:30 - 1:45ish) we were about 2 miles from the end of our ride. Was that you dakay? Wasn't it the perfect day for a ride?!!!!
QUOTE]

Could have been us. It sure was a beautiful day. Hope we get some more like that this spring.

dakay

East Hill
03-19-2007, 05:51 AM
You know Susan, just a couple of years ago the thought of doing a ride like that would have stunned me. I guess just a few years can make a big difference in how we look at hills when we have to climb them every day :) .

East Hill

Susan126
03-19-2007, 06:23 AM
How true, East Hill! And when I tell non-cycling friends and family about a 45 mile hilly ride they just stare at me like I have spinach between my two front teeth! :confused: Puzzeled.

We did get a ride in yesterday afternoon after all, East! Around 2 PM when the clouds started to part and the sun began to shine through we decided to go for it. We grabbed our bikes and did 15 miles on the Orting Trail before dinner. Nice way to end a weekend.

East Hill
03-19-2007, 08:23 AM
I decided my tummy didn't hurt so much that I couldn't get out there too :D .

But I just did the normal 12 something miles up and down the Big Soos Creek Trail. Always something of interest going on along there, though.

East Hill