PDA

View Full Version : Marthoning again

limewave
03-15-2007, 12:57 PM
I just received a complimentary registration into the Chicago Marathon from New Balance. Yesterday I was joking with our PR person about using "exciting" and "sucky" in the same sentence. Well, that about wraps up how I feel. The Chicago Marathon is exciting and I"m really looking forward to it. But, it's going to be sucky doing all those long, lonely training runs this summer. I've been putting off signing up, but now I"m totally committed.

Tri Girl
03-15-2007, 03:52 PM
Chicago, huh??? It IS exciting and sucky- very appropriate! :D How exciting to get the chance to do the race, but I know what you mean about all those long, lonely miles. Hopefully you can drag someone along with you (even if it's someone who's riding a bike while you run). :)

Deborajen
03-17-2007, 09:08 AM
I'm looking at doing another half mary (maybe the full - we'll see how it goes) in the fall. I understand the exciting/sucky feeling. Even the half takes a lot of long training miles, but race day is definitely exciting and a great payoff. Having a goal makes the sucky training part go better. Chicago - wow! That would really be something to look forward to.

Deb