PDA

View Full Version : I heard....

Toni
03-15-2007, 05:36 AM
my bike crying!! I have not been able to commute this week at all due to heavy rain......I used to ride in the rain until I found out the results of my bone density. Absolutely horrible, -2.9 spine.:eek: I can't start on medication until I have completed some dental work, so I am being the responsible adult and not putting myself in harms way. A couple of weeks ago I rode and it was a little slick on the roads and I almost fell twice. I am not a weenie, but I am having a hard time telling myself it is okay to not ride. I did buy a trainer, but it just isn't the same. It looks like the sun is starting to show itself :) , just in time for me to hop on a plane and fly to Thunderbay, Ontario. The temperature there is 1 degree. I don't think I will be renting a bike while I am there!!

mimitabby
03-15-2007, 07:59 AM
my bike crying!! I have not been able to commute this week at all due to heavy rain......I used to ride in the rain until I found out the results of my bone density. Absolutely horrible, -2.9 spine.:eek: I can't start on medication until I have completed some dental work, so I am being the responsible adult and not putting myself in harms way. A couple of weeks ago I rode and it was a little slick on the roads and I almost fell twice. I am not a weenie, but I am having a hard time telling myself it is okay to not ride. I did buy a trainer, but it just isn't the same. It looks like the sun is starting to show itself :) , just in time for me to hop on a plane and fly to Thunderbay, Ontario. The temperature there is 1 degree. I don't think I will be renting a bike while I am there!!

do a search for Osteoporosis, we have a thread about it.
(join the club) be sure you are taking enough calcium.. and there are lots of exercises you can do to build bone.
good luck, i am sorry about your bad news. mine is in my hip. I am on the line between osteopenia and the big O.
(i don't know the numbers)