PDA

View Full Version : Chuckanut Century: Sept 16th

KnottedYet
03-12-2007, 09:18 PM
http://www.mtbakerbikeclub.org/Chuckanut%20century/ChuckanutCentury.htm

This ride has 25, 50, 62, 100, and 124 mile loops.

I intend to do this ride, most likely the 50, 62, or maybe the 100.

It's only $35 for preregistration, and it benefits Whatcom Hospice. I have a deep appreciation for Whatcom Hospice, as they helped us immensely as my Dad was dying.

So, I really really want to do this ride. Anyone interested in riding it with me?

teigyr
03-13-2007, 07:59 PM
This looks like it's a sunday? While I bid for shifts 3-4x a year (yeah, it's a pain for pre-scheduling things), I can go on a limb and say we'll be there. I've never been to Bellingham and I heard it's beautiful. I also 100% believe in the cause. I'm lucky with my dad so far but we've had some close calls and I am so indebted to everyone who has helped us.

I should be recovered from the Subaru triathalon, no? Worst case scenario is I do 50 and whine quietly to myself :D

mimitabby
03-13-2007, 08:15 PM
If I'm not in Italy, I'm interested. This is pretty country. I like the route.
(I am spending 2 weeks of september in Italy)

HipGnosis6
03-18-2007, 01:09 PM
That is, unfortunately, my pack-up-and-move day....

I'm heading to Chicago. I'll be there for at least two years.

KnottedYet
03-18-2007, 01:11 PM
OOooh! Hip! What'll you be doing?

DarcyInOregon
03-18-2007, 04:02 PM
I've got the event marked. I will try to be there. Keep this thread open, and as the months go by, more people will say they will go.

Since it is in September, I may choose one of the longer routes.

Darcy

Wahine
03-18-2007, 06:50 PM
This is the same weekend as some major triathlons. I'll let you know. It sounds interesting. If I'm completely bagged from IM I won't be there, I'll be sleeping. If I'm bagged from IM I'll likely be there because I won't be able to do any of the tris that weekend. If I feel great, I'll be racing at a triathlon likely.

Sounds like fun. I wish I had one of those cool little clocks like Hermione has in the 3rd Harry Potter book.

HipGnosis6
03-18-2007, 10:24 PM
OOooh! Hip! What'll you be doing?

School. I'm moving to continue with Fashion, because the Seattle program is... well, not fully up to speed. So off I go to the Chicago IADT in an effort to graduate before 2010.

KnottedYet
04-07-2007, 07:17 AM
Anniversary of my dad's death. Feeling the gratitude to Whatcom Hospice all over again. Re-read the Chuckanut Century website, re-committed myself (now I just gotta register).

I'll probably do the North loops, cuz Flossie doesn't have low enough gears to get me thru the hills on the South loops. (and I have no desire to deal with weekend traffic on Chuckanut Drive)

nicole309
04-18-2007, 03:15 PM
We went to the Boundary Bay Brewery after the Tulip Pedal this weekend because the Skagit area was so crazy. Maybe after this ride we will have to go to the Skagit Brewery!!