PDA

View Full Version : TriFREAK - The Gorge

Wahine
03-12-2007, 08:59 PM
Many of you know that I competed in a sprint distance indoor tri this weekend. Some of you have asked about my results, some have threatened to “spill the beans”, so I guess I better fess up.

First of all, I was waiting to get my “official” results off the web and to give the web link for the race. Since I haven’t had computer access for the last 48 hours….

So I wasn’t really dragging my feet about posting.

I did check for results and they aren’t up yet.

I did well. My swim time was great, my bike time acceptable and my run went fantastic, (I cracked a 8 min mile pace for 3 miles, my best run pace at a tri ever). The distances were 0.5 km swim, 15 km bike on a trainer at poolside and a 5 km run. The bike was tough because it was really hot, to the point of being nauseating if my HR got up too high. The run was a fast, relatively flat course.

As for placing, I won my age group. But that wasn’t too hard, I think I was one of 2 women in that group, I may have been the only one. They don’t have the official results up yet so I can’t check.

The cool part was that I took first overall for the women. Remember, this was a small race. It’s not like I posted pro times or anything. But I am proud of my finish. My time was 1:04 and some seconds, I don't remember exactly.

It was a good race with very friendly organizers. It would be a great race for first timers. The only thing that disappointed me was that they did not have post race food. Not even bananas. But, since this is the first year for these guys, I suspect they had minimal money to work with. Having said that, Cory (a woman who helps with the organization) fed me when she heard that I had nothing to eat. She’s a sweetie. They have more PNW races coming up. Check out the website at www.trifreak.com. The next indoor tri is not far from Seattle in 2 weeks.

crazycanuck
03-13-2007, 01:40 AM
Wahoooooeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...YAYYAYYYY...

You guys in the states have some interesting indoor Tri's...cool yet different.

Wahine you're one awesome chickie.:)

C

rocknrollgirl
03-13-2007, 01:53 AM
As we say here at the Jersey Shore...

SWEET!

We also say.....YEE HAAA

ok, well maybe "we" don't say yee haa, maybe only I say yee haa, but the surfer dudes do say...

SWEET!

Ruth

KSH
03-13-2007, 08:32 AM
WOW! Great job! Thanks for sharing the results.

BTW- How do they track your miles on the bike? As for the swim, was it a timed swim for a specific distance, or were you suppose to swim as far as you could in a certain amount of time?

Bluetree
03-13-2007, 11:35 AM
Way to go Wahine!

My hero!!! Er, heroine!!!

Running Mommy
03-13-2007, 11:58 AM
way to go wahine!!! GREAT JOB!! Gonna turn pro now?/ ha ha

kelownagirl
03-13-2007, 12:21 PM
Congratulations Wahine!!!

chickwhorips
03-13-2007, 03:20 PM
good job!!!!!

hey they have photos on that page. any of you?

colby
03-13-2007, 05:27 PM
WOOHOO! Congrats, Wahine! :D

Wahine
03-13-2007, 07:12 PM
KSH - the swim was for distance and was timed by someone on deck. The trainers they used were similar to a computrainer, without a full size computer. They had wireless receivers that gave info on distance, speed and wattage. The trainers were calibrated for the combined weight of bike and rider such that I had to give the same wattage output to gain 1 mile as I would on a flat road. I might have to put out 170 W to go 17 mph, while the very skinny girl next to me could do the same with 130 W. It was actually really cool.

RM - Nobody's knocking on my door to pay me to do this, so no on the Pro thing.;)

Blue - I'm not so sure about heroine. Isn't that illegal?

Thanks for all the congratulations.

It's great coming from you gals. It's funny when I get congratulations at work. You know that they realize that they should say congratulations but there's not nearly the same kind of excitement in their voices as when someone gets a good haircut.

Bluetree
03-14-2007, 08:35 AM
Wooo Hooooo!!! Wahine got a new haircut!!!!

:p :D :D :D

Starfish
03-14-2007, 07:01 PM
It's funny when I get congratulations at work. You know that they realize that they should say congratulations but there's not nearly the same kind of excitement in their voices as when someone gets a good haircut.

Hey, Clark Kent's office-mates never got it, either. ;)