PDA

View Full Version : Specialized Globe City

sulis
03-05-2007, 05:50 AM
I have been commuting on my road bike the past two summers. Once the snow breaks, I will be commuting to work again. But I also want to expand my commuting this year to use my car less. So I am looking into getting a 2nd bike with a rack so I can go grocery shopping, etc on it - instead of driving.

I think I have decided on the Specialized Globe City. My LBS doesn't stock it but said they could special order it. I'm a bit nervous buying a bike I have not ridden on. Does anyone have this bike or even test ridden it, seen it in person -a nything? I would be interested to hear some honest feedback. It seems to have everything I want and the specialized is a good brand. But first hand experience is priceless.

Thanks all

Deanna
03-09-2007, 08:51 AM
I recently handled one. A friend who owned the Breezer Villager (set up similar to the Globe) recently switched to the Globe. He's glad he made the switch because the Globe is lighter than the Breezer. Both of these bikes are wonderful for commuting and doing errands about town. I owned a Globe the first year they came out--I imagine the features are the same, but massive improvements have been made in the internal hub. If you want a good, functional around town errand & commute bike go for it. They're not the best for long distances though.

crumpincommuter
03-27-2007, 06:40 PM
If you haven't decided on the G.C. yet, I encourage you to take it for a spin... I just took delivery of 6.1W, rode to work everyday for the last 2 wks ( 40-50 mi round trip) and love love love it... Who knew I'd ever enjoy riding in the rain...The only things missing on this sofa on wheels is a handlebar mount for the TV and a basket to hold the popcorn bowl..