PDA

View Full Version : IMAZ Video- almost a year later...

Running Mommy
03-02-2007, 06:05 AM
Ok, so my artistic friend Kevin FINALLY did my IMAZ video. It's pretty cool, but I must warn you- if you are at work you may want to turn down the speakers!! - Or if you are sensitive to salty language. lets just say he used an interesting song.
He did a great job IMO. He used some Kona footage, some from the IMAZ athlete video, and then of course footage of me plodding through the race.

very cool tho!
Enjoy!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGFx4xWnnnI

KSH
03-02-2007, 06:20 AM
WOW! Awesome! :D

I loved it! I wished I could have seen MORE of you... but it was great!

Yea, uuummm... that video is not kid safe or work safe... :cool: for anyone else who is going to watch it.

OK, watching that video and seeing the landscape for IMAZ... I pretty much think I need to do the Hotter-N-Hell 100 this summer. I was going to miss it... but if I can HnH 100 in 100+ degree heat... I can do the bike for IMAZ!

The swim looked BRUTAL! Really didn't seem like there was a way to get away from people! Just looked like a swim/stop.... swim/stop combo out there. I kind of dread that.

That is so awesome that people line up on that bridge to watch the swimmers. And there were SO MANY people!

Otherwise, really cool getting to SEE you cross the finish line! Great stuff!

Grog
03-02-2007, 06:50 AM
Pretty cool Denise, thanks for sharing this!

I'm usually not the sensitive type but... I cried at the end.

alpinerabbit
03-02-2007, 09:20 AM
Wow....

the swim looks scary.

Wahine
03-04-2007, 11:58 AM
Denise - that was great. Brought tears to my eyes. I'm so pumped about IM.

DH wants to buy a video camera now so he can do the same for me and my friend James at IM Can.

Tri Girl
03-04-2007, 12:21 PM
Awesome!!!! Thanks for sharing!!! IM is such an emotional event- had to not get choked up!!!
This year they better get more footage of you so most of the video can be Denise in action out there! :D

Brandy
03-04-2007, 01:03 PM
Pretty cool Denise, thanks for sharing this!

I'm usually not the sensitive type but... I cried at the end.

Me too. :o That was very moving Denise!

Oh...and I was at Nytro in Encinitas on Thursday and Michellie Jones was there speaking. I'm not a triathlete, but it was very cool to hear her talk about her IM experiences.

Pika
03-04-2007, 04:23 PM
All I can say is WOW! I have always wanted to do an IM- that video is an inspiration- You are an inspiration!!
It must have been so amazing to be part of such an event!
When I watch that video I'm reminded that dreams can be realized and willpower can be built! ( even mine!)
Thanks for sharing:) You are awesome!
Wahine: keep in mind DH and I will be there with our video- will be great to catch you zipping by- actually someone I know instead of random athlete:)
anyway we will be ther cheering you on.
My Dh will be thanking God it is not him and I will be wishing it was me:)
Tam

Wahine
03-04-2007, 05:32 PM
Wahine: keep in mind DH and I will be there with our video- will be great to catch you zipping by- actually someone I know instead of random athlete:)
anyway we will be ther cheering you on.
My Dh will be thanking God it is not him and I will be wishing it was me:)
Tam

Sweeeeeeettttt!! :D :D

We'll have to figure out some different formatting. I was never able to open the China videos. :(

Running Mommy
03-04-2007, 06:14 PM
You will DEFINTELY want to have your race immoratalized on video!!
And also take some static shots of the IM village and other random things to throw into the edit. Things that are cool to tape are also the rows of bikes, the athlete dinner, and body marking.

I have all of my early races on tape. I have them all edited on one dvd so I can watch them when I feel the need to be inspired. It shows me just how far I have come.

I don't know if we will get this years IM on tape, but I hope I can talk Tony into schelping the camera around again. I'm hoping that I at least LOOK faster this year!! lol

The way I see it is I need to have all my important milestones on tape for future generations. And dang it if an IM is not an important milestone!:D

Lise
03-04-2007, 07:41 PM
You always inspire me, Denise. And I always cry, watching any IM. :rolleyes: :D Well, who wouldn't!?! Amazing, amazing, amazing. You go, girls!

Bluetree
03-05-2007, 07:37 AM
That was soooooooo awesome, Denise. You inspire me to do Ironman one day! :D :D :D