PDA

View Full Version : Obesity caused by a virus?

LBTC
02-28-2007, 04:45 PM
I just saw this on the news tonight and what a concept that would be! Certainly would make a lot of the common ideas about obesity go sideways wouldn't it? I think they said the virus is AD-37 and that the concept is that it is carried by skinny people. Of course, the new article reminded everyone that diet and exercise are the number one contributors to obesity, followed by lack of sleep, exposure to industrial chemicals, keeping our homes to warm in the winter and too cool in the summer, and I found those to be very compelling ideas also.

How do you think this will change the strategy to reduce obesity in North America?

H&B
~T~

AutumnBreez
02-28-2007, 07:24 PM
I just saw this on the news tonight and what a concept that would be! Certainly would make a lot of the common ideas about obesity go sideways wouldn't it? I think they said the virus is AD-37 and that the concept is that it is carried by skinny people. Of course, the new article reminded everyone that diet and exercise are the number one contributors to obesity, followed by lack of sleep, exposure to industrial chemicals, keeping our homes to warm in the winter and too cool in the summer, and I found those to be very compelling ideas also.

How do you think this will change the strategy to reduce obesity in North America?

H&B
~T~

Reminded everyone that diet and exercise are the number one contributors to obesity, Yikes! If I exercise and watch what I eat it will cause me to become obese?? Who conducted the study?? health insurance company?? Mc Donalds?
Colbert will show a clearer picture on this subject I am sure--can't wait to hear it...

Just play'n around, Autumn

jobob
02-28-2007, 07:31 PM
methinks the virus is transmitted by Oreo cookies.

AutumnBreez
02-28-2007, 07:38 PM
hehehe...me thinks you may have the answer, but since I'm no angel me must continue to licks the filling and dunks the cookies in me pure white milks.

RoadRaven
03-03-2007, 09:44 AM
methinks the virus is transmitted by Oreo cookies.

jobob! I think you really have something here. I think you should apply for a research grant and travel all to all countries which import oreos to investigate the correlation between consumption of the cookies and manifestation of the virus.

Of course, you will offer to bike in each country in order to enable the research grant to take you to more countries because of the vehicle hireage/insurance and petrol monies you will save.

Awesome! We have oreos here now - I can expect you and your investigative team on bikes sometime soon?