PDA

View Full Version : First time singletracking!!!!

Biking Kitsune
06-24-2004, 10:52 AM
WOO HOO!!!

Ry and I went exploring back roads paths in our neighborhood and he really surprised me, turning off on a singletrack path that lead off into the fields on his recumbant. I followed in what was one of my most AWESOME biking experiences to date. The hills! The drops! The divots! The rocks!!!
I'm hooked.

bounceswoosh
06-24-2004, 11:06 AM
Very cool =)

Irulan
06-24-2004, 11:37 AM
:D ;) :cool: :D ;) :cool:

irulan

hibiscus09
07-07-2004, 04:16 PM
What's single-tracking? :) I'm assuming a mountain bike term. LOL

Biking Kitsune
07-07-2004, 04:52 PM
It's riding a trail (a single track, as it were) through grass/brush/trees/streams etc. They can have pretty technical spots, rocks, divots, etc, too. They tend to be pretty narrow.

hibiscus09
07-07-2004, 05:25 PM
Thanks -- cool! I've never mountainbiked -- sounds like fun. :) We are going to Colorado in a week and a half for a family adventure trip and one of the activities we signed up for was "Downhill Mountain Biking" -- LOL! Guess I'll find out what it's about. :)

pedalfaster
07-07-2004, 07:59 PM
I have to admit I'm mostly a roadie these days. Your post reminded me of the joy of discovering that narrow ribbon of dirt. Knew Irulan would be happy. ;)

It also reminded me of an Adidas (trail-running) poster I used to have taped to the bathroom mirror:

"The road to hell is paved."

:D

Join IMBA (http://www.imba.com/) if you have the cashola. Good organization.

bounceswoosh
07-08-2004, 07:32 AM
Hibiscus:

There are a lot of types of mountain biking. If you hear people talk about "just plain" mountain biking, they're usually talking about cross country. Downhill mountain biking usually uses a heavier bike with more travel in the suspension. The key feature of downhilling is, you don't have to climb up the mountain first! I haven't tried it yet, though.

Irulan
07-08-2004, 04:54 PM
one of the activities we signed up for was "Downhill Mountain Biking" -- LOL! Guess I'll find out what it's about.

I hope they mean fireroad on regular bikes, and not real DH riding!! Gravity can be fun thing, but in small doses for the uninitiated...

irulan