PDA

View Full Version : Blisters, blisters and more blisters

BoPeep
02-19-2007, 01:48 AM
G'day Everyone,
Was wondering if anyone can help. I get humongous blisters on the bottom of my feet (metatarsels...sp?) continuously. I have tried everything, good socks, good shoes, and I am always on the go running, mtb-ing, tramping so can't understand why my feet are always in such a mess.:confused:
Is there anything out there that I could be using? Or any remedies that anyone could recommend? I would be very grateful for any help.

Cheers
M

mimitabby
02-19-2007, 05:58 AM
stupid question, have you tried wool socks? can you get shoes that breathe better?

han-grrl
02-19-2007, 08:55 AM
what socks and shoes are you using?

have you tried a good set of custom footbeds/insoles?

BoPeep
02-19-2007, 10:28 AM
stupid question, have you tried wool socks? can you get shoes that breathe better?

Have great shoes (Lake) and have tried every combination of socks including wool. Still my feet seem to rub and I get great big blisters and lose major skin. :(
Thanks though.

BoPeep
02-19-2007, 10:30 AM
what socks and shoes are you using?

have you tried a good set of custom footbeds/insoles?

I have Lake shoes which I really really like, as they have lots of tred and support for off the bike. Have tried heaps of sock combinations and still no go. I usually wear orthotics, but not in my cycling shoes, so insoles might an idea actually. Thanx for that.
cheers

fatbottomedgurl
02-21-2007, 05:47 AM
Just a thought from my hiking days- we would wear two pairs of socks. A thin polypropelene one inside a thicker wool sock. Friction is dissipated between the two layers. But this would probably not fit inside your current shoes.

Grog
02-21-2007, 06:41 AM
I just read about this book in "Her Sport + Fitness" magazine (which I love by the way):

Fixing Your Feet
by John Vonhof
Edited by Wilderness Press (http://www.wildernesspress.com)
$18.95

It's supposed to have a chapter on "175 ways to prevent blisters"...

It might have one for you!!! :eek:

BoPeep
02-21-2007, 06:09 PM
I just read about this book in "Her Sport + Fitness" magazine (which I love by the way):

Fixing Your Feet
by John Vonhof
Edited by Wilderness Press (http://www.wildernesspress.com)
$18.95

It's supposed to have a chapter on "175 ways to prevent blisters"...

It might have one for you!!! :eek:

Awesome, thanks heaps for that, will go looking for it on line now. Relief may be in sight after all.:o

Cheers
BP

BoPeep
02-21-2007, 06:11 PM
Just a thought from my hiking days- we would wear two pairs of socks. A thin polypropelene one inside a thicker wool sock. Friction is dissipated between the two layers. But this would probably not fit inside your current shoes.

Yup, have tried that as well, and on a recent tramping trip, feet still a mess. I honestly don't know what it is, must have really soft feet or somethin:( Thanks for the thought.
Cheers
BP