PDA

View Full Version : So Cal Rides

MountainGirl
05-10-2002, 11:11 AM
I ride primarily in the Santa Monica Mountains in LA. There are some GREAT rides 10 minutes out of the city. My fav is Sullivan Canyon. This trail gets busy on the weekends but it is still manageable. Basically 4 miles of steady uphill on double-track winding through a canyon, then .05 miles of straight uphill single-track to a fire road. You end up miles, it seems above the city and you can see the ocean to the valley...great ride!! The downhill, especially on the double-track is way too much fun.

Mammoth, my other home has great rides. Even Mammoth Mountain has some great single-track off the back. Then there is an 8 mile trail next to I203 called Rock Creek. Very challenging and quite beautiful - never, ever crowded.

And finally...good 'ole Big Bear. Snow Summit has great single-track and long fire road trails into town. Again, busy on the weekends but fun.

Happy Riding!!
___________________________________________-

"Ride hard or stay in the car!" SK

krittling
07-03-2003, 03:35 PM
Hi.I just signed up to the website.I travel for a living and always want to find people to ride with.Currently I am working in Bakersfield. I ride with all guys every week. I would like to mix it up with people of the same level.The guys are a great challenge but it would be nice to ride with people on my level. I am an intermediate rider. Hope to hear something back...661-663-3582
Kara

Phoenix
10-13-2003, 10:39 AM
I appreciated your post, Mountain Girl! I've been riding trails in SimiValley every week or so for two months, now.

Trails over here have been great, but I'm always keeping my ears up for spots to go, in case I'm ever in a traveling mood.

If you'd like to look into the possibility of a get together, please see my other post under SoCalRides.

redhot3368
12-28-2004, 07:04 AM
http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/MTBChix/

Thanks so much!!
Karen