PDA

View Full Version : anyone up for a ride in charlottesville?

aicabsolut
02-08-2007, 08:37 PM
I'm heading to Charlottesville, Va tomorrow to visit family, and the forecast looks warmer there than in DC this weekend.

Anyone up for a ride over the weekend? Any DC-ers want to make a day trip? :D Plenty of hills and no stoplights.

Even some dirt road options along the routes if anyone with cross tires wants to go do that.

Kalidurga
02-09-2007, 11:14 AM
Even some dirt road options along the routes if anyone with cross tires wants to go do that.

Veerrrry tempting, but I have a wedding to attend tomorrow. And it's still just too freakin' cold for me :eek:

divingbiker
02-09-2007, 01:10 PM
Yeah, I'm with you Kali as far as recreational riding goes. I'm bike commuting to work in the cold, but only two days last week and two days this week. That's enough for me.

Once it gets above freezing, I'll be ready for weekend rides again.

Hope all is well with all the mid-Atlantic TE ladies this winter...look forward to seeing you all again in a month or two.

7rider
02-09-2007, 05:02 PM
Got a contractor coming tomorrow to look at the kitchen for a remodeling job. Bummer. I proposed a group 2/19 ride, however. Hope to hook up with y'all soon!

BTW....Kudos to you DB for commuting! I haven't since the end of October, but plan to pick it up again after Prez Day, now that light is returning.

aicabsolut
02-09-2007, 07:09 PM
It was well above freezing here today (39). Supposed to be upper 30s Sat, and around 40 on Sun. ;) Still darn cold.

I might be able to do a ride on the 18th (that's sunday--you meant 18th not 19th, right?)

I'll probably be back out here again..I'll let y'all know.

aicabsolut
02-09-2007, 07:10 PM
oh, NM, I read the thread. I don't get president's day off unfortunately. 2 classes. :(