PDA

View Full Version : Do you think stress could....

Brandi
02-08-2007, 04:33 PM
cause you to be achy? For example My reservationns on the airlines being cancelled without my knowlegde. I was on the phone for about an hour. During this conversation my husband started asking me about charges on our credit card that should not have been there. So today i am really achy! Can stress do this?

mimitabby
02-08-2007, 04:36 PM
hm.. there's a flu going around Brandi. Take your temperature.
Stress could make you not notice that you are ill.

Brandi
02-08-2007, 04:59 PM
hm.. there's a flu going around Brandi. Take your temperature.
Stress could make you not notice that you are ill.
lol! I am not sick. I feel good otherwise. Hungry more today then normal. But we are having really rainy weather right now.

mimitabby
02-08-2007, 05:16 PM
good. just checking everyone in my family is sick now except for younger son.. and older son visited him YESTERDAY.
augh.

KnottedYet
02-08-2007, 08:13 PM
My first thought was that you caught the flu, too! Got flu on the mind... Seattle just closed a school because over 300 students and 14 teachers were out with the flu.

Sknot went to school today for the first time in a week, just getting over the flu.

Yup, I've got flu on the mind!

Wahine
02-08-2007, 08:41 PM
lol! I am not sick. I feel good otherwise. Hungry more today then normal. But we are having really rainy weather right now.

Brandi, do you notice that you often get achy with rainy or humid weather?

matagi
02-08-2007, 11:04 PM
Being stressed can certainly give you neck and shoulder pain, but do you mean the sort of general overall achy feeling like you get when you have flu? That's not usually due to stress, but hey, the human body can do weird things.

Brandi
02-09-2007, 07:52 AM
Well I feel better today.
I guess when it is rainy i do feel achy. But we have gotten so little rain this year it is hard to say. And i do agree the body is a freaky thing.

Mr. Bloom
02-09-2007, 05:06 PM
Brandi, tonight I was feeling stressed while resting on the couch (I know, a funny pictureand contradiction ). With no movement, my sciatica kicked into high gear like I've never experienced - sharp and intense pain. I believe it was the stress.

SouthernBelle
02-10-2007, 05:32 AM
Stress can cause my muscles to tighten up and even get sore. So yep, stress can do it.

Don't you hate it when somebody else is trying to talk to you while you are on the phone?

Bikingmomof3
02-10-2007, 08:00 AM
Brandi,
Stress causes me to become sick, achy, etc.

RoadRaven
02-11-2007, 08:46 PM
Yup... I reckon it could.

Glad to hear you are feeling better, but stress can cause our stomachs to knot, our muscles to bunch, our temperature to vary from the norm and cause "delightful" headaches.

Depends how much stress you are under, and how you normally cope with stress, but yes, it could be one answer.

Don't forget stress is linked (note I say linked, not causes) many physiological symptoms... problems with livers, hearts, stomachs... all sorts.

My mum gets really achey on rainy or humid days... the weather also can affect us significantly.

I suggest a nice looooong bike ride, on a mild day. :)