PDA

View Full Version : I bought her!

Steph
02-08-2007, 06:37 AM
She was a little more "used" than the pictures showed, but we got the lady to knock a couple more hundred off. I think I am going to replace the stickers on the frame. I rode it up and down the road and it felt so weird, but a good weird. The lady I bought it from was probably in her late 40's, early 50's and has a trail head in her back yard. That would be awesome. My husband is taking her for a tune up today but I will be taking some pictures when we ride this weekend if the weather permits. I can't wait to get her on the trails!

VeloChick
02-08-2007, 07:14 AM
I rode it up and down the road and it felt so weird, but a good weird.

Yup, that strange feeling will go away after 10 minutes in the saddle, and you will be as one with your machine. Can't wait to see the pix! :)

bouncybouncy
02-08-2007, 07:27 AM
SCHAAAAAWEEEEEEEEET!!!!! I absolutely LOVE mine as well!!! Mine is somewheres around 23-24 pounds...lots of carbon hand-me-down components and some awesome wheels my DH & I splurged on one year...so lighter is doable!

Many, many happy trails to you and **goldilocks :confused:

emily_in_nc
02-08-2007, 08:46 AM
That's great news - enjoy her!

As an aside, I'm spoiled too, like the woman you bought the bike from. My DH put in single track trails (mostly for walking, but I ride on them too) on our 11 acres. And we also have access out our back woods to miles of horse trails. Unfortunately there are some HUGE puddles on those that never dry up that make passing through them difficult, but it sure is nice to be able to ride my mtb right out my garage. Easier than road riding for me as I live on a long gravel road.

Emily

mimitabby
02-08-2007, 08:59 AM
sounds like you struck a good deal with the price too! Enjoy!

LBTC
02-08-2007, 05:15 PM
Yay, Steph! I'd love our little ladies to get together for a play date!

Have you thought of a name yet? I was thinking something like Paula or Pezzo or double P or what not. She was pretty famous for that gold top, wasn't she? :D

Keep us posted on the ride this weekend! I hope you get to rider her and I know you'll love her when you do!

Hugs and butterflies,
~T~

snowtulip
02-08-2007, 05:23 PM
Congratulations!!!:D :D :D