PDA

View Full Version : Anyone doing the Great Mass Getaway in June?

plushride
02-08-2007, 05:59 AM
So, I was think of doing this as my first ever charity ride...has anyone ever done it? Is it well organized, etc? Anyone doing it this year?

massbikebabe
02-10-2007, 07:36 AM
I have heard that this is a very well supported ride, one that I plan to do next year! This year I am doing the walk, next year the bike. One of my friends went on the GMG and said it was the only ride she ever gained weight on because they support you so well, and are feeding you very often. Best of luck to you and thanks for doing the ride. The greatest lady I know has MS and I am dying to see her cured!!!

karen

SheFly
02-11-2007, 05:23 AM
This will be my 5th GMG. I LOVE this ride - it is so well supported and run; the people are all amazing; and it's for a terrific cause - helping people like our very own Karen!

If you want more details, I would be happy to help. I'm actually on the Steering Committee getting ready for the ride, and am a captain for Team ROAM - we have a team of anywhere from 5 - 8 tandems!

SheFly

plushride
02-13-2007, 08:26 AM
Thanks for the info. I really want to do this ride but am afraid b/c I just signed up for my 1st olympic distance tri 2 weeks later. How long would you say it took to recover from this ride?

SheFly
02-13-2007, 11:33 AM
I would say that depends on you. I do A LOT of riding, so recovery from this ride is pretty easy for me. I was back on the bike and racing our club time trial that week.

The first day of the ride is relatively flat. If you choose to do the 75 mile option, you should be all set for the "less flat" 75 the second day. I would say that if you are already training for an Olympic distance Ironman, you should recover fairly quickly after the ride....

SheFly