PDA

View Full Version : Jack Frost Time Trial?

evangundy
02-07-2007, 08:39 PM
Ok, so I signed up for the Jack Frost Time Trial - February 25th.
I usually just help out the others from our club (OHPV) that race, but I decided to try it myself this year. I'll be there on my Ti-Rush.

Anyone else from here going to be there? (Portland, Oregon)

http://www.bbcbike.com

Edna

Susan Otcenas
02-09-2007, 05:30 PM
I did the Jack Frost 3 years in a row, but last year I opted to do Estacada instead. This year I'll probably sit out Jack Frost again - I'm still in my slow, fat and happy winter mode. :D

Good for you for giving it a try! Maybe a new flame-patterned body sock for the bike to make you feel even faster....

evangundy
02-09-2007, 08:10 PM
I have a new sock in the works. Should be done in time. Not flames, but not my old floral look either. I'll see if someone can get a picture of me day of the race and I'll post it.
Edna

RoadRaven
02-11-2007, 08:49 PM
12.4 miles?
Thats about 20km?
And a flat course?

Sounds a delight... what is the wind usually doing for this course?

Wish I could join you, but I'm just a tad far away
Looking forward to seeing your race report here, E
:D

evangundy
02-12-2007, 05:37 PM
Usually winds coming off Vancouver Lake are a tailwind on the way out, and a headwind on the way back. They usually send recumbents out first, so early in the morning we have very light winds. They usually pick up later (noonish) and affect the upright bikes more than ours. Other TT's I have run, I usually finish last for the adults, beating only the juniors, but each time has been faster than the time before. Being 35lbs lighter this year, and healthier (after my hysterectomy a year ago) and on a lighter bike, I should have some real improvement this year. I never race against anyone else's time, just my own.

I am going to see if the pictures from previous years are posted anywhere; if they are, I'll post a link.

Edna

RoadRaven
02-13-2007, 07:21 PM
I read your description and murmured out loud - "oh, that would be lovely"

My son asked "what would be?"

I said "this TT... a breeze off Vancouver Lake... beautiful scenery I bet"

He was puzzled - he said nothing about a TT should be "lovely" - what was I doing looking at the scenery?

He's right of course - I answered saying that it would be a beautiful course to warm up on - of course thats what I meant - of course! :p

evangundy
02-24-2007, 08:36 AM
Well, last weekend we did a test ride of the course. We added that loop onto our semi-regular JaVaLaVa ride. (from NE Vancouver area to Java House for coffee, on to Vancouver Lake, back to Java House, back to start) The day was beautiful. Our ride leader, Jeff Wills, posted some of the pictures from that ride. Will give you an idea what it was like. http://home.pacifier.com/~jwills/dbday2007/index.htm
Too bad the race tomorrow won't look anything like that. The parking lot will be wall-to-wall cars, bikes & people, and it will be cold and raining. But I'm going to ride anyway. :)
Edna