PDA

View Full Version : Little Red Riding Hood-Utah

Lifesgreat
02-07-2007, 03:15 PM
Here is some info. from www.bbtc.net and there is more discussion on the main cycling board.

June 2nd, 2007

The 20th Annual

Little Red Riding Hood

Women Only Cycling Event with 30, 62, and 100 Mile Options

The Bonneville Bicycle Touring Club invites you to participate in a fully supported, non-competitive, Women only Cycling event. Spend the day riding through beautiful Cache Valley in Northern Utah. This ride is one of only two women metric centuries in the U.S. and the only all women’s century. The route is a loop through the Valley on rural & country (paved) roads. The terrain is mostly flat, with some rolling hills (NO big climbs).

Our bike shop sponsor "BINGHAM CYCLERY" will furnish road support as well as making minor adjustments before the ride.

CLICK HERE FOR PHOTOS OF THE 2006 RIDE

COSTUME CONTEST:

There will be an optional Costume Contest. Prizes will be given to the 1st 2nd and 3rd place individuals with the most creative costumes. There will also be an award for the best group costume. Come a little early - judging and photos will begin at 7:30 before the start of the ride.

OPTIONAL JERSEY:

There will be a ride JERSEY designed especially for this event. The design will be posted on this web site in the near future. For an extra fee of $55 the jersey can be ordered. It must be ordered by March 24th in order to guarantee arrival for the event. Late jersey orders will be $70 and will be shipped approx. 60 days after the event.

The Little Red Riding Hood jersey is manufactured by Voler and will have 3 pockets on the back and a 20" inch zipper.

The jersey will have two cuts

Women's Club Cut is a more generous and relaxed fit and has a belled waist hem that does not contain elastic. The jersey fits comfortably on the hips and does not ride up.
Women's Race Cut is tighter (form) fitted with an elasticized waist to be more aerodynamic.

Jersey Picture Coming Soon!

Check the Measurement Chart and measure yourself before ordering.

The following styles are available:

Short sleeve women's club cut,
Short sleeve women's race cut
Sleeveless women's race cut.
Sleeveless women’s club cut.
REGISTRATION FEE and WHAT IS INCLUDED:

Registration Fee for the ride is $40 (if postmarked by May 26thth) OR $45 day of the ride.

We will donate $5 of your registration fee to THE HUNTSMAN CANCER INSTITUTE for BREAST CANCER RESEARCH.

Included in your fee:

Road support.
A social and continental breakfast (Fruit, Bagels, Muffins and O.J.) at registration.
Snacks and energy drinks at rest stops, a deluxe lunch and after ride refreshments.
Great looking T-shirt or cycling socks.. You may order your T-shirt in a women’s size or a Unisex size. Women’s sizes are meant to be more form fitting. Measure your bust size and use the Voler chart at the bottom of this page to determine your size if you are ordering a Women’s size.
All routes are marked and each rider is provided a map with written directions.
NEW THIS YEAR: a finish line celebration toast served by our volunteer wolves!
RECOMMENDED EQUIPMENT:

Hard shell or ANSI/SNELL approved helmet
A road (or mountain) bike in GOOD working order (check with Bingham Cyclery for a tune-up)
Clothing appropriate for the weather and riding conditions
2 water bottles or "bladder bag"
Sunscreen
A good attitude ready for fun.
SAFETY:
In Utah a bicycle is considered a vehicle. Persons may not ride more than two abreast, and there are areas where you must ride single file. You must obey all the rules of the road, control speed and signal you intentions before hand. Be courteous to other riders and vehicles.

SUPPORT:
Technical support is provided, but we recommend that you carry at tire patch kit or spare tube and frame pump (at a minimum) as well as two water bottles. There are well-stocked rest stops throughout the route. Stops include water, glycogen replacement drinks, carb replacement (e.g., fruit, crackers, nutrition bars, candy, etc.) Lunch stop includes the foregoing as well as sandwiches and chips.

EARLY REGISTRATION PACKET PICK-UP:

There will be early registration packet pick up available on Wednesday, May 30th from 6:00p.m. to 9:00 p.m. at Bingham’s in Salt Lake City.

The address of the Bingham’s Salt Lake location is: 1500 South Foothill Drive. Salt Lake City

NEW THIS YEAR:

There will also be a early registration packet pick-up Friday, June 1st in Wellsville at Bowery Park (Center Street & Main Street) from 5pm – 8pm. We encourage you to pick up your packet early. This could prevent you from standing in lines the morning of the ride. Yummy refreshments will be served.

CHECK-IN:
Registration/Check-in will open at 7:00 a.m., the day of the ride, at Bowery Park in Wellsville, Utah. You may begin riding at 8:00 a.m. The ride begins and ends at Bowery Park (Center Street & Main Street).

ACCOMMODATIONS:
There are motels and campgrounds in the Cache Valley area (Wellsville, Logan, Brigham City, etc). Contact your favorite hotel/motel/campground chain for reservations or go to www.utah.com for a list of some of the area's hotels/motels and campgrounds. Camping is NOT available at Bowery Park.

DIRECTIONS:
From the North: Follow U.S. Highway 89 to Highway 101 and turn right. Follow Highway 101 into Wellsville, where it becomes Main Street. You will see the Park on your left.

From the South: Take I-15 exit #362 (Brigham City) Travel East on U.S. Highway 89 to State Highway 23 turn Left. Follow State Highway 23 into Wellsville, where it becomes Center Street. You will see the Park on your right.

REFUND POLICY:
Registration fees are non-refundable.

FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Contact Penny or Robin Perkins at (801) 486-8140, email: penperk@networld.com or Lynda Forbush (801) 467-5594

SELECT YOUR REGISTRATION METHOD AVAILABLE SOON!

Print and complete this registration form. Then, send it with your payment to the address listed on the form, OR
Click here to register online through Active.com

Sizing chart for optional Jersey and the women’s sized t-shirts.

sbctwin
03-07-2007, 03:51 PM
Finally registered for the LRRH yesterday and ordered me one of the jerseys. I am really excited about the ride. I went to the bike swap on Saturday. They had a rep for the SLC Marathon bike ride there. I told her of my experience last year and that I was hesitant to ride this year because of some of the rudeness I experienced. For one thing, last years t-shirt for the bike ride was very disappointing compared to the runners shirt. But the gal said that this years shirt for the ride will be like the first years shirt. Then she gave me the first year shirt. When I got home, I tried it on and it fit. I didn't think I could fit in a M and I usually hand my t-shirts to my DH. Told my DH, I am keeping this one. I am now seriously thinking of riding this ride again. It is April 21, I think....

yellow
03-07-2007, 04:19 PM
**hijack**

sbctwin, is that the same day as Ghost Town in Tooele? I was planning on Ghost Town as long as it isn't raining.

EDIT: just checked...Ghost Town is on May 5. I'll be killing myself on the Wine Country Century that day, so no Ghost Town for me.

**end hijack**

Now, it's interesting that this thread came back up because just today I was chatting with my friend SadieKate about big plans for LRRH. Who is coming? Shall we have another party? Shall we do a spa day on Sunday at The Kura Door (http://www.thekuradoor.com/)? :D I looooove The Kura Door.

sbctwin
03-07-2007, 05:01 PM
Yellow, I am envious of your Wine Country Century, yep, I am...I want to get out on the road...I sprained my right ankle a couple of weeks back and after riding my trainer this weekend, the stupid thing swelled back up. I promised DH I would stay off the bike all week, and it is killing me....

SadieKate
03-07-2007, 05:26 PM
Yes, will travel for a pedicure.:D

AuntieK
03-07-2007, 05:51 PM
Finally registered for the LRRH yesterday and ordered me one of the jerseys. I am really excited about the ride. I went to the bike swap on Saturday.

Hey! I was at the swap meet on Saturday, too! Maybe we saw each other and didn't even know it! :p

AuntieK
03-07-2007, 05:55 PM
Oh, and I will be at LRRH! Planning on the full 100 this year. :eek:

sulis
03-08-2007, 04:41 AM
I mailed in my LRRH registration. I'm aiming for the century. Let's pray the old knees will hold up.

Side note - I too was at the bike swap Saturday. Sorry I missed seeing you ladies. But I didn't find my dream commuter bike either so I guess it just wasn't meant to be. I'm going to try the bike collective tonight. And if they don't have anything used...then I'll feel better about buying new. :D

sbctwin
03-08-2007, 05:50 AM
so, any of you other ladies thinking of doing the ride before the marathon? Maybe we should find some time to get together for a short ride and meet each other so we have faces to put with names:) ...

jobob
03-08-2007, 06:12 AM
pops head up

Someone say spa?? I'm soooo in.

sulis
03-08-2007, 10:41 AM
so, any of you other ladies thinking of doing the ride before the marathon? Maybe we should find some time to get together for a short ride and meet each other so we have faces to put with names:) ...

I opted not to ride the SL Marathon bike ride. But I would be open for getting together for an informal UT TErs ride. When the weather warms up, I'll post where I'll be riding on a given day and anyone who wants to join me would be welcome. Perhaps others can do the same.

sbctwin
03-08-2007, 02:50 PM
Thanks Sulis, that would be great!!!

Lifesgreat
03-09-2007, 05:32 AM
But I would be open for getting together for an informal UT TErs ride. When the weather warms up, I'll post where I'll be riding on a given day and anyone who wants to join me would be welcome. Perhaps others can do the same.

Count me in!

CyclaSutra
04-01-2007, 10:28 PM
I'm heading down to Logan for the LRRH on June 2, bringing a young coworker who needs whuppin into shape. I'm planning to tow my Airstream down to the RV resort on Thursday and Friday nights, then hightailing it back home Saturday after the ride (work Sundays...)

Yellow was nice enough to show me to the Kura Door last time I was in town, and it was heavenly. She was also nice enough to rescue me from freezing in the Airstream after a window blew out, but that's another story for another time ... and she helped me name the 1967 camper Stella, and she's had nary a mishap since.

Anybody who wants s'mores, we'll have a campfire and s'mores....

(pic of me and my sis in San Fran after a hella road trip, but Yellow helped make it all better in Salt Lake...)

Lifesgreat
04-02-2007, 05:33 AM
I'm heading down to Logan for the LRRH on June 2, bringing a young coworker who needs whuppin into shape. I'm planning to tow my Airstream down to the RV resort on Thursday and Friday nights, then hightailing it back home Saturday after the ride (work Sundays...)

Hey CS:
H I J A C K !!

I have an Airstream too! I wish it were the size of yours as mine is very long. It is a 1979 Land Yacht (read: 31') It is GREAT for the family, though. It was a mess when we bought it and we have been fixing it up. I LOVE Airstreams! :D

CyclaSutra
04-02-2007, 06:09 AM
Woo hoo! Life would be totally great if you brought your toaster. We could have our own little convention and a bike rodeo on Friday night.

Come on, doesn't $20 sound a lot better than $70 for a room?

AuntieK
04-02-2007, 11:40 AM
Uh, uh, CS, no fair stealing my roomie!:p

sulis
04-11-2007, 04:34 AM
Was chatting with a gentleman in my spinning class last night. He is with BBTC and very involved in the preparations for LRRH. He told me that there are already more than 1200 ladies registered. That was the total that attended last year, even with the same day registrations. He is encouraging everyone to pre-register and even make arrangements for early packet pick up to avoid the madness on the day of the ride. So if you have been putting off registering I would recommend doing it. No cap was mentioned but I would not be surprised if next years ride has a cap.

Anyhow, I made a comment that with that many riders I was going to make sure to leave on the ride early so I could avoid the crowd. Turns out he is in charge of the first rest stop and immediately said he would make sure the rest stop was ready earlier than planned so anyone that wanted to leave early could. Those guys at BBTC sure do take great care of us!!

Trekhawk
04-11-2007, 07:34 AM
He is encouraging everyone to pre-register and even make arrangements for early packet pick up to avoid the madness on the day of the ride.

Sounds like a good idea. Last year it was a madhouse.

SadieKate
04-11-2007, 07:57 AM
2 years ago reg was easy. We picked up our packets Bingham's in Sandy on Thursday (I think). Last year, having reg picket only in Wellsville or Logan meant a huge number of riders had to check-in on the same day and there were no lines specific to the 100 mile route so we got stuck in line with everyone. We ended up behind at every rest stop and they'd run out of lunch by the time we got there -- and we weren't dawdling. I've been meaning to email the organizers but haven't had the chance.

There was no place this time to indicate if you were picking up your packet early, so I'm assuming that all the packets will be at the Wed night picket in Sugarhouse. Those of us coming from out of state may be asking for pick-up help.

SadieKate
04-11-2007, 08:02 AM
BTW, I'm trying to get a head count for Bubba's Bike Hauling Service.

Who needs their bikes hauled from Northern California? Bikes would have to be delivered to us in Davis by May 29. We might be able to do a Bay Area ride the previous weekend and you could hand off your bike then.

Estimated return date to California is June 6.

jobob
04-11-2007, 08:03 AM
From the website:

NEW THIS YEAR: "Born to be Wild" Party. Friday, June 1st in Wellsville at Bowery Park (Center Street & Main Street) from 5pm - 8pm. Registration pick up will also be available.

Trekhawk & I will be staying Friday night in Logan at the Crystal Inn, so hopefully we'll arrive in time to pick up our packets.

(ed. to add):

I think the plan is TH and I will be driving, and will be able to transport our own bikes (you OK with that still, TH?)

Veronica
04-11-2007, 08:31 AM
Have a grand time you guys. :) I'm going to give the Eastern Sierra Double a go that weekend. I'm a little behind where I was last year and I'd really like to get five this year.

V.

Trekhawk
04-11-2007, 08:40 AM
(ed. to add):

I think the plan is TH and I will be driving, and will be able to transport our own bikes (you OK with that still, TH?)

Yes Mam!!

jobob
04-11-2007, 09:09 AM
Road Trip !! :D

sulis
04-11-2007, 10:03 AM
2 years ago reg was easy. We picked up our packets Bingham's in Sandy on Thursday (I think).

They had packet pickup in Sandy last year as well...I am so sorry you missed it. It was indeed easier. He said last year was a mess because they had so many day of registrations - more than they ever anticipated.

They have packet pickup in Sugar House park on Wednesday and at the ride start on Friday evening. They usually just have a list of all riders and check you off as you pick up the stuff.

If anyone needs help with packet pickup, I'll be glad to grab a few extra when I grab mine the Wednesday before the ride - if they are allowing that. Just send me a PM or post a message and we will figure it out.

Jones
04-11-2007, 11:50 AM
I really want to do this ride. I have never done a century and I really need some goals to strive for otherwise I turn into a total slug. The drive to Utah looks a little daunting. I have to come up thru St. George, Utah has anyone ever been to that area? is the drive pretty? I think I would enjoy a long pretty drive but from my house all the way thru S. Neveda is flat desert with little else.
Jones

sulis
04-11-2007, 12:00 PM
I really want to do this ride. I have never done a century and I really need some goals to strive for otherwise I turn into a total slug. The drive to Utah looks a little daunting. I have to come up thru St. George, Utah has anyone ever been to that area? is the drive pretty? I think I would enjoy a long pretty drive but from my house all the way thru S. Neveda is flat desert with little else.
Jones

Las Vegas to St. George is indeed very boring. And it feels longer than it really is because of the lack of scenery. But southern Utah is gorgeous. Of course there are dry spells on any roadtrip where the scenery isn't so lovely.

It is an easy drive though, straight North on I-15. The exits are super easy to. The entrance is just opposite the exit. You can't get lost. Plenty of gas stations and hotels along the way. If you do drive, maybe you can turn it into a mutli day event and stop in Southern Utah to explore Zion's or something for a day.

LRRH is really a great group ride. I think if you made the drive, you wouldn't be dissappointed. I have seen several others from Calif. coming in for the ride. Maybe you can find out about carpooling with them?

SadieKate
04-11-2007, 03:58 PM
Uh, are the "several others from California" jobob, TrekHawk and me? Wrong end of the state for carpooling I'm afraid.

Anyone else that I can't remember?

Jones
04-11-2007, 04:08 PM
Someone to carpool with would be great, but with or without I just registered, so I'm in. I hope to get to meet all of you there.
I am all jittery with excitment now.
Jones

SadieKate
04-11-2007, 04:10 PM
As jobob would say, "Kewl."

Forgive me, I'm low of calories and a bit lightheaded.

jobob
04-11-2007, 04:15 PM
eat a cookie.

SadieKate
04-11-2007, 04:20 PM
A big hairy cosmic one? :p

Flybye
04-19-2007, 10:09 AM
Hi. I am SOOOOOOOO new to riding. I got hooked last year riding my DH's mountain bike everywhere for exercise (I have lost 50 pounds, yeah me, bye bye baby fat!!) because my foot got hurt. In January, I got my first road bike and I am addicted, fine line between a hobby and a mental illness (I can say that, I am a Social Worker :D ) Anyhow, I am up to 24 miles on my training and want to register for the LRRH ride in Utah. Do you know if I register for the 38 miler and want to do the 64 b/c I am feeling great that day and doing great, can I??? Are the T-shirts different for each ride? I wouldn't want to ride 64 miles and get a 38 mile shirt :rolleyes: How long did it take all of you to get to a 64 miler (or a 50 miler)?
Thanks - Cindy

AuntieK
04-19-2007, 10:38 AM
Hi Flybye,
LRRH is a lot of fun! I hope you'll join us.
As far as I know the t-shirts are the same for all the distances (they were last year). Also, I think that registering for a certain distance is just so the organizers can know what to expect as far as food goes (how much to have at each stop). I don't think it would be a big deal to go further than what you signed up to do.
BTW, I signed up for the 64 miler last year. It ended up really being almost 70 miles. The last few miles are a killer if you're not expecting them, so be forewarned.:) My ride time (not including food stops) was just under 4 hours.

Flybye
04-19-2007, 10:55 AM
How realistic is it to sign up for the 64 miler when my top ride now is 24? I could have gone further on this ride, but didn't.
Thanks!

sulis
04-19-2007, 11:30 AM
Hi Flybye

Welcome to TE. I think 64 is definitely doable. I rode the ULCER a few years ago as my first ever organized ride. I had not even trained and my max miled as probably 20 miles. I had no problem riding the half century...well I was a bit sore the next day. But with rest stops every 15 miles or so, there was time to get off the bike, stretch eat. If you find a trianing plan online and ride different mileage during the week, I think you will be fine for the metric by June 2nd. And remember, its a ride, not a race. You can take as long or as short as you want to to ride it. The fab guys at BBTC won't leave you out there alone on the course. You'll also probably end up riding with other ladies at your speed. Go ahead and register for the longer ride. Let that day determine how far you actually go. LRRH is a great first organized ride. :D

jobob
04-19-2007, 12:12 PM
Yep, what sulis said, you can certainly do the 64 miler if you start training now.

The key is to gradually increase the distance you ride over the next 6 weeks.

The general rule of thumb is to increase by about 10% or so each week. The other rule of thumb I've seen (where did they come up with that term anyhow?) is that if you can comfortably do about 75% of your target distance before the ride, you'll be fine. So you'll want to be able to do about 50 miles at one time by the end of May.

You say you're up to about 24 miles right now, so here's a sample plan (assuming you do your long ride on Saturday). It's not exactly a 10% increase per week but close enough.

4/21: 28 miles
4/28: 32 miles
5/05: 36 miles
5/12: 40 miles
5/19: 45 miles
5/26: 50 miles
6/2: LRRH :)

Also, during the rest of the week you should try to fit in two or three 5 mile rides (gradually increasing one or more of those to about 10 miles) so you don't do just one single long ride one day a week.

Hope this helps! - Jo.

SadieKate
04-19-2007, 12:26 PM
The other rule of thumb I've seen (where did they come up with that term anyhow?) . . . .

http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/307000.html

jobob
04-19-2007, 12:34 PM
Thank you dear. :cool:

Flybye
04-20-2007, 12:08 PM
hehehehe, here I am thinking that the post following yours with the link on it is more information about how to ease into the 10% per week and it is about "the rule of thumb" :D Oh, so funny.
Really, though, thanks for the chart with the weeks and amounts of rides. I have been riding TWO 24 mile rides per week and killing myself. Now that I know that it is okay to ride once, I should be in good shape.
I REALLY appreciate your advice.
I am so excited. I feel like a 6 year old on Christmas Eve - I hope this feeling stays with me the whole time, not just a newness thing.
I have registered for the ride and am now checking out hotels -
Thanks again, all of you!

SadieKate
04-20-2007, 12:17 PM
No, no, no! That is the length of your longest ride of the week.

Also, during the rest of the week you should try to fit in two or three 5 mile rides (gradually increasing one or more of those to about 10 miles) so you don't do just one single long ride one day a week.

OK, someone needs to find all those links we've posted over the years about weekly training plans. Short and fast rides vs long and slow, etc.

SadieKate
04-20-2007, 12:29 PM
Flybye, here is a sample 10 week training plan for a 100 mile century. Jo listed the longest ride for each of those weeks. Take the chart from this article, do some math and scale back for a metric (62 miles). You can amend the schedule down to 3 rides minimum a week. 4 is better.

http://www.kanbike.org/pages/training.php

The LRRH route is very flat but the home stretch can be a headwind all the way home. You need to spend time sitting on that bike. A good rule of thumb when training for such events is: train your legs if it's a hilly ride, train your butt if it's a flat ride. You need to spend time just sitting on that bike going for longer and longer rides.

You have plenty of time between now and then. On event days, your body will find a magical source of energy and take you farther than you expect, but the more training you can do, the more fun you will have on the ride. Be sure to taper the week before the LRRH.

SadieKate
04-20-2007, 12:31 PM
Hmm, I just noticed where you live (sorta). You could just ride the route backwards. The 100 milers do their extra mileage in Whydaho.

Where do you live? Hubby was born in St. Anthony.

jobob
04-20-2007, 01:05 PM
I have been riding TWO 24 mile rides per week and killing myself. Now that I know that it is okay to ride once, I should be in good shape.
I REALLY appreciate your advice

Err, except that wasn't really my advice.

Maybe I soft-pedaled the concept of doing more that one ride a week. I didn't say it was OK to only do just one ride per week.

I'll clarify: You really really really need to do more than one ride a week. If you're killing yourself right now doing two 24 mile rides per week, then you should consider doing three rides per week, one at the long distance, and two more at 5 to 10 miles.

You need to build up your stamina, and you'll really be doing yourself a disservice if you only do one ride per week.

sulis
05-21-2007, 05:17 AM
I'm sure those of you registered got the flier but incase it hasn't arrived yet, looks like the LRRH gang is planning a huge dinner bash at the Bowery Park in Wellsville on Friday June 1st. The dinner is free for riders. If I can find reasonably priced accomodations (hopefully free through friend of a friend of a friend) than I will be up there on Friday. Otherwise, I'll drive up early Saturday.

Lifesgreat
05-21-2007, 05:33 AM
I got the card in the mail last week. I like the wolf picture on it :eek:

Sounds like a lot of fun and I may even to the 15 mile Friday night ride. I will have to see what the others in my travelling group want to do.

Jones
05-25-2007, 11:18 AM
I got my postcard in the mail yesterday and plan on going to the park Friday night for packet pick up and free food. How many other TE women are going to the park friday? I would love to meet some fellow TEers. I will be traveling alone and am extremely shy so this whole trip has pushed me out of my comfort zone.

I was also hoping to get some advice on what to wear. What is the weather like there? Will it be okay to plan on wearing my short sleeve AV jersey or will it be to hot/cold? and last question does any one have the elevation profile for the hundred mile ride? Thanks, Jones

Tater
05-25-2007, 12:15 PM
I'll be at the park Friday night for packet pickup and of course, the food! :p

Jones, last year the weather wasn't bad at all; mid 60's at the start, low 80's towards midafternoon for temps, a bit of a breeze, partly cloudy skies. Looks like this year might be a touch cooler, if not about the same temperature-wise.

I am planning on shorts and AV jersey as well.

Kano
05-25-2007, 04:15 PM
Tater: HAVE FUN!

I wish I could be there, but I'll be watching my grandboys while my daughter and her husband have a well-earned weekend to themselves. This means, doggone it, that I'll miss one more SPIN ride too, but since I don't have any other obligations all weekend, I should have a fine time with them!

(Poor DH: Xander LOVES bike riding with him, they take their bikes and ride to the end of the block and back, and it takes almost an hour! The other day, it was as soon as DH got home from a long ride...) Hopefully, we'll have time to get out the trailer this visit!

Karen in Boise

SadieKate
05-25-2007, 07:11 PM
Cool! A whole herd of AV jerseys! Last year we started so late that sleeveless and shorts were all we needed. Year before, we wore shortsleeve and used armwarmers, undershirts and knee warmers, gradually just peeling off bits and pieces.

It depends.

There I go with that word again.

Depends, depends, depends.:)

eofelis
05-26-2007, 07:11 AM
I'll be coming to the LRRH ride!

I will be riding up with some other ladies from Grand Junction, CO on Friday.

I will ride the 62 mile as I have not been riding a lot so far this year.

AuntieK
05-26-2007, 07:15 PM
I'm not going to be able to come to LRRH after all this year. :(
I've got family obligations.
I'll miss you all, and wish you each a fabulous ride!

JenLeath
05-27-2007, 06:41 AM
I'll be there with a couple of friends. I am slowly creeping back up the mileage chart after some ITBS issues, so we will be doing the 38. It would be nice to meet some fellow TEer's. We will be there the night before as well, might not make it for the bash though. Good Luck all.

Jen L

Lifesgreat
05-27-2007, 01:49 PM
AK, you aren't going?? :(

I am riding the 70 mile option (advertised as a bit less, but after 65 miles, one does feel it :D ) and would like to know who else is going that distance?

I, too, will be at the park Friday night. Let's meet up!

Current forcast for next Saturday, right from the National Weather Service:

Friday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 89.

Friday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 51.

Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 92.

Flybye
05-27-2007, 04:18 PM
Okie Dokie, I have gone through the posts on Little Red for Saturday and come up with this list of all team estrogen ladies who are going. Feel free to cut and paste and add the # of miles that you are signed up for, whether you will be there Friday night, and where you are coming from.

Does anyone have a plan as to how we can meet up? Wear underpants on our heads or something amazing like that so we can recognize one another?!! Perhaps style our hair with chamois butter :D ?

1. sulis
2. life is great
3. jones
4. tater
5. surlypacer
6. sadiekate
7. jenleath
8. sbctwin
9. jobob
10. cyclasutra
11. trekhawk
12. flybye - 62 miler - will be there Friday night - from Idaho.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! Starting to get excited.:D :D :D :D :D

SadieKate
05-27-2007, 06:09 PM
Don't forget Miss Yellow!

Unfortunately, you're going to have to removed Jobob and TrekHawk from the list. TrekHawk's hubby had some kind of work committment come up (and she w/o computer right now) and Jobob had family affairs to deal with so she's had to scale back in a few places. Boo-hoo!

Yellow and I will probably be chauffered up from SLC by Bubba early in the morning. I'd like to get on the road a bit earlier than last year's disorganized start.

BikeDutchess
05-27-2007, 06:14 PM
13(?). BikeDutchess -- signed up for 68 miles but actual distance will depend on the status of my daughter's hip injury (she's riding with me too -- trying to get her healthy before then)

Flybye
05-28-2007, 06:15 AM
Thanks for the updates - I will keep them coming. Feel free to cut and paste this list and make changes to your name or add yourself.

If you would like to start earlier than the 8:00 (I am going off of memory here) time, let us know that as well.

1. sulis
2. life is great
3. jones
4. tater
5. surlypacer
6. sadiekate- there Sat am -from Salt Lake City, Utah.
7. jenleath
8. sbctwin
9. missyellow - there Sat am -from Salt Lake City, Utah.
10. cyclasutra
11. trekhawk
12. flybye - 62 M - there Friday - from Blackfoot, Idaho. Early start is great!
13. bikedutchess - 62 M (?)- from Utah

Tater
05-28-2007, 06:37 AM
I will also be hitting the road early this year, as last year was a zoo! Looks like it is going to be hotter too. Bummer.

1. sulis
2. life is great
3. jones
4. tater - 100 miles. Be there Friday, from Boise, Idaho.
5. surlypacer
7. jenleath
8. sbctwin
9. missyellow - there Sat am -from Salt Lake City, Utah.
10. cyclasutra
11. trekhawk
12. flybye - 62 M - there Friday - from Blackfoot, Idaho. Early start is great!

SadieKate
05-28-2007, 07:08 AM
flybye, look at post #3. Her name is yellow, just yellow.

Flybye
05-28-2007, 07:13 AM
Not mellow yellow or anything fancy like that? Sheesh :D Thanks! I will make the change.

Flybye
05-28-2007, 07:15 AM
1. sulis
2. life is great
3. jones
4. tater - 100 miles. there Fri, from Boise, Idaho. Early starter.
5. surlypacer
7. jenleath
8. sbctwin
9. yellow - there Sat am -from Salt Lake City, Utah.
10. cyclasutra
11. trekhawk
12. flybye - 62 M - there Fri - from Blackfoot, Idaho. Early starter.

CyclaSutra
05-28-2007, 08:03 AM
1. sulis
2. life is great
3. jones
5. surlypacer
7. jenleath
8. sbctwin
10. cyclasutra- Downgrading to metric; arriving late THursday night w/1 friend
11. trekhawk

Can't wait! Am gloriously out of shape after moving and too much work, but I'm in it for the scenery and the company!

I dunno how to recognize everybody at the mixer Friday night, but I'd recommend packet pick-up early if you can. Last year was a mess. I'd like to start at 7ish to beat the heat.

Shiraz
05-28-2007, 09:02 AM
Hey Ladies,
Have a great time. I don't get to ride this year. I am on call for the hospital and think it will be totally impossible to cover it. I am so sad I didn't realize until it was to late. I would love to meet all of you and see Yellow again. It sounds like a blast to get together. You will all have to come in September to Pocatello and ride the wine ride over Buckskin. It is beautiful. I will post the website soon.

Yeah! Another southeast Idaho gal!! Flyebye we are practically neighbors. I live in American Falls. We need to meet in Pocatello and ride together. I will send you a PM and we can chat. Welcome

SadieKate
05-28-2007, 09:10 AM
flybye, had your morning coffee yet? Same post that said jobob can't go said TrekHawk can't either. :D

Lifesgreat
05-28-2007, 09:20 AM
Current Weather Forecast:

Thursday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 47.

Friday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 88.

Friday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 49.

Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 91.

Saturday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 51.

1. sulis
2. lifesgreat-Metric (actually 70 miles), late Friday afternoon, Crystal Inn
3. jones
5. surlypacer
7. jenleath
8. sbctwin
11. trekhawk

Flybye
05-28-2007, 09:31 AM
SadieKate:o

HeYA!!!! I am not a coffee drinker, I like tea :D So what if I am a spazz minded woman - sometimes I worry myself a bit :( I will change that. Thanks for letting me know. The mind is a fickle thing after one has a few children. She comes and goes as she pleases!:eek:

Shiraz- Yeah, yeah and yeah!! A friend in Idaho - I would love to get together and ride. I have been riding alone- I did 40 miles and 50 miles alone. They were both milestone rides for me. I only had cows to celebrate with! This is my first year riding, so you will have to be easy on me. PM me and we can exchange emails. Is the wine ride for men and women? I have encouraging my DH to get a road bike and come with me.

Thanks!

Flybye
05-28-2007, 09:36 AM

1. sulis
3. jones
5. surlypacer
7. jenleath
8. sbctwin
11.flybye - 62 M - there Fri - from Blackfoot, Idaho. Early starter. Logan Inn.
12. bikedutchess - 62 M (?)- from Utah

Feel free to add to this or make changes.

BikeDutchess
05-28-2007, 10:09 AM
I think having the ride packet pick-up in SLC on Wednesday and in Wellsville on Friday will alleviate the Saturday morning craziness quite a bit this year. For some reason I was unable to do early pick-up last year (I can't remember if the locations just weren't convenient or the times or something) but definitely planning to do so this year (Wed in SLC because I can't make it to Wellsville until Sat a.m.).

Hope to see some of you SLC gals at the Wednesday training ride too!

sulis
05-28-2007, 10:29 AM
I am riding the Century - hopefully - that is the plan anyway. I am going to get out before the mass start. I will post a start time and location for anyone that wants to meet up and ride with me tomorrow.

I will be volunteering at the packet pick up on wednesday evening. If any of ye ladies are there, look for a tall brunette. Easy way to tell who I am is by my blue leather bracelet - I always were it.

Look forward to meeting you all.

Jones
05-28-2007, 12:49 PM
1. sulis
3. Jones-century, late Fri afternoon, Crystal Inn
5. surlypacer
7. jenleath
8. sbctwin
10. cyclasutra- Downgrading to metric; arriving late Thursday night w/1 friend

Easy way to tell who I am is by my blue leather bracelet - I always were it.

Maybe, to meet up at the park we could all wear a blue ribbon on our wrists or red or pink? Also does anyone know what vendors are going to be there? Maybe we could choose one to meet by and a time. I am traveling alone so am completely flexible. I am really looking forward to this ride. Jones.

Flybye
05-28-2007, 04:32 PM
1. sulis - 100 miles- Early starter.
5. surlypacer
7. jenleath
8. sbctwin
12. bikedutchess - 62 M (?)- from Utah - arriving Sat am.

How about we snag a blue bracelet or blue ribbon to wear as a bracelet as suggested by jones? I think that is a better idea than underpants on our head. I think I may have a rubber one lying around the house. Bracelet that is, not underpants :eek:

Now we just need a vendor or meeting place!

JenLeath
05-28-2007, 04:54 PM

1. sulis
3. jones
5. surlypacer
7. jenleath - 38 M Friday evening from SLC and Ogden me + 2 friends
8. sbctwin

Feel free to add to this or make changes.

I will be doing packet pick up Friday evening. I will wear a tan straw hat with a brim.

Jen L

sbctwin
05-28-2007, 06:25 PM
Well, I won't make the call on my distance until the ride and see how I do. I have been off a bike since last Wed. Just got back from an enjoyable birthday visit with my twin sister in Montana, but no bike riding because the weather was kinda yukky :( . Good visit with sis and that was the purpose. I was hoping for a century....Sulis, let me know when you are going up, please. Maybe I can follow you and Katy up? I want an early start also. I can't handle heat and will really need to hit the road early!!!

Alex
05-28-2007, 07:55 PM
Do a lot of riders start LRRH early?

Thanks.

Alex

sulis
05-29-2007, 04:52 AM
Registration opens at 7am on Saturday. (I'm leaving from my house in Sandy shortly after 5am)

So I will be there ready to ride at 7am...gotta enjoy a bit of the food.
I will meet whomever would like to ride at 7:15 in the least crowded area behind the vendor tents. I will pull out absolutely no later than 7:30.

I ride a red Specialized Allez with red and black handlebar tape. I have a blue helmet. I will try to remember to put on a TE temp tatoo somewhere on my person. Oooh, I know. I will not put my helmet on until the last minute. Look for me in this (I don't think there will be too many others there in something like this) http://www.sweatvac.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=SweatVac&Product_Code=WWS-WU&Category_Code=WWStubby

If you are definitely going to meet up with me, please be sure to PM me. I don't want to leave anyone behind.

To answer someones question, I don't know how many people start early. I didn't last year and ended up in the mass of 1000+ riders who don't really know the rules of the road. So I want to avoid that this year. Well that and I need all the time I can use to get through the ride.

Yeah LRRH is just a few days away. I am sooooo excited.

Flybye
05-29-2007, 08:26 AM
:eek:
I am great with directions, but can someone tell me how to get to the park in Wellsville? Maybe the name of a business that is on the park square so that I can mapquest this? I'd like to have a map to get there from my home and a map to get there from my hotel in Logan. I will have a lot on my mind and don't want to think any more than necessary ride day!!

Thanks -

Sulis - I will look for you behind the tents - now that sounds bad!!! Heehe. Don't wait past 7:30 for me though. I am a stunning tall brunette with an awesome body - oh, wait, I'd better not tell you that or you'll never recognize me :D I will try to post a picture or pm on to you. Cindy

SadieKate
05-29-2007, 08:36 AM
There is a map on the website under the ride info. Wellsville is little. It's easy to find. There are no businesses on the square, but the park is Bowery Park.

http://www.bbtc.net/

From last year's flyer for Logan:

South on SR-91 for 8 miles to SR-101
Turn right (west) go 1/2 mile
Park is on your left

Flybye
05-29-2007, 02:32 PM
There is a map on the website under the ride info. Wellsville is little. It's easy to find. There are no businesses on the square, but the park is Bowery Park.

http://www.bbtc.net/

From last year's flyer for Logan:

South on SR-91 for 8 miles to SR-101
Turn right (west) go 1/2 mile
Park is on your left

Thanks a million. I just downloaded the map. Do you know if you have to be present to win the bikes they are giving away at 7:50?

SadieKate
05-29-2007, 02:48 PM
I just checked. The big sign stuck on my forehead saying "LRRH Expert" has been removed.:D

Flybye
05-29-2007, 06:08 PM
Hehehe....I just checked and the sticker on my head still says green grass newbie. I can't read yet, so I still will be thinking of you, SadieKate, as an expert. One time there means expert, in my book!!!

I want to win a bike. Don't even think about winning it! Course, I never win anything. :(

I have new tubes, so watch out!
Totally changing the subject but the man at my LBS is late 50's and rides 300 miles per week WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

SadieKate
05-29-2007, 06:32 PM
Hey! I've been twice! So I know a whole lotta nuthin'.

Bubba just received his Madison High reunion invitation (Rexburg). He's even on the cover with the other Whydaho science club hotties (of 40 years ago).:p

Flybye
05-30-2007, 08:47 AM
My husband would like to know if there are any other men going to Little Red Riding Hood with their wives who would like to get away and fish with him for the morning while we ride.
He laughed and said "no thanks" when I offered him as a volunteer for ride stations. He even declined after I mentioned that there would be 1000+ women there in spandex. He really likes to fish! He also really knows where his eyes belong!!
PM us if you are interested. He is a great guy, 37 years old, pharmacist, fly fisher.

Thanks - Mrs. Flybye

SadieKate - Is this a 40 year reunion for Bubba, or just a Science gig? Science Hotties!!! Did you mention that he is from Ashton? Our family has a cabin in Island Park, just up the hill from Ashton. Does Bubba fish? Hint, hint :D Chris (my hottie) will get a day license for Utah to fish.

Tater
05-30-2007, 11:41 AM
Flybye- I'll mention your hubby wanting a fishing partner to Mr. Tater. He's not yet sure what he is doing while we are riding.

bicycle6228
05-30-2007, 12:24 PM
I'm dropping off my daughter (20) for the LRRH, then I'm riding to Bear Lake via Logan Canyon to visit a friend for an hour or so, then riding back that afternoon. It's ~80mi R/T with a beautiful climb. I'm old (50) and a bit slow perhaps (it's all relative, right?), but I usually don't stop (at all) on rides shorter than ~100 or so. I almost always ride alone, but I'm a bit nervous about local hostility to cyclists in view of the accident in Sardine Canyon earlier this month. Anybody looking for a nice ride while the ladies do their thing? I'm new to this group, so my sincere apologies if this is supposed to be a women's only forum. I think I signed up in such a way that users can reply to me through the forum. Thank You.

yellow
05-30-2007, 12:39 PM
I think having the ride packet pick-up in SLC on Wednesday and in Wellsville on Friday will alleviate the Saturday morning craziness quite a bit this year. For some reason I was unable to do early pick-up last year (I can't remember if the locations just weren't convenient or the times or something) but definitely planning to do so this year (Wed in SLC because I can't make it to Wellsville until Sat a.m.).

Hope to see some of you SLC gals at the Wednesday training ride too!

A little late to the flurry because I've been on the WHITE RIM! :D (report later)

I'm not riding this evening because I need a little break, but am planning on stopping by packet pickup at around 5:30 with my card and SadieKate's card in hand. Short, blonde, sassy, probably wearing light tan shorts and a blue or purple tee shirt.

JenLeath
05-30-2007, 12:39 PM
The two ladies I was going to ride with have just cancelled. If I do the ride, I will be there Saturday morning. Is anyone else doing the 38 miles?

Jen L

eofelis
05-30-2007, 01:08 PM
This will be my first time riding the LRRH.

I was planning on doing the 62, but I've ben riding so well lately that I'm going to consider the 100. I may decide it when I get to the split off for the 100.

The gals I'll be with are planning on getting on the road early.

I'd love to meet some TE ladies.

I'll be on a black Surly Pacer with a rear rack and black trunk bag. Not sure what I'll wear yet.

SadieKate
05-30-2007, 01:12 PM
For those of you trying to decide metric or 100, remember that the 100 milers have a 20 mile loop up into Idaho from the lunch stop. They go through Lewiston, UT (the lunch stop) twice, so it is very easy to do an 80 mile loop. If you decide 62 is too little, 100 is too big, 80 may be ju-ust right. Oh wait, wrong fairy tale.:p

Flybye
05-30-2007, 01:24 PM
Do a lot of riders start LRRH early?

Thanks.

Alex

Hi Alex. I don't want you to feel ignored and since no one has answered your post, I, the one who has never been to Little Red, will answer your question:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
My response:
I have no idea :D

Are you coming? Or is it going? If so, what ride are you doing? Or is it riding? Sheesh, sorry, too much caffeine.

Ask me anything, anytime!!

Flybye
05-30-2007, 01:27 PM
Flybye- I'll mention your hubby wanting a fishing partner to Mr. Tater. He's not yet sure what he is doing while we are riding.

Thanks.... Mr. Flybye would appreciate that. Maybe no spandex for Mr. Tater's eyes either, huh?? :D

Flybye
05-30-2007, 01:33 PM
To answer someones question, I don't know how many people start early. I didn't last year and ended up in the mass of 1000+ riders who don't really know the rules of the road. So I want to avoid that this year. Well that and I need all the time I can use to get through the ride.

Sheesh - just saw this one - wo0oppers!

Flybye
05-30-2007, 01:50 PM
Please change or update this....

1. sulis- 100 miles (am I right?) there Sat from Sandy - leaving early from least crowded area behind tents - will leave no later than 7:30. Red Specialized Allez with blue helmet. Wearing headgear :eek: from link on post 77.
3. jones
5. surlypacer - considering 100 miles, riding black surlypacer w/ rear rack and trunk bag.
6. sadiekate- there Sat am -from Salt Lake City, Utah. 100 miles.
7. jenleath - 38 M Friday evening from SLC?Ogden?
8. sbctwin - from SLC - trying for 100 miles
9. yellow - there Sat am -from Salt Lake City, Utah. Short blond and sassy in tan shorts and either blue or purple shirt.
11.flybye - 62 M - there Fri - from Blackfoot, Idaho. Early starter. Logan Inn. Riding red Giant OCR 2. Tall, brown hair in ponytails. Black shorts and either blue jersey or LRRH jersey.
13. alex

Jones
05-30-2007, 02:44 PM
[QUOTE=Jones;206449]
1. sulis
5. surlypacer
7. jenleath
8. sbctwin
/QUOTE]

I am packed and ready to drive, not sure about riding a hundred miles though. Ahyhoo, my plan is to spend Thursday night in St George, Utah and Friday and Saturday night at the Crystal Inn in Logan, Utah.

I will be in Wellsville on Friday but what time is completely unknown to me but, I will be wearing tan Bermuda shorts, blue Keens and a bright pink T-shirt. I am 42, brown hair, brown eyes and 25 lbs over weight(but I would like to loose 40lbs). Also I will put a thin light blue ribbon on my wrist. Hope to see some of you there.

Do any of you SLC women have any advice about what time I don't want to be on the I15 in SLC. If I plan on passing that area around 3pm on Friday will I avoid the rush hour traffic? Is there rush hour traffic? Thanks.

Sulis- I will pm you about starting early.

Jones

JenLeath
05-30-2007, 03:35 PM
Please change or update this....

1. sulis- 100 miles (am I right?) there Sat from Sandy - leaving early from least crowded area behind tents - will leave no later than 7:30. Red Specialized Allez with blue helmet. Wearing headgear :eek: from link on post 77.
3. jones
5. surlypacer - considering 100 miles, riding black surlypacer w/ rear rack and trunk bag.
6. sadiekate- there Sat am -from Salt Lake City, Utah. 100 miles.
7. jenleath - 37 M Saturday am from Ogden
9. yellow - there Sat am -from Salt Lake City, Utah. Short blond and sassy in tan shorts and either blue or purple shirt.
11.flybye - 62 M - there Fri - from Blackfoot, Idaho. Early starter. Logan Inn. Riding red Giant OCR 2. Tall, brown hair in ponytails. Black shorts and either blue jersey or LRRH jersey.
13. alex

I have a blue Giant OCR 3

Jen L

Lifesgreat
05-30-2007, 07:22 PM
Jones,

3pm shouldn't be too bad, I hope. The rush hour traffic that would affect us will be N of SLC, if there is any. That is about when I and the Mistress of Pain (my spin instructor) will be passing through SLC. We, too, are staying at the Crystal Inn. I will be wearing a light blue bead bracelet.

Hey SK, we need some AV t-shirts or something so we can find each other at pre-ride events. :D Like you need another clothing project :p

I am going to have to put on my eagle eyes to look at everyone's wrists. . .

I ride a charcoal Felt with a bumblebee saddle bag. Now I expect all of you to remember that :)

SadieKate
05-30-2007, 07:37 PM
Hey SK, we need some AV t-shirts or something so we can find each other at pre-ride events. :D Like you need another clothing project :p Ack!!!!!

Psst - I promise it will happen this time - YES, an AV jersey order.

You'll have to talk amongst yourselves until I get back from Utah. Drop dead order day is July 18 for a shipment the week of Sept 10. Velobambina has graciously agreed to take and reship this order.

Prices have gone up a couple dollars a jersey plus we don't get the 10% discount we got on the original order (which was because we took delivery after Oct 1). If no one cares, I can push the order back until Oct 1 to get the 10% but I'm guessing you want to do it earlier?

OK, I'll stop the thread hijack now. Maybe someone can resurrect the old threads so everyone will know what items are available.

Alex
05-30-2007, 08:04 PM
Flybye,

I am signed up to do the 100 mile route. I'm coming up with a friend on Friday night after work and we're staying at the Motel 6, which used to be some other hotel. We plan to start early. I will be on a black Felt F3C with DH's Rolf Vigor wheels. My friend will be on a black and pink Ruby. On Saturday, I'll probably be wearing my long sleeve Boure Team jersey and Shebeest shorts, but I might go with my pink s/s Ride Like a Girl jersey from Terry. :D

I picked up my packet tonight. The jerseys are very cool! I like the t-shirt, too.

Alex

yellow
05-30-2007, 08:46 PM
Flybye, I was wearing the tan shorts and blue T shirt at packet pickup today. I plan on wearing bike shorts and my AV jersey on ride day. :p I'll be hanging out with my buddy SadieKate. I'm sure you'll see us...you can't miss that jersey!

I'm doing the 100 mile. Gotta go to Whydaho.

sulis
05-31-2007, 04:18 AM
Ok I am completely offended - SBCTwin was the only one that said hi to me tonight at the packet pickup. Alex, yellow? No hello - I feel slighted. Ok, just kidding. I was crazy busy. But how smooth and easy was that packet pickup- right?

I looooove my jersey. I was feeling guilty about spending the money to get the LRRH jersey but am so in love with it.

Just a few stats I found out last night - there were over 1500 women pre-registered. So with late registration and day ofs they expect to easily soar past the 2,000 rider mark

The Orbea and Specialized being given away are gorgeous. I desperately need a new bike (my frame is too big for me) so if you ladies with your lovely bikes will all take pity allow me just to win either/or, I would thank you. ha ha ha :D

Alright, all you travelers. Drive safely and look forward to seeing you.

Oh and not to put a damper on the blue wrist band thingy - but the Huntsman Cancer Institute has given the blue rubbery wrist bands in the packets...so you may see lots of people wearing a blue rubber wrist band who have never heard of our glorious TE.

BikeDutchess
05-31-2007, 05:18 AM
Weather forecast for Wellsville on Saturday: sunny, low 50, high 82...sounds perfect!

Lifesgreat
05-31-2007, 05:25 AM
I will be in my AV jersey and hopefully out on the road early. Remember the bumblebee saddle bag! ;)

jobob
05-31-2007, 05:33 AM
Have a great time, everyone !

Sorry I can't be there, but with all the travelling I did in the last week or so, taking off again this weekend was just a bit much.

Hope y'all have photos to share. :)

Flybye
05-31-2007, 06:28 AM
Okay we have to come up with something else. No blue bracelets- I think that there is a mole from the Huntsmans Institiute on this thread :eek:
How about red? Can we make red work in a pinch?
That's the plan! Red bracelet.

I will also grab some poster board and write team estrogen on it and hang out like a chauffeur at the airport if I get the time.

Jobob- we will miss you- enjoy a little r&r.

What the heck is an AV jersey???????

Alex - welcome. There are several doing 100 miles.

Lot's to do today!!!!!

ljkl
05-31-2007, 07:07 AM
i'm riding, probably metric. my husbands serving lunch. i too, worked the early pick-up(handing out tee shirts). we are heading up from slc friday afternoon.

eofelis
05-31-2007, 07:51 AM
For those of you trying to decide metric or 100, remember that the 100 milers have a 20 mile loop up into Idaho from the lunch stop. They go through Lewiston, UT (the lunch stop) twice, so it is very easy to do an 80 mile loop. If you decide 62 is too little, 100 is too big, 80 may be ju-ust right. Oh wait, wrong fairy tale.:p

Thanks for this really great info. I went ahead and printed this out and will tuck it into my bike bag, just-in-case. Thanks! :)

Flybye
05-31-2007, 10:58 AM
Okiedokie - let's hope in my scatterbrained condition, I got all of the updates right. If I didn't, just copy the list, open a reply to the post, copy the list, and make the changes on the list and submit post.

I won't be able to make changes myself b/c I have lots to do to get ready to go. :D :D :D :D :D

We are wearing red on our wrists- bracelet, ponytail holder, ribbon, whatever works in a pinch.

I will have a BRIGHT ORANGE poster board sign somewhere with Team Estrogen written on it. Might tape it to a tree or something. I will bring it on Friday for the party and on Saturday as well.

We (or should I say I :p ) don't have to be present to win the bike. There are tickets in our registration packets and we can buy more tickets at the event.

I will see you there! I am so excited and chicken at the same time:D :o :confused:

1. sulis- 100 miles (am I right?) there Sat from Sandy - leaving early from least crowded area behind tents - will leave no later than 7:30. Red Specialized Allez with blue helmet. Wearing headgear from link on post 77.
2. lifesgreat-Metric (actually 70 miles), coming with Mistress of pain late Friday afternoon, Crystal Inn. will have bumblebee saddlebag.
3. jones - 100 miles, late Fri arrival, Crystal Inn, wearing blue leather bracelet. 42 brown hair and brown eyes.
6. sadiekate- there Sat am -from Salt Lake City, Utah. 100 miles. With yellow.
7. jenleath - 37 M Saturday am from Ogden, blue giant ocr 3, friday night sporting straw tan hat with brim.
9. yellow - there Sat am -from Salt Lake City, Utah. Short blond and sassy in av shorts, with saidekate.
12. bikedutchess - 68 -from Utah, with her daughter.
13. alex - 100 miles, coming with friend Friday night, staying at Motel 6, riding black Felt. Boure team or pink ride like a girl jersey.
14.ljkl - metric - from SLC, coming Friday.

JenLeath
05-31-2007, 01:20 PM
Is anyone camping? I decided to come up for the bash and sleep in my suv that night. I found a spot, but it would be nice to be near some fellow TE'ers. This is a new thing for me, I love to camp, but never slept in my car. :o

Jen

yellow
05-31-2007, 04:16 PM
Ok I am completely offended - SBCTwin was the only one that said hi to me tonight at the packet pickup. Alex, yellow? No hello - I feel slighted. Ok, just kidding. I was crazy busy. But how smooth and easy was that packet pickup- right?
I guess I missed that you would be working it. I just got my packets and ran off. Had the dogs in the car and needed to go pick up the rest of my gear from the White Rim trip at my friend's house. Yes, it was nice to be able to get everything yesterday and not deal with the madness Sat am.

Jen, I'm pretty sure CyclaSutra will be camping. She is a ton of fun to hang out with. Send her a PM!

Is anyone coming back to SLC to hang out after the ride? Or are you all going home? I'm thinking a trip to Red Rock or Squatters or something might be in order if anyone will be around!

Alex
05-31-2007, 04:22 PM
Sorry, Sulis. I didn't know you were working at check-in, or I would certainly have said hello. I was there about 8:30 and no one was in line! I zipped in and zipped out.

Alex

Trekhawk
06-01-2007, 09:49 AM
Have a great ride everyone. Im so disappointed that I had to cancel.:( Enjoy a drink or two for me and photos please.

sulis
06-01-2007, 12:03 PM
Sorry, Sulis. I didn't know you were working at check-in, or I would certainly have said hello. I was there about 8:30 and no one was in line! I zipped in and zipped out.

Alex

No worries yellow and Alex - I was only teasing. For all we know, I was the one that helped you! :cool:

sulis
06-01-2007, 12:06 PM
We (or should I say I :p ) don't have to be present to win the bike. There are tickets in our registration packets and we can buy more tickets at the event.

Wait! I'm confused. Didn't we take a unanimous vote in my head that I would win the bike?

yellow
06-01-2007, 04:42 PM
For all we know, I was the one that helped you! :cool:

Definitely not, unless you've aged about 30 years! (Not that aging is a bad thing, but the wonderful woman that helped me was most definitely not you!)

Oh! And if I win the bike we can discuss barter arrangements. :p

Jones
06-01-2007, 04:54 PM
I am sitting in the lobby of the Crystal Inn so I will make this brief. Went to packet pick up today in Wellsville, haven't been on the computer since Thursday so just found out when I got to Wellsville about the bracelet thing. Didn't see anyone even vaguely familier.

Sulis- I will try to find you in the AM. The most outlying tent seemed to be the LRRH boutique so I will look there. There is no need to reply to this message as I won't be able to check again until after the ride.

Hope to see many of you there.

Jones

PS sorry no spell check:)