PDA

View Full Version : New Sugoi RS Shorts

Veronica
06-09-2004, 11:31 AM
Last year I bought a bunch of Sugoi RS shorts knowing (thanks to Susan) that they were going to change the design.

I decided I needed another pair of shorts for an upcoming tour and so ordered a pair of the new design. Overall, so far I'm pretty happy with them.

I rode in the new pair to the pool - 13 miles. Swam and rode in an old pair home - 7 miles. Not very long rides either way, but I wasn't feeling motivated today. When I just sat down to the computer, I discovered that I have a hole in the old pair, I guess I'll be ordering more. :p

They changed out the chamois. It's now a little thicker and blue! The thickness isn't annoying or painful, but I'm aware of it. Hopefully it's just that it's different. Kind of like when I first get on the tandem or my mountain bike. It's not uncomfortable, just different. One thing I do really like about the chamois is there is no stitching where my butt connects to the saddle. The pad is made up of layers and I guess has been glued together. The outer layer is stitched to the shorts.

They're still ten panel shorts. But they have changed the stitching to make that more obvious. They also seem to have changed the material slightly. It seems more springy - which I like. But it's also more slippery.

Veronica

massbikebabe
06-10-2004, 10:31 AM
Veronica:

I have just worn Sugoi shorts for the first time this year and I really like them. I was a big Castelli fan for a long time but the price scared me away this year. I must note that I just got a real cheap pair of performance shorts and I am very impressed by the quality compared to the price...these may become my new favorites!

karen

Veronica
06-10-2004, 10:38 AM
I have a couple of pair of Castellis. And i loved them at first, but now they seem so sort of loose and I haven't lost weight.

V.

yogabear
07-22-2004, 10:39 AM
I just received my new pair of Sugoi RS shorts. I have never used a pair before, so I was interested to try them after a bike rep. I know told me Sugoi made a good chamois. My hubby ordered them for me on Team Estrogen (yay!). Previously, I only had experience with the various Pearl Izumi Ultrasensor shorts and some unisex and guys' Louis Garneau shorts.

These new RS are awesome! I love the fabric...It seems to transfer the moisture better...you dry so much quicker on the bike! I also liked the chamois design...It's so soft and doesn't feel like sandpaper on your female parts. I like the shape and design of the chamois. It's strange at first because the chamois doesn't feel like a diaper and cover everything in the front when you are standing. Once you sit down on the bike though, the chamois bends in the right place.

So far, so good, so I am hoping they will continue to work for me. I have noticed too that if I get out of the saddle a bit more than usual in the first 5 miles of my road ride, it's so much better on my front. Gee, it only took me 8 years to realize that...

Happy Ridin',

Lisa