PDA

View Full Version : To sell or not to sell?

snowtulip
02-06-2007, 03:14 PM
Hi Ladies,
Since I know you understand the attachment that forms between a gal and her bike, I thought I'd pose this question.

I have a Locomoto that I haven't used in a year, I've been thinking about selling the frame...but seem to be sentimentally attached, plus it's a frame that accomodates my short size.

I feel bad about not riding my bike and could apply the money to some upcoming travelling, but can't seem to commit to selling. The main reason I don't ride is I'm very attached to my custom hardtail and use that for everything including technical downhilling (what I normally would use the full suspension for).

Any advice, should I do it or will I regret it?

Thanks for the help!!!!

rocknrollgirl
02-06-2007, 03:20 PM
NOOOOO!!!! Don't do it!!!!

sorry, could not help it. You never, never know when you may want to ride her again. Procede with caution.

sbctwin
02-06-2007, 04:45 PM
I regret to this day getting rid of my Gitane and my first Trek mtb. If you have the room, and it isn't bothering anybody, keep it. What you would get monetary wise, you will loose in memories....

LBTC
02-06-2007, 08:43 PM
I agree with the other girls. Don't sell your baby! You never know when you'll want to ride her again. Full suspension, you just never know when you might *need* to ride her again....just need a bit of a sore back some time and there you'll be wishing for the plusher ride so you can keep going....

Hugs and butterflies,
~T~

VeloChick
02-07-2007, 07:05 AM
A wise lady once told me this - you can never have too many bicycles! Me thinks she is right. :)

tattiefritter
02-07-2007, 11:58 AM
Don't sell it. As someone who has a very expensive MotoLite gathering dust in the garage while I rekindle my love affair with my hardtail (I'm a hardtail girl at heart I think) I understand your guilt....

Sometimes it good just to blast on a full suspension, sometimes its good just to ride a different bike. Its good to have bikes that fit, especially when your a short arse and the hardtail is broken, a spare MTB that fits is always a good thing.

Mine will at least see the light of day again in spring when I put flat pedals back on my hardtail for "skills". Can't be doing with long rides on flats.

snowtulip
02-07-2007, 04:50 PM
Wow!!I'm glad I asked you all. My non bike friends thought I should sell it. So I am very glad I asked, thanks for the feedback. I do have plenty of room so I might as well keep this one in the stable.:p

I'm convinced, I'll keep it!!

Thanks everyone!:D

Brandi
02-11-2007, 07:26 AM
I was going to say that I thought about selling my full suspension giant after my dh built me a custom hard tail. I loved my first bike but my hard tail rocks. Until I had a scewer recall and couldn't ride it till the replacment came in a week later. I was so glad I had not sold my other bike. And when people come to visit they can use it too. My husband wishes he had a spare as well. Last month he's forks needed to be repaired...well it was going to be weeks to get it fixed. He ended up buying a new fork. Which are not cheap at all! He is still going to get the other set fixed. But if he had had a spare bike it would have been a lot less $$$$$.:D