PDA

View Full Version : Sorella's Spring Fling!

Pedal Wench
02-06-2007, 10:08 AM
Mark your calendars for March 9th, 2007! Join Atlanta's premier women's cycling club at the Park Bench Pub, 256 E. Paces Ferry Rd. NE Atlanta, GA 30305, to celebrate the return of spring and riding outside. (Daylight savings time starts the following Sunday!) Cover charge of $10 includes beer, snack food and fabulous door prizes. Proceeds go to biking related charities and Sorella Cycling*. Live entertainment by the Francisco Vidal Band for those who want to party through the night. Come help us welcome in the start of the cycling season! Bring your non-cycling friends and let them see just how much fun we cyclists can have! Men are welcome, of course! Helmets and Spandex not required. Party goes on regardless of rain or temperature. For more information, visit our website Sorella Cycling.

*Sorella Cycling's mission is to foster a supportive and open environment for women of all ages and abilities to ride their bicycles for fitness, recreation and racing. Our members are a group of talented women, both on and off our bicycles, who want to support and promote community in a women's cycling club. Our veteran riders and racers conduct women's cycling clinics including skills, safety, and maintenance and provide mentoring to our members. Members participate in several weekly group rides, frequent road and mountain bike races, and community service events.

Bad JuJu
02-19-2007, 09:54 AM
Sounds like fun--is this worth a drive up from Pensacola, FL (about 4-5 hours) in your opinion?

Pedal Wench
02-19-2007, 11:05 AM
well, if all-you-can drink beer for $10.00 is your thing, maybe. It's not a ride, it's just a get-together in a bar! A fun time if you're local, but probably not worth the drive, especially without a designated driver.;)

Bad JuJu
02-21-2007, 08:54 AM
Thanks for the headsup, PW--I guess I misread and thought there was a ride included. The beer, etc sound great, but yeah, I can get beer here and save myself the drive--AND have time for some cycling, too. :D