PDA

View Full Version : (Long and Less Long) Runs - 2/5 to 2/11

KSH
02-05-2007, 10:42 AM
I haven't run yet, but I figured I would start the thread. My tri coach (Mke Plumb- www.tripower.org- not an advertisement- just letting ya know if you are interested) gave me the following workout this week:

February 5 - 11

MONDAY
OFF

TUESDAY
swim workout #1B (2700 yards)
3 mile easy run

WEDNESDAY
Spin Class

THURSDAY
3 mile easy run

FRIDAY
swim workout #2B (3100 yards)

SATURDAY
25 mile ride (easy effort, road)
2 mile easy run (within 30 minutes of finishing ride)

SUNDAY
4 mile easy run. I might move this to Thursday, since I will probably ride a good 30-50 miles today. I can't pass up riding if the weather is good. I probably won't make a brick of it. Run first. Ride second.

yellow
02-05-2007, 03:52 PM
ahhhhhhhhh...I get tired just reading that, KSH!

I am NOT a triathlete, so my schedule is tame by comparison. In fact, I often don't even know what it is until I'm out doing it!

I ran 6.4 this am on the trail while the mud was still frozen. A little ice but not bad; I'd rather run on a little ice than on thawed mud. The ice on the sidewalk was much more dangerous: I fell on the ice on my sidewalk while bringing the trash can in when I got home. Scraped hand and oh-my-gawd-I-hope-no-one-saw-that are the only effects. :p

KSH
02-05-2007, 06:05 PM
ahhhhhhhhh...I get tired just reading that, KSH!

I am NOT a triathlete, so my schedule is tame by comparison. In fact, I often don't even know what it is until I'm out doing it!

I ran 6.4 this am on the trail while the mud was still frozen. A little ice but not bad; I'd rather run on a little ice than on thawed mud. The ice on the sidewalk was much more dangerous: I fell on the ice on my sidewalk while bringing the trash can in when I got home. Scraped hand and oh-my-gawd-I-hope-no-one-saw-that are the only effects. :p

Well, running 6.4 miles on a trail with some frozen mud is very impressive to me!

If there is anything resembling ice outside... or really cold weather for that matter... I am on the treadmill.

This Texas gal loves the heat! :D

KSH
02-06-2007, 11:03 AM
3.56 miles- 11 minute mile.

WOW! What a beatiful day in Dallas! The sun was just hot enough and the wind was just right. The high today is going to be 70!

Went outside at lunch and ran. I wish I could say my run was as *perfect* as the day. But I can't.

My side stitch popped up about 1/2 a mile into it. I spent the next 3 miles constantly pressing on it so I could continue to run. At times, it got bad enough that I had to walk to work it out.

On the upside: the pain in my side kept me distracted from thinking about my tight lower legs! HA!

alpinerabbit
02-06-2007, 11:13 AM
I did a sprint today :cool:
I forgot one strenght of contacts at home. So: train station to my house is 4 minutes walking or 2 minutes running. Arrive - run home - grab lenses - run back - catch next train to pool - all at a run and not even breaking much of a sweat.

I couldn't have done this a year ago so there.

Wahine
02-06-2007, 01:19 PM
LOL - congrats on the sprint workout alpine!! I really mean that, no sarcasm involved.

I just finished my first hill set in awhile. Went not too badly. It was imbedded in a 60 minute run, so I probably ran about 6 miles or a bit more. If I keep telling myself that I love hills, will it eventually come true? :p

rocknrollgirl
02-06-2007, 01:44 PM
Yo,
We did a double workout today, Run then ride

We did a hill workout 7 hill repeats, warm-up and cool down. Total 3 miles, then changed gear and did 10 miles of single track mt biking.

We get extra credit because it is 21 degrees outside, with 20 mph winds, windchill 5.....

YEE HAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now off for some dinner.....

Wahine
02-06-2007, 06:21 PM
Yo,
We did a double workout today, Run then ride

We did a hill workout 7 hill repeats, warm-up and cool down. Total 3 miles, then changed gear and did 10 miles of single track mt biking.

We get extra credit because it is 21 degrees outside, with 20 mph winds, windchill 5.....

YEE HAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now off for some dinner.....

RnR, that rocks!! Well done. Now I have to get my self up for a sit on the trainer. AAAAAAHHHHHHH!!

Kimmyt
02-06-2007, 06:26 PM
3 miles today on the dreadmill! Next to really annoying Loud Guy. I am really itching for an outdoor run, but missed my planned on last weekend due to the stomach flu.

It is so wrong that I suffered from extreme guilt for not running, when I could barely eat anything solid!

Hopefully this week I'll be back on with a planned 3 mile on Thursday and hopefully 4 miles on Saturday or Sunday morning.

Yay health!

KSH
02-06-2007, 07:03 PM
Alpine Rabbit- way to sprint it!

RnR- WOAH! That's impressive! I would have never left the house.

Wahine- When you love hills, let me know. Maybe that's the day I will love wind when I'm riding. :p

Kimmy- Annoying loud guy.... eh? Last week in my spin class, I was next to, "I really need a mint or some gum guy". Everything he breathed out... it stank so bad. YUCK. Great job on pounding out the miles on the dreadmill.

*RANT*

Here is my rant for the day... I can't believe these people who run on the treadmill... when it's 70 degrees and sunny outside. What the hell is wrong with them? I feel like dragging them all off, and making them go run outside with me.

Not to mention... I don't *get* runners who NEVER run outside... even when they can. I wonder if they could run outside if they had to.

yellow
02-06-2007, 07:43 PM
I can't believe these people who run on the treadmill... when it's 70 degrees and sunny outside. What the hell is wrong with them? I feel like dragging them all off, and making them go run outside with me.

Not to mention... I don't *get* runners who NEVER run outside... even when they can. I wonder if they could run outside if they had to.
I had a friend (more like an acquaintance) some time ago that NEVER ran "on the ground" as I called it except for her marathons. She did all her training on the dreadmill. She hated running on the roads (injury related) and, I think, was actually terrified of having people see her run (though it never seemed to bother her on marathon day). She was very fast and efficient, but obviously had some psychological problems with running on the ground. I'm sure she physically could have run outside more often, but her mind couldn't handle it. She was one of the strongest, most physically beautiful people I've known (she had such beautiful arms).

I think some people think running on the dreadmill is easier. They aren't the types that love to run outside for the experience of, well... running outside. I think it's just a totally different mindset. I'm sure people wonder why I stretch so much at the gym and not at home (I actually stretch a lot both places, but at the gym I don't have 2 dogs and 3 cats wanting to "help" me, so I generally stretch for a very long time when I'm there).

Wahine
02-06-2007, 08:32 PM
*RANT*

Here is my rant for the day... I can't believe these people who run on the treadmill... when it's 70 degrees and sunny outside. What the hell is wrong with them? I feel like dragging them all off, and making them go run outside with me.

I don't get the whole never running outside thing. I have known people, much like Yellow, who seem to have a mental block about it. I work with a lady now who never runs outside but will run for 50 min on the treadmill. She used to run outside. She said that everytime she runs outside she knocks her pelvis out of alignment due to the uneven ground. Well, I know a thing or two about this sort of thing and although I agree that she may not have the core strength to run outside right now, she could improve it and run outdoors again. Granted, she is already doing pilates at home. So then it leads me to believe that the Pilates isn't right for her or she needs to slowly wean off the treadmill. But really, that's likely more than she wants to deal with. She wants to burn the calories on the treadmill and do her pilates and away she goes.

Now, strictly biomechanically speaking, treadmill running is easier on some muscle groups, especially your calves. So people who have trouble with their lower legs can often tolerate the treadmill better. But I usually have my clients do this as a temporary measure, until we can get them back on the road, even if it's on a walk jog basis that's more walk than jog.

Well, that was a tad long winded. But then again, I usually tend to be that way.

rocknrollgirl
02-07-2007, 01:34 AM
Funny that you all are chatting about this, and I do not know if you will understand what I am going to say about training outside, but I will try.

When I mountain bike, I have this feeling like I am a 10 year old, flying along on my bike. Complete freedom. When I pass people walking on the trail, I think..wooo hooo, look at me on my bike.

But when I run on the trail, I feel this complete sense of power. Like a warrior princess, and when I pass people walking on the trail, I think, grrrhhh, look at me, I am a warrior princess,tough and invincible.

Now I do not run on a treadmill, I have not needed to, but I would imagine it would for me feel like a chore, and I think EVERY woman should feel more like a warrior princess.

I do not understand, in any way, on any level, why they would not run outside if the weather is fine and the sun is up.

Let your warrior princess free!!!!!!

Kimmyt
02-07-2007, 05:46 AM
Hmm I think I'll take a stab at this one too. While I would never (EVER) be cought dead on the dreadmill on a weekend, during the week I tend to run on one, even if Yes, the weather is decent and it is still light out (not now of course, since it is dark by the time I get out of work).

Why?

1) Ease of tracking miles and training for pace (i.e. try to keep my azzdragging to a minimum)
2) If I go home to change after work and run on the trail next to my house, I will never leave again. That's just the way it is. If I don't work out directly after work (my gym is in my company) then I won't do it after a full day of work.
3) The outdoor trail around where I work is wandery, short, and dissapears at times, making it annoying to run multiple laps on. I won't run on the roads around my workplace because I'm not yet comfortable running on roads with cars (it seems different on a bike... mostly I think I'm uncomfortable with how peds are supposed to run AGAINST the flow of traffic i think and that seems unnatural to cyclist me).

Now, at my old department building, we had a gorgeous 1/4 mile trail that ran around the place and wound through some woods and by creeks, and if I was running when I worked there, I would definitely hit that during lunchtime! But for right now, I have absolutely no desire to run on the 'trail' around my workplace.

So basically, I'm not a fan of the dreadmill, but I'll use it as a tool during the week, because I'm focused on a goal of running x distance or x time and it's not so much like torture, but more like an extension of work, and that's okay because on the weekends I get to play warrior princess (I like that!) on the trails near me. Well, if Warrior Princess can get passed by Old Dude regularly.

:)

K.

emily_in_nc
02-07-2007, 06:05 AM
I run on the treadmill on my lunch hour because the temperature is a controlled 68 degrees in our work gym, and I like to wear shorts and a tank top. Outside, it's often either too miserably hot/humid (I live in NC, after all) or cold, which would require bringing in all sorts of different clothes/layers to see what works. That just gets a bit too complicated when I only have an hour during my work day. The treadmill just simplifies it for me during the week. At home when the weather is nice, I will run on the trails after work (when it's light out) or on weekends, and I enjoy that, but the ground is uneven, and there are hills, so it's definitely a much harder workout than the treadmill, but definitely more interesting! When I want a more moderate, controlled workout in a predictable temperature, though, the treadmill provides that.

Just some rambling thoughts from this not really a runner person!

Emily

rocknrollgirl
02-07-2007, 06:36 AM
I know...I am sorry if I sounded like a treadmill snob. I am really lucky that it is light when I get home, and I have plenty of time to hit the trails. I do not have any great mt bike trails in the area, but we have some great trails for running.
I am an off road competitor, so I only train on the trails.

I did not mean to offend.....maybe it was my warrior princess coming out...

Ruth

KSH
02-07-2007, 06:54 AM
All very good comments... feedback and stories ladies! :)

RnR- I love the WARRIOR PRINCESS story! So cute and I understand what you mean. You feel so powerful covering the ground.. the distance... and running as the world sits by.

I want everyone to know... that even though it was my *rant*... I was kind of joking around too. To each their own really.

My boss at work never runs outside. He use to be a really awesome triathlete, but due to work hours, etc. he isn't anymore. But he does keep up with his running... and does so only on treadmills... he likes having a fan on him, a sweat towel nearby and a place to put his water.

Wahine
02-07-2007, 07:00 AM
I'm trying to figure out a way to download my warrior princess cry so you can all hear it. It's really something. Keeps the bears away I'll tell ya.:D :D

Just think Xena in battle and you'll have a good idea what it sounds like.

Bluetree
02-07-2007, 07:12 AM
No running for me this week. :(

On Saturday, I was lying on my side watching TV (Xterra, of all things) and got up in a funny way. I felt my back "snap" and proceeded to have some killer back spasms -- the day before my 10k race! Grrr..
Spent Superbowl Sunday with a massage therapist, he worked out a gigantic knot in my lower back.The stiffness is gone (thank goodness) but I'm still a bit sore. So no running until next week, except perhaps on the dreadmill. Fortunately, it's not so bad on the bike. I was able to do 2 hours both yesterday and today, without problems. And my swim drills, of course.

So frustrating.

Note to self: If a race is in no danger of selling out, do NOT pay your entry fee in advance! :mad:

KSH
02-07-2007, 02:15 PM

On Saturday, I was lying on my side watching TV (Xterra, of all things) and got up in a funny way. I felt my back "snap" and proceeded to have some killer back spasms -- the day before my 10k race! Grrr..
Spent Superbowl Sunday with a massage therapist, he worked out a gigantic knot in my lower back.The stiffness is gone (thank goodness) but I'm still a bit sore. So no running until next week, except perhaps on the dreadmill. Fortunately, it's not so bad on the bike. I was able to do 2 hours both yesterday and today, without problems. And my swim drills, of course.

So frustrating.

Note to self: If a race is in no danger of selling out, do NOT pay your entry fee in advance! :mad:

Awe Bluetree. Sorry to hear it! How frustrating. Make sure you rest and get your back in order, before pushing through a workout.

I hope you are back at 100% next week!

Wahine
02-07-2007, 02:32 PM

So frustrating.

I'm sorry to hear about your back. I hope you feel better soon.

This incident takes me back to your post about back pain with shooting pain to the legs. I would strongly suggest that when you are feeling better, you are going to want to start a focused core stability program. It would be best for you to start with supervision from a PT or take a one on one pilates program. If you have any questions PM me.

Bluetree
02-07-2007, 02:32 PM
Thanks K, Wahine

Don't worry... I'll be back next week adding to the TE Running Totals! :D

Wahine... that's EXACTLY what my coach told me! Now I need to find some more time to carve out somewhere... thanks goodness for Tivo.

emily_in_nc
02-07-2007, 03:18 PM
Was late getting to the (work) gym and had a meeting shortly thereafter so had to shorten my run - did 2.25 miles on the treadmill. On a positive note, when I first started running on the treadmill a few months ago, I was doing a 5.2 mph pace (very very slow), bumped it to 5.5 mph recently, and today 5.7 mph! My goal is a 10 minute mile, 6 mph. Don't really care if I ever get faster than that, but I'd just like to hit that goal. I know it's still slow compared to folks who run regularly, but I run only 1-2 times a week as cross training, so it's nice to see some improvement over time! :)

Emily

Deborajen
02-07-2007, 04:16 PM
I'm just catching up on the treadmill vs. outdoors discussion. Although I'd much rather run outside, the treadmill is o.k. once in awhile, too. Sometimes it's nice to zone out and watch a little t.v. while I run - just for a change. It's a little easier on the joints, too, since I usually run on pavement outdoors. One of the main things about the treadmill, though, is I have had it - completely had it - with slipping around on snow and ice. Over the weekend I fell on the ice. I wasn't running - just doing errands on my way home from the gym - and I slipped on an uneven icy surface outside my car and landed on my back and upper arm. When I sat up I thought I'd broken my arm. The pain was excruciating - it made me dizzy and queasy. I must have just really smacked my funny bone, though, because my pinky finger on that side was numb for awhile and then it woke up, and there is no swelling or discoloration on my arm and it has full motion. It's just a little sore to touch now. I hate ice! The treadmill beats that any day.

My long run will be Saturday or Sunday. Will probably do a short one tomorrow but stairs today.

Emily, that's a good pace. So many people at the gym get on the treadmill and turn up the speed too much - just to keep up - and they don't last. More isn't always better. Just keep doing what you're doing - you're making good progress.

Deb

runner2
02-07-2007, 04:55 PM
Hi runners,
It's great to hear all of you still try to keep running during this up and down season.
Only 15 miles for me last week on the trail, will try harder this week.
I am not sure about running in a ROOM, there is no wind on my face, no crispy clean frash air, and less adventure, and I feel much more proud about myself when I finish.

Tri Girl
02-07-2007, 07:01 PM
Interesting viewpoints on both running inside and out. I enjoyed reading them. I totally understand the convenience thing (kimmy), but I agree with and LOVE the warrior princes thing (RNR girl). I don't always feel like a warrior princess, but it sure does feel good to run outside- and outside is a definite boredom beater for me!!!

Sorry about your back, bluetree! Rest up!!!! :)

No running for me yet. My quad is still hurting... grrrrr... 4 weeks to the marathon and it looks like I may be walking it.... :eek: Oh well, a marathon is a marathon whether it's 5 hours or 7 (and it's not like I was going for a PR anyway).

KSH
02-08-2007, 07:00 AM
UGH.

I finally got sick. Sucks. It's not so bad that I can't get out of bed or anything... I just feel *off*. That and my nose is running.

So, going to rest today and see how I feel tomorrow.

I was scheduled for 3 miles... oh well.

emily_in_nc
02-08-2007, 08:52 AM
Emily, that's a good pace. So many people at the gym get on the treadmill and turn up the speed too much - just to keep up - and they don't last. More isn't always better. Just keep doing what you're doing - you're making good progress.

Thanks Deb - I appreciate the encouragement! As a complete non-runner until recently, I could never have started faster as I simply couldn't maintain a faster pace for more than a couple tenths of a mile. I have a plate and 4 pins in my right ilium from a cycling accident in 4/05, so I never dreamed I could run at all; consequently, this little bit of running I've been doing is quite a thrill for me! :)

Emily

alpinerabbit
02-08-2007, 11:44 AM
I did 4 intervals of 3 minutes yesterday, sort of "what I think would be race pace", i.e. really forceful out of my leg muscles running vs. "just dragging my feet along at a jog". I am sore today, but in the place "that guy from spin class who is obviously a triathlete" has a huge bulge in his thighs.
Gonna run again tomorrow.

rocknrollgirl
02-08-2007, 01:24 PM
Hi Ya,
We just got back from a recovery run, 3.5 miles...nice and easy. Cold and windy again today, but it was nice in the woods, and the company was great.

Thanks Honey!!!!

My warrior pricess was a little quiet today...oh and I learned something...

DO NOT SPIT IN TO THE WIND!!!! I spit in my own face. The DH just turned around and said...ewww,

I am such a spaz......

Maybe the W.P. was quiet because I shamed her by spitting on myself!!!!

tattiefritter
02-09-2007, 12:53 AM
Having decided to take two weeks off voluntarily from running I am now involuntarily laid up (don't think I can cycle either) as my ankle is in agony. Who knows what on earth I've done this time, its on the opposite side of the ankle to the sprain (which feels fine now) and hurts way more. I remember a cramping sensation in my achilles on Tuesday night and on Wednesday morning couldn't walk on my left ankle :confused:

Got an emergency appointment with my chiro this morning who told me that my left foot was completely stiff and the ankle joint not moving well. He'd freed it up a bit, it still hurts but at least I can put my left heel on the floor now. I've got a fun evening of putting my foot in a bucket of iced water drawing letters of the alphabet with my foot. Will be popping in again on Monday.

Good job we're well stocked up on wine!

Keep up the good work girls, your keeping my motivation for running going.:)

rocknrollgirl
02-09-2007, 01:30 AM
tattiefritter,
I am so sorry that you are hurt...it stinks. It is so frustrating when you are training and making progress and you get hurt.

I will send some ankle karma your way...wine...excellent choice for ankle.

Ruth

Wahine
02-09-2007, 06:42 AM
Hey TF - I'm sorry about your ankle. It really sucks to be injured.:( It sounds like you might have a posterior tibialis tendonitis or a subluxation of your subtalar joint. If it's the latter, the joint mobes from the chiro might do the trick. If it's the tendonitis, you might need some exercises, antiinflammatory treatment (aspirin, ultrasound) and you may benefit from a shoe insert. Ask your Chiro or a PT about these things.

I hope you're feeling better soon. I also support you choice of wine as a homeopathic treatment.;)

Kimmyt
02-09-2007, 08:26 AM
OK, 3.27 more miles (we'll estimate about 2.75 of that running albeit very slowly) to add in. My knee is starting to feel a bit budgy, so I will be very thankful to hit the nice gravel trail this weekend!

K.

Bluetree
02-09-2007, 09:34 AM
(((((Sorry to hear that TF!))))) :(

-- Blue, also on the DL

KSH
02-09-2007, 11:02 AM
Sorry to hear it Tattie. I hope your ankle feels better soon!

Tri Girl
02-09-2007, 03:40 PM
Oh Tattie- so sorry about your ankle. How frustrating!!!! :mad:
I hope you heal soon, girlie!!!! :)

Wahine
02-09-2007, 08:26 PM
Just checking in. I did a 3.3 mile run yesterday at a pretty nice pace. I'll be off for a 2 hour run tomorrow :eek: :eek:

Ironman training really is a lot like self flagellation.

alpinerabbit
02-10-2007, 07:02 AM
I did a brick today, if that's what it really was (too long for a first ? - wait - I did one in the gym 6 months ago). A bit of self-torture was involved.

40 km (2h) bike with some climbing (not too too cold, only the toes) and then 15 km run in 90 min. I had to wait for boyfriend to get ready for about 10 minutes in between (who said girls always take forever?).

I had only planned for 8 km run but I felt really good (much better starting off with some bike km in my legs, so all's warmed up, especially the cardiovascular system) so we went further.
Wahine: I can feel your suggestions working - I feel much more power coming from my leg muscles and am not dragging my feet along so much anymore. And I the above means I can cover 10 k in exactly an hour now.

All was fine, I was well-fed but my hips started hurting on the last 3-4 km... it's just this ache in the joints. I had to go shopping afterwards and was hobbling along... sitting here in front of screen cross legged on my chair makes it feel better (so likely a tendon issue rather than the joint itself).... also did some growth hormone doping (aka power nap - don't get me wrong).
I know it will go away in a day or two. I hope this won't limit me to 10 km (don't want to damage anything in there).

Kimmyt
02-10-2007, 07:37 AM
4 mile trail run today, managed to keep about a 10-min-mile pace. 23 degrees and sunny with little wind. Beautiful out! Tomorrow we're thinking of possibly doing another run, but nice and easy and with the camera so I can take pictures of the pretty ice formations on the creek. Will post if I remember to take snapshots!

K.

Wahine
02-10-2007, 12:39 PM
So I went out for my long run today. 2 hours and I only managed a little over 11 miles. Not a great pace but hey it was an LSD day with plenty of emphasis on the S part.

Everything started out OK. My calves were a little shot from the get go due to some intense rides and runs this week. But the hills around here!! You can't get away from them. I dressed knowing I would get warm on the hills, minimally layered. I was comfortable for the first hour. Then an easterly wind kicked up and it was coooooollllllddd! I had a wind breaker fleece vest on but my arms and legs got numb pretty quickly. I kept chugging away. By the time I was on my last 10 min all I could think about was Duck on Wheels' avatar - eek eek the hills.

DH had a smoothy ready for me when I got home. I love him so much. I took a hot shower and now I'm cozied under my down quilt, with my toque (wollen beanie for you non-Canadians) on, trying to stop shivering.

Well, it was tough, but it's over. Now I just have to ride 3.5 hours tomorrow. It's supposed to be miserable, so I guess I'll be watching Lord of the Rings on the trainer.

emily_in_nc
02-11-2007, 06:26 PM
Now I just have to ride 3.5 hours tomorrow. It's supposed to be miserable, so I guess I'll be watching Lord of the Rings on the trainer.

The word "just" should never be used in the same breath with the words "3.5 hours" and "trainer". :eek:

Congratulations on your long run - sounds miserable. What doesn't kill us, and all that. I hate being cold when I'm working out, though. :(

Emily

alpinerabbit
02-11-2007, 10:54 PM
eek, eek, Wahine... why did you not have a bath?
I should have too. I applied some "warming" lotion to my thighs which turned out to have a cooling effect... *shudder*

my hips are fine again and legs are better after 2 hrs recovery spinning :-P

Kimmyt
02-12-2007, 04:31 AM
OK never made it out of the house on Sunday so no pictures from the trail. Totals for the week= 10 miles give or take a few quarters of a mile.

K.

rocknrollgirl
02-12-2007, 05:16 AM
I did a miserable, hard brick on Saturday after a tough two hour ride. It will bring my total for the week up to about 9.5.

Ruth

Wahine
02-12-2007, 07:47 AM
eek, eek, Wahine... why did you not have a bath?
I should have too. I applied some "warming" lotion to my thighs which turned out to have a cooling effect... *shudder*

my hips are fine again and legs are better after 2 hrs recovery spinning :-P

I should have had a bath but the apartment we're in has a tiny hot water tank so it's next to impossible to get enough hot wter in the tub to cover you to any significant degree!! :mad: I have rectified this problem in the house we are building. Huge soaker tub with large mass solar heated water gizmo. Not super enviro, because of the water volume but apart from the set up cost, it's cheap - no money spent towards gas or electricity! We're also trying to find a way to legally set up a grey water cistern to reuse the water from the tub.

The warming/cooling lotion sounded like a lovely experience. :rolleyes:

Kimmyt
02-12-2007, 08:18 AM
I have that problem too. I've got a big soaker tub but a little tiny water heater. It fills maybe 1/3 of the way before turning ice cold.

I solved the problem by making The Boy get baths with me at all times.

It's cheaper than a new water heater, and more fun!! :p

Wahine
02-12-2007, 10:06 AM
I have that problem too. I've got a big soaker tub but a little tiny water heater. It fills maybe 1/3 of the way before turning ice cold.

I solved the problem by making The Boy get baths with me at all times.

It's cheaper than a new water heater, and more fun!! :p

My new tub is a two man Japanese style soaker....;) ;)