PDA

View Full Version : one of those nights......

hellosunshine
02-04-2007, 04:21 AM
2.30 am went to the bathroom,couldnt decide whether to stand up or sit down...........yes,had a good clear out,lasted 3 hrs so now shattered!

totally bloated now and bad bad gripes,drinking loads of water and had some cottage cheese and porridge,bland things,

convinced there is e coli in the house!!!!!so despite a very frosty day all the windows are open and ive dettol-ed every surface in sight (paranoid!!!!)thrown all dishcloths and fingers crossed.

do i eat fruit and veg today or stick to the bland things?had some bananas too.its sunday so chemists are shut so i cant get any of the replenishing thing like dyrolite or whatever its called.......

if i had a husband i guess he would have divorced me over my illness last night,horrid horrid!

mimitabby
02-04-2007, 06:01 AM
2.30 am went to the bathroom,couldnt decide whether to stand up or sit down...........yes,had a good clear out,lasted 3 hrs so now shattered!

totally bloated now and bad bad gripes,drinking loads of water and had some cottage cheese and porridge,bland things,

convinced there is e coli in the house!!!!!so despite a very frosty day all the windows are open and ive dettol-ed every surface in sight (paranoid!!!!)thrown all dishcloths and fingers crossed.

do i eat fruit and veg today or stick to the bland things?had some bananas too.its sunday so chemists are shut so i cant get any of the replenishing thing like dyrolite or whatever its called.......

if i had a husband i guess he would have divorced me over my illness last night,horrid horrid!

hey girl, husbands aren't supposed to divorce you when you're sick, they're supposed to helpyou.
My mother just had the same thing. Her doctor said only clear foods the next 24 hours (chicken broth, apple juice, tea, water) to get you rehydrated.
Then do the bland diet the next day.
Hate to tell you this, but your intestines are always full of E Coli, just not the bad kind. and i hope you don't have the bad kind either!
get well soon! drink lots of fluids!

KnottedYet
02-04-2007, 06:35 AM
stomach flu is running through the western U.S. right now (I think the east had it already). Starts with a headache/joints ache turns to nausea and gastro-intestinal distress. Seems to last about 3 days.

Pax
02-04-2007, 06:42 AM
Like Mimi said, bland food...rice, bananas, water, some juice, broth. Hope you feel better soon!

bmccasland
02-04-2007, 07:41 AM
Sunshine,
Hope you're feeling better. If you like it, you might want to add some yogurt to your diet for the next few days. You need the "flora" in it to help re-regulate your very unhappy intestinal system. I treat myself to the more expensive organic brands that actually lists the types of "active cultures" when I'm trying to get over my own unhappy tummy. At one time I was told the acedophilus (not quite sure the correct spelling) is the most important.

Kimmyt
02-04-2007, 02:10 PM
Oh honey, I hear ya!

I got hit with something this weekend, don't know what. First I thought it was food poisoning due to the severity. It hit, and it hit hard!

Started at work and I was running down halls to get to the WC, then when I headed home it got WORSE. I couldn't leave the bed, but every 30 minutes or so managed to drag my azz to the bathroom again. Passed out at 4:30pm clutching an empty bottle of gatorade.

I was SO glad that The Boy wasn't home this weekend, or he would have been totally disgusted. I actually had to do laundry around 8:30 that night! :eek: Well, managed to pull the sheets and fell asleep the rest of the night ontop of a towel... so sick...Escalated to a bad bad bad high fever and then mercifully broke by 11:30. Thought it was done but all weekend I was gone, couldn't eat hardly anything (even broth was too much). Today I'm starting to feel a bit back to normal, but... well at least I am able to keep the food down!

Feel better! Drink lots of liquids!

K.

chickwhorips
02-04-2007, 02:23 PM
i hope you feel better soon.

get lots of rest. i know its not fun being sick.

don't forgit the cold dishrag on forehead trick. not sure what it does, but it always makes me feel better.

Surlygirl
02-04-2007, 04:32 PM
stomach flu is running through the western U.S. right now (I think the east had it already). Starts with a headache/joints ache turns to nausea and gastro-intestinal distress. Seems to last about 3 days.

Nope, this is the east coast and this thing is bad. My mom got it first and she never gets sick. Then two of my boys had it Thursday night. I never went to bed, between changing sheets and taking care of kids puking. I was doing laundry at 3 am. My oldest son has it today and my husband is being sick as we speak. Seems to start with the heaves then the runs and then two days of just trying to recover. How do you disinfect a whole house?

hellosunshine
02-05-2007, 03:38 AM
well,my version is to wipe everything with a solution of detol and water,i mean kitchens,bathrooms,switches,handles,computer, telephone.....and really really vaccumed and all windows open,all pillows and douvets outside for a day,hot wash sheets.

BOING!!!BOING!!!!i went for a "pee " today and only pee came out,superb.xxxx to you all.

they say its good to have a good clear out-some people pay a fortune for it-I THINK NOT!!!!!

KnottedYet
02-05-2007, 07:55 AM
SKnot's had this bug (the gentler version) for a few days now. Home from school today, so I got to stay home from work. He's asleep.

Brandi
02-05-2007, 08:07 AM
Ok wait wait I have to ask and please excuse me if I am missing something. [" Stand up or sit down"]? Please explain this to me. I am a women I always sit unless in england they have some devise that allows women to stand and pee. Like I said forgive me for my stupidity.
Love detol by the way! brought a bunch back when i was down under a few years ago. Can't find it in the states!

Duck on Wheels
02-05-2007, 08:35 AM
Uhhhhm, I think the issue is deciding which urge is more urgent -- throw up or let loose. My usual solution is to sit, but keep bucket between my knees (the one we use for floor washing and that gets stowed right by the toilet).

mimitabby
02-05-2007, 08:44 AM
uhoh, now my mother is on the mend, her husband got it, he didn't really enjoy the superbowl, he was too busy running back and forth to the toilet. We went over there Saturday to give them food..
Now DH is feeling poorly... eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek
it's going around!

Brandi
02-05-2007, 09:02 AM
Uhhhhm, I think the issue is deciding which urge is more urgent -- throw up or let loose. My usual solution is to sit, but keep bucket between my knees (the one we use for floor washing and that gets stowed right by the toilet).
Ogh good! Thank you for clearing that up for me! Pleaaase don't send it my way! i am going on vacation in a week!

Surlygirl
02-05-2007, 09:11 AM
Yes it was near 0 degrees F this weekend but I opened all the windows in the house. I had too or succumb to toxic fumes. I'm on my second round of disinfecting everything.
My solution was to put a small childs chair in the bathroom with (the Pukey pot) on it and then they can sit on the regular pot and heave in the other one. Oh what fun. I need a vacation.

Get well everyone and wash those hands!

chickwhorips
02-05-2007, 10:08 AM
can ya'll keep that down there? i can't afford to get sick. i have surgery next week. gotta be healthy.

though this is one good thing about living in the middle of no where. mostly this stuff stays away.

RoadRaven
02-05-2007, 11:22 AM
I am having trouble loading the entire page of full posts, so excuse me if I am repeating something from the previous page.

STAY AWAY from dairy (and this includes cottage cheese).
When you have had a gut upset - diarrhea or vomiting - the "good bugs" in your gut have to repopulate themselves. If you have dairy (milk, cheese, butter, yoghurt etc) you can set this repopulation back significantly and even trigger more d or v.

After 24 hours or so you could start having a small ammount of live culture yoghurt - the ones the have biofidus and acidophulus - these are what your gut needs. You can also get acidophilus tablets.

Clear food is good advice, and then "plain" food includes dry bread/toast and crackers. Avoid fruit like kiwifruit and oranges as they are good for constipation and may not be particulalrly useful.

Trust you are well on the way to recovery now though

Dianyla
02-05-2007, 07:21 PM
Rice works really well to bulk your stools back up if you've been having diarrhea. I like to overcook it into an almost soupy consistency, and maybe add a little sugar and salt to it. It's almost like a dairy-free rice pudding.

hellosunshine
02-06-2007, 03:53 AM
NOW I AM BEING A NIGHTMARE!ive to jack my bike hrs up in feb so aim to do 18 this week,means i train regardless,and oddly even though its pouring out of me like soup i feel fine,so am eating well,inc dairy,BUT i now think if i cut that out and rested a day i might get on top of it,yes,on the way to get some acidophilis tablets.i thought dairy would be ok,also im vvvvvvvvv into dairy for my bones,but realistically a couple of days without wont shorten my lifespan.making sure i boil water before i drink it etc etc.

it could be worse,i could be a bird and have bird flu,at the moment they are destroying turkeys in some parts of GB due to this.is it in the USA???