PDA

View Full Version : The Mont's organised, anyone interested in FGP 12 Hour?

SnowMouse
06-06-2004, 05:38 PM
Anyone also wanting to do the FGP 12 Hour (http://www.fullgaspromotions.com.au/12hour.html) let me know, 'coz I'm interested in doing this one with a team also. It's 28 August and will be a good warm up for the 24 hour. :p

ausgirl
06-06-2004, 07:58 PM
Wow! That looks great! It's a shame we don't have anything for mountain biking where i live or else it would be great to give the sport a go! Oh well, i'll have to stick to the road. ;)

ausgirl
06-06-2004, 08:10 PM
Hey, this just occurred to me... Do you know where someone in Melbourne could look for a good second hand road bike, not too expensive? Thing is, I know you're a mountain biker, but i don't know Melbourne and my brother who's just moved there wants a cheap road bike for riding to work - he's not a cyclist, he just feels more comfortable on a road bike. I was going to visit and help him look for one, but that's not easy when i'm in Queensland and a poor broke uni student. So if you know of any stores or websites where he could start looking...that'd be great. I want him to do this because it's the only way he'll start exercising much again and drop those extra few kgs. And i know he'll love it! Thanks. :)

SnowMouse
06-06-2004, 10:29 PM
Check out BICYCLE RECYCLE, MOORABBIN, 67A SOUTH ROAD MOORABBIN VIC, 03 95558692. Otherwise the Trading post, I really can't help much beyond that, Sorry ausgirl.

ausgirl
06-07-2004, 01:55 AM
Thanks heaps! I'll tell him to check that out and maybe he'll find something. :D

roadiechick
06-08-2004, 10:52 PM
Maybe try this site ausgirl:

http://www.bicyclingaustralia.com/ba/classifieds/

seems to be updated quite frequently with new bikes/bits.

SnowMouse
06-09-2004, 01:44 AM
as No Eye Deers :)

Rego's in

I had to pay another $10 for everyone as I assume you will be camping Friday night, and they wanted the money on rego. If this isn't the case, let me know and I'll fix this up.

Chuckess
06-09-2004, 06:22 PM
Thanks captain! IOU $$$$ for the Mont.

I'm up for the 12 hour and I hereby dob in Special Agent 99 as team member 3.

Agent99
06-15-2004, 02:44 PM
12 hour sounds like a good idea. Thanks for dobbing me in Chuckess!
I joined a gym last night so I now have no excuse to be unfit or unprepared for the Mont!:eek: