PDA

View Full Version : Random Thoughts Whilst Treadmilling

yellow
01-29-2007, 06:55 PM
OK, to prevent a thread hijack, I'll start this one about what you think about whilst on the dreadmill.

I posted a funny list of musings from the AbbyQ newspaper here (http://forums.teamestrogen.com/showthread.php?t=13146). KSH followed it up with her list:

KSH's Random thoughts while running on the treadmill

~ Cover the display with the towel, so you can't see how far you have left to go. Gotta peak. Damn. Only, .50 out of 3 miles done? Crap. This is going to be a long run.

~ I should speed up.

~ I can't speed up. Dang cramp in my torso. WHY DO I GET ALL THESE FREAKING CRAMPS? WHY??? Rub it out. Rub it out. Rub it out. Breathe. Breathe. Breathe. Stay at the same slow speed.

~ I think I feel that chaffing under my arm again. I wore a shirt to stop that. Dang my arms are fat. I need to do some weights tonight. Fat and flabby arms.

~ I'm tired. My legs feel tired. Ugh. Suffering... this is suffering. Keep going. Don't stop.

~ OH! It's a good song... yea!

~ OH! It's a slow song... need to fast forward on my iPod (I listen to 2 hour DJ sets)... ****! *Ooopss! Said that outload!* Dang it. It went to the next track. OH well, find a new DJ set to listen to.

~ Yes! 1 mile left to go. WHOO-HOO! Speed up. Must speed up. I can do it. Must get this the hell over with. No cramps. Good. Keep it going girl... on your measly 6.0 till the end.

~ 3 miles! IT'S OVER!

~ Ouch, my knees hurt. I'm tired. Now, off to do the weights... to help my flabby arms some.

Mine don't really compete, but here are my typical musings (note that I don't have an iPod or anything, so I get natural sounds, and the treadmill is on the 2nd floor of the complex, overlooking the ice sheet):

I wonder if it's hard for the goalie to skate around with all that protective gear on? Does that kid wearing it weigh as much as the gear?

Wow, that guy has nice calves.

But my calves hurt. I hate this.

That guy has been on the stairmaster for at least an hour. He has really nice calves.

It's too hot in here. Where's my cabana boy?

I wonder what we'll have for dinner?

I wonder what the dogs are doing?

Why oh why am I running on this thing and not outside?

That guy has nice calves.

Adventure Girl
01-29-2007, 07:18 PM
WHEN...

WILL...

THIS...

END???????:mad:

Tri Girl
01-30-2007, 04:27 AM
Funny!!!!

Here's mine:

I can't BELIEVE I'm on the treadmill- look how slippery and icy and snowy it is outside

How much longer, how much longer, how much longer

I need a drink- but then I have to gracefully jump off then jump back on- I'll drink later

It's 700 degrees in here in the middle of winter- can't they buy a fan

I hate you, you gently rotating tread of doom

I'm done- thank goodness. Hope I don't see you for another month treadmill

I'm sure you're shocked by this statement, but I hate the treadmill. Whether it's 1, 3, or 5 miles- it kills me to have to resort to it. Only when the weather must keep me inside I'll do it.

I like yellow's random thoughts better- much more entertaining. Now, put that guy with nice calves in front of me and maybe I'll perk up a little. :)

KSH
01-30-2007, 06:04 AM
So, it looks like Yellow a CALF lover! :D

TriGirl- I hear the "how much longer".

Yea, the treadmills at my work gym are all screwed up and if you step off the belt, it says, "User not detected", and shuts the machine off. I try to restart it... and it will start... and then shut down again. It gets in this horibble cycle.

So, I have learned DO NOT STEP OFF THE BELT... FOR NOTHING!

That, or I have to stop my workout, log the miles/time and start over again. Ugh.

Kimmyt
01-30-2007, 10:12 AM
I haven't ran on the dreadmill in a week. I'm sure I'm going to have a huge SOC running through my head today!

This is my usual thought process:

(in the lockerroom)

-I wonder if anyone thinks I look silly putting this HRM strap on under my sports bra and then licking my fingers to wet the electrodes....
-i hate my hair, its too long and always gets in my way

(treadmill time)

-i hope one of the ones by the tvs is open
-please please please no cnn
-oh man, do i actually have to run next to someone?
-ok let's do this you can do this
-my ankles hurt
-oh man, please don't let barbiedoll-on-speed run next to me, i don't need to feel any worse than i do!
-i hate dr.phil
-ok, this isn't feeling too bad
-haha look at that dude about to have a heart attack because he's trying to run super fast
-how fast is he going anyway? can i run faster than that?
-ok jeez forget about it, just keep running your own pace
-has barbie been running longer than me?
-oh man i hate these mirrors... my thighs look squishy
-why does my face get so red?
-dr. phil thank god i can't hear your annoying voice... you are the jerry springer for yuppies
-oooh espn!
-oh man, i can't believe this is only mile 2
-should i slow down?
-i hate my hair
-so.... close...
-woops, i hope no one smelled that one that slipped by :eek:
-whew! done! haha that dude stopped just after i did, i bet he was trying to outrun me like i almost tried to outrun barbie

Pax
01-30-2007, 10:43 AM
My treadmill is in the spare bedroom so my train of thought goes something like this:

- Better throw the towel over the display so I can focus better.

- Good lord this is boring (peek under towel).

- Hmmm, I wonder if I can make the pasta to go with that leftover sauce tonight.

- (peek under towel)

- It is SO hot in here, am I flashing or is it really that hot in here.

- (peek under towel)

- Hmmm, still hot, all by my lonesome here...I don't really need to wear my shirt.

- (peek under towel)

- Wow, my bare boobies are jiggly (hee hee). :p

- (peek under towel)

- Bored now! If I get off now I'll come back later and finish. :rolleyes:

Offthegrid
01-30-2007, 01:04 PM
It's not fair that if I jog faster my workout won't be done sooner. (I sadly am going by time intervals at this point rather than distance.)

Why did that guy hog the fan?

Why can he run 4 miles/hour faster than me without any effort?

Did I remember to take the chicken out of the freezer?