PDA

View Full Version : Terry Susan B?

Biking Kitsune
06-04-2004, 12:52 PM
Does anyone here own a Susan B? How's the ride and the fit? I'm 5'4" and it looked like it had very nice geometry- wondering if its weight (24#) meant much to anyone- and what anyone who had one thought of theirs...

WileyGrrl
07-24-2004, 06:39 AM
I bought a Susan B a year or so ago, on sale, because I wanted a bike I could just jump on and twiddle around the neighborhood, which includes some dirt roads. I figured it would also make a good guest bike.

I'm happy with the Susan B for those intended purposes. It's fun to ride around nearby roads, and offers a relatively upright position for scoping out the neighborhood on casual rides. However, I don't know how good it would be for longer rides. As you noted, it's kind of heavy, and that same upright position could become uncomfortable after not too many miles, especially if you're used to drop bars, which I'm convinced really are better for longer rides once you've gotten accustomed to them.

As far as the bike's quality, it seems pretty good. I'm not crazy about the quick release collar around the seat post, and I'm replacing the Cite saddle because it's not terribly comfortable. Other than that, again, it's great for what I got it for, but I wouldn't want it to be my only bike.

Hope these comments are helpful.
--Wiley