PDA

View Full Version : Heart Rate Monitor

Dogmama
05-31-2004, 09:31 AM
Well, I'm ready to kick my second polar through the goal posts of life. Can't get a decent reading and when I do, it's wrong. Last one had the same problem. Worked for awhile, then went bananas.

Does anybody have a HRM that they can recommend?

Veronica
05-31-2004, 09:47 AM
Which Polar are using? I've had the 610 for about three years and the 710 for about 2 and a half - no problems with either. Could it be the chest sensor that's the problem?

V.

maryellen
05-31-2004, 10:13 AM
I've had two Polar HRMs (one was an upgrade) as well and can't say I'd recommend Polar to anyone. I use my HRM mostly for cardio at the gym and the Polar models are notorious for picking up cross signals.

But I do suggest that you return your Polar HRMs to Polar for repair. I did that with both of them and Polar repaired them at no charge even though they were out of warranty.

If nothing else, you'll have a backup HRM!

Veronica
05-31-2004, 11:38 AM
I never pick up anyone else's signal - not at the gym, not even on the tandem when we're both wearing a Polar. Ours are coded and once they have established capture with a receiver, you don't get any cross talk. I suspect that yours is not coded . All uncoded ones - not just Polar can pick up other peoples' signals.

Veronica

Dogmama
06-07-2004, 11:17 AM
What make of Polar do you have that is coded? Will an HRM say that it is coded when you buy it? I have all kinds of trouble with mine around telephone poles. Do you think having one that is coded would help?

Veronica
06-07-2004, 11:35 AM
I have a 610 and a 710. But I get the funky spike in my heart rate from telephone poles too. That's why it's nice to have one that talks to the computer because I can go in and edit out those kind of errors. I just do it as part of my analysis of my ride.

V.