PDA

View Full Version : Advance Planning, McKenzie River trail

Irulan
05-31-2004, 08:53 AM
Ok, gals, I'm going to be in Eugene Aug 5-8; my hubby is going to the regional National Ski Patrol Convention. I however will have my mtn bike and would love to hook up with some of the Oregon gals preferabely to do the Mckenzie River Trail, or for a tour of some of the local stuff... anything to keep me from getting too bored.

Just wondering who's out there and what you-all think

Penny/Irulan

ORBikeChick
05-31-2004, 06:32 PM
Hey Penny...I replied regarding this on another thread but not sure you'll see it there. I should be open on those dates...any call I get schedualed at the hospital I can just give away. I'd love to join you! I've never done the McKenzie River trail but know how beautiful it is down there so I know it will be a GREAT ride!

Sarah :cool:

Luann
06-02-2004, 01:43 PM
The only thing you might get bored of is stopping to take pictures of all of the water falls on the McKenzie. Growing up, my family used to camp at the the headwaters (Clear Lake) each summer. Since moving to the east from Oregon4 years ago, that is the area that I miss the most. You will have a wonderful time.

Luann

Irulan
06-02-2004, 01:52 PM
heh heh, you know me and my camera!!! What's an all day ride without photos!!!

irulan

Irulan
06-08-2004, 03:39 PM
this ride is definately happening that saturday, what is that, the 7th of August? I am also hooking up with a gf from Hood River, and maybe some other folks off my other mtb board... it may not be all girls is what I am trying to say.

The ride one way, shuttled is about 25 miles. I have heard that it's somewhat technical in spots. Maybe someone else can be more exact than me, but I am planning for the whole 25 miles.

more info here;
http://tinyurl.com/2xlkx

we can take a headcount if you want.

penny