PDA

View Full Version : Duathlon First Timer

Hillhugger
05-26-2004, 02:51 PM
Just wanted to share - I completed my first Duathlon last Sunday! 2.5K Run - 10K Bike - 2.5K Run. Short but good!

The first running portion was good, even though the trail was slippery from all the rain and pretty muddy. When I finished my first 2.5 K I felt like I could run on and on. The biking part was ok - there was just that one hill on the way back - that was darn steep! The second running portion was a bit harder - for me it is easier to run and bike then than the other way around.

But I finished and I'm happy about it. Now I'm looking forward for my first Tri coming Sunday! I'm sooo excited!

skibum
05-27-2004, 03:28 AM
Congratulations!!

I'm with you on the run following the bike. My legs feel like lead when starting up that second run. It's hard to make the muscles want to do their job again.

Good luck on your tri this Sunday and have fun!

ragbrai40
05-27-2004, 07:53 AM
Congrats! I just did my first one at the beginning of the month! Isn't it a great feeling of accomplishment?!

Woo Hoo - way to go!!!!:D

mitsuni
11-26-2004, 11:48 AM
Lead legs are normal, train through them ride 1-3 miles hard, then do your normal run workout, it isn't the ditance that matters it is just training your legs to change from one activity to another... also getting a tri geometry bike will also ease the transition - hang in ther and keep going!!!