PDA

View Full Version : Now this is makes my palms sweat just looking . . .

Susan126
01-18-2007, 06:13 AM
These guys are good and have great balance or they are just crazy! :eek:

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d167/Howler247/unknown04.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d167/Howler247/unknown03.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d167/Howler247/unknown02.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d167/Howler247/unknown01.jpg

mimitabby
01-18-2007, 06:16 AM
and hurts MY stomach to look. I was also thinking of where the photographer was. :eek:

rocknrollgirl
01-18-2007, 06:22 AM
YIKES

Are you sure the pics are real?

Pax
01-18-2007, 06:23 AM
Oh HELL no!!! :eek: That make me clench in very uncomfortable ways.

IFjane
01-18-2007, 06:40 AM
Susan - where were those pics taken? jeez!!!! Makes the butterflies in my tummy go crazy!

DeniseGoldberg
01-18-2007, 06:47 AM
Fabulous!

Although to be honest, I'd probably have trouble walking there, let alone even thinking of riding a bike.

--- Denise

mimitabby
01-18-2007, 06:53 AM
I could maybe crawl there...

Kalidurga
01-18-2007, 08:29 AM
These guys are good and have great balance or they are just crazy!

I think it's a little of both, just like with crazy bike messengers. But can you imagine the adrenalin rush?!!

telegirl
01-18-2007, 08:34 AM
They have awfully small parachutes.

I would not bike there on a dare
I would not bike there to save my hair
I would not bike there for some ham
I would not bike there, Sam I am.

That's just nuts. And not in a good way, like cyclocross.

Would you like to read about that adventure? http://www.hansrey.com/latestadventures.htm

SheFly
01-18-2007, 09:30 AM
That's just nuts. And not in a good way, like cyclocross.

Whaddya talkin' about? R U sayin that 'cross is nuts? Consider yourself nutty with the new bike purchase... :D

SheFly

p.s.
Those guys are CRAZY!

7rider
01-18-2007, 09:50 AM

I don't think I could even manage that! :eek:

spokewench
01-18-2007, 09:59 AM
If those pictures are real - that is just plain STUPID!

Even the greatest riders fall

telegirl
01-18-2007, 10:16 AM
Whaddya talkin' about? R U sayin that 'cross is nuts? Consider yourself nutty with the new bike purchase... :D

SheFly

p.s.
Those guys are CRAZY!

Of course cx is nuts, SheFly! But in a GOOD WAY! ;)

I was reading about their adventure on the web. The pictures are definitely real (they were in Ireland) and the group is an 'extreme adventure' group- But I think that this is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy beyond 'extreme'. In reading about this little trek, not only the pictures made me sick, but the fact that they wrote they had to 'jump over some gaps' really pushed me over the edge.....no pun intended.

Susan126
01-18-2007, 11:36 AM
Yes, this was in Ireland. A friend sent the pictures to me attached to email. I agree . . . beyond extreme! Jumping over gaps? Like Mimitabby said, Maybe I could crawl that ledge . . . Maybe . . . NOT!

mimitabby
01-18-2007, 11:39 AM
Yes, this was in Ireland. A friend sent the pictures to me attached to email. I agree . . . beyond extreme! Jumping over gaps? Like Mimitabby said, Maybe I could crawl that ledge . . . Maybe . . . NOT!

let me rephrase that. if somehow I was teleported there, just magically found myself on that ledge, i would spread myself across the flat surface and
belly to the ground creep towards safety!

MomOnBike
01-18-2007, 11:40 AM
I'm not one of those people with a fear of heights. No, I just have an overwhelming respect for high places.

I {ahem} would respect that "trail" far too much to go anywhere near it in real life.

It's respect, that's what it is, not fear. Really.

IFjane
01-18-2007, 11:43 AM
What MomOnBike said....really....(holding hand on nose to keep it from growing)

Trek420
01-18-2007, 12:13 PM

maybe...with a rope, belay system .... and parachutes and ....I'm not leading the crawl :cool: :eek:

Pax
01-18-2007, 12:29 PM
Actually without the bike, I'd sit on the edge and dangle my legs. It makes my SO nuts when we go hiking in the mountains...she always wants to tie a rope to me when I get too near the edge. :cool:

emily_in_nc
01-18-2007, 01:10 PM
Can we say "death wish"? Yes, I thought we could.

Sheeeeeesh!

~Emily

Thistle
01-18-2007, 01:57 PM
let me rephrase that. if somehow I was teleported there, just magically found myself on that ledge, i would spread myself across the flat surface and
belly to the ground creep towards safety!

yikes, me too .... this is seriously scary :eek: :eek:

BleeckerSt_Girl
01-18-2007, 04:15 PM
I wouldn't want to be one of their families or loved ones...it would make me very sad to know they were purposely toying with death just for a thrill.

LBTC
01-18-2007, 05:02 PM
As DH and I suspected it was the amazing and talented "no way" Hans Rey and fellow rider Steve Peat, as someone else posted, in Ireland

http://www.hansrey.com/latestadventures.htm

Stunned as I am about the trail, the cliffs, and the comment about jumping gaps, you really need to read about the pub crawl they did the night before! :eek: I wouldn't be able to walk a straight line!!

Hugs and butterflies,
~T~

Susan126
01-18-2007, 05:13 PM
It's confirmed they are crazy! Here's the paragraph from their web site journal that proves it:

Locals warned us of the upward drafts, that blow people off the cliffs - and sure enough the wind was picking up over night. We got an early start, and even the extra strong italian coffee I brewed couldn't clear our heads. Even though the conditions and weather were less than good, this was our one and only chance to ride the cliffs, so we did. It was a rad feeling to ride along the exposed edges and jump over some of the gaps. As time went on we started to feel more and more comfortable and daring. Shortly after we got done it started pouring rain, nonetheless we continued the trail on top of the cliffs, which was one of the more spectacular trails I have ridden. We followed it all the way to Hag's Head.

snowtulip
01-18-2007, 05:39 PM
When I saw this I thought it had to be Hans Rey, he is an absolutely amazing rider (and yes, crazy:eek: ). We had the opportunity to see him trials riding many years ago at Interbike, amazing. Also seen Steve Peat's downhill skills at World's a few years back. They've got skills, but yes, nature can over ride those skills at any time!

Tri Girl
01-18-2007, 06:25 PM
crazy, just crazy (shaking head in disbelief)....

knowing me, I'd be be-bopping along on the side of the cliff, and my pedal would hit the rock and throw me to my death... that's why I stick to trails at ground level.
It's almost hard to believe the pictures are real. Photoshop can do such cool things, but if they say they're that crazy/stupid to do that- then I believe them! :eek:

Mr. Bloom
01-19-2007, 02:33 AM
I would not bike there on a dare
I would not bike there to save my hair
I would not bike there for some ham
I would not bike there, Sam I am.

But would you do it with a bear?
Would you do it to get there?
You could do it, let's be fair!
You could do it, even there!

Would you do it with a swirl?
Would you do it for a pearl?
You Could Do It Telegirl!
Bet you'd do it with a twirl!

lph
01-19-2007, 02:38 AM
I'm a climber and I LIKE heights. But those pictures made even me feel very, very queasy... :eek:

annie
01-20-2007, 08:09 PM
[QUOTE=Susan126;162571]These guys are good and have great balance or they are just crazy! :eek:

Yes, they are crazy. Period. No discussion. :rolleyes: :D :confused:

annie

sarahkonamojo
01-22-2007, 04:47 PM
The landscape is beautiful. I try not to look at the bikes...

I would never, never want to find myself there on my bike. I was imagining hiking it until I read about the updrafts. Yikes!

sarah

iFKA
01-23-2007, 02:37 AM
what a feeling just looking at the pictures... I scrolled down the pictures and with other hand I grabbed a chair firmly and felt little dizzy just by looking at it. Never had that feeling before. I'm afraid of heights but I try to overcome my fears... I'm planing to jump with parachute this spring. But on much safer area, not even near mountain edges and in tandem (me and a trainer with on parachute). I would NEVER come near that edge, even if they put a fence

trail_mommy
02-02-2007, 10:30 PM
Dh posts on mtbr and showed me this series of pics yesterday and ummm holy crap are they DUMB. That is pure insanity...just nuts....I mean that ledge could just break off:eek:

singletrackmind
02-04-2007, 06:05 PM
Call me crazy, but I like a trail to have a little better flow, and none under it.:D

withm
03-18-2007, 05:45 AM
Here is a new twist on that first photo... A little You-tube video about an amazing mountain UNI-CYCLIST. Wonder how many trips to the ER he had before he could do this?

http://funzu.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=611&Itemid=31

Susan126
03-18-2007, 09:10 AM
My husband was in the room when I opened this link and his comment was, "Do these guys have a death wish or what???!!!!"

It's amazing to watch and I sometime wonder how they got started doing this stuff? What possessed them? :confused:

HipGnosis6
03-18-2007, 12:52 PM
Here is a new twist on that first photo... A little You-tube video about an amazing mountain UNI-CYCLIST. Wonder how many trips to the ER he had before he could do this?

http://funzu.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=611&Itemid=31

Oh my. I think I'll take up extreme pogo.

IntenseRide
03-29-2007, 06:53 PM
That is definitely Hans Rey! Those pics are from Ireland (The Cliffs of Moher). Here's the pic of the guy holding the camera taking one of the pictures, which makes me realize what a whimp I am (and always will be)!

Susan126
03-30-2007, 06:30 AM
Are the front wheels even on the ground????!!!!! :eek: Is he popping a wheelie? Eeeeee GADS! You would see finger imprints in the solid rock if I were on that cliff! My palms are sweating just looking at that picture!