PDA

View Full Version : Floor pumps

Nancy
05-22-2004, 04:14 PM
Greetings!
I am in the market for a new pump. I understand that a floor pump makes it much easier to achieve the necessary pressure, but does anyone have a specific recommendation. I'm the first to admit that I don't have much upper body strength, but I'm tired of carrying and using up all those CO2 cartridges.
I've heard great comments about the Topeak Morph pumps, but I'm guessing a floor pump would be even easier for pre-ride pumping up.
Thanks!
Nancy (who managed a 38 mile ride in 41 degrees with constant rain this morning, and still enjoyed it!)

jobob
05-22-2004, 04:51 PM
I have a Topeak JoeBlow Sport pump that I like a lot. It works for both presta and Schrader valves via a 2 sided valve fitting, and I find it very easy to get on and off the valve. And the day-glo yellow makes it very easy to spot in the dark recesses of my garage. :cool:

Dogmama
05-22-2004, 07:58 PM
I have a Serfas Airbones. Here's a trick about getting the last 5-10 pound of air in: pulse it in rather than trying to slam it in. I usually lean on the handle & pulse with my weight. I know, sounds weird, looks weird, but I'm weird, so what?

ausgirl
06-01-2004, 04:49 PM
Floor pumps are great! Silca make really good pumps and while they cost a little to start with - I think I paid AUD$70 which is probably similar to USD$50, they are worth it. I know some people who have had theirs for nearly 10 years and still going strong.

maryellen
06-01-2004, 06:24 PM
got to make a pitch for the Topeak Road Morph pump. The floor peg makes an incredible difference, and the built in gauge is very handy. Yeah, it's nice to have a floor pump as well, but if you want to purchase just one pump, go for this one.

Deanna
06-04-2004, 12:55 PM
I'll have to second ausgirl's recommendation. My husband has had his Silca floor pump for about 15 years. We've had to change the gasket once or twice, but it keeps on pumping. It too can be used on both Presta and Schrader by reveresing the gasket.

Nancy
06-11-2004, 05:04 PM
Thanks to all for replying. I am now the happy owner of both a Road Morph and a Joe Blow Sport. I love 'em both! Even a shorty with next to no upper body strength can be ready to roll in no time with both of these!
BTW, my apologies for taking to long to say thanks. Every time I would try to sign in and reply, I kept getting kicked out of the system. This is the first chance I've had to spend time trying to make it work.
Nancy