PDA

View Full Version : Red Hook Ride Feb 17 or 18?

KnottedYet
01-08-2007, 07:39 PM
Trek will be here. If the weather is good and if we can get her on a bike that fits, would anyone be interested in a Red Hook Ride; Log Boom to Red Hook like the last one? If the weather is nasty (or bike fit fails) how about meeting at Red Hook for lunch?

salsabike
01-08-2007, 09:20 PM
Trek will be here. If the weather is good and if we can get her on a bike that fits, would anyone be interested in a Red Hook Ride; Log Boom to Red Hook like the last one? If the weather is nasty (or bike fit fails) how about meeting at Red Hook for lunch?

Soitenly! Looking forward to meeting her.

KnottedYet
01-08-2007, 09:28 PM
Oh, I forgot the 19th, lots of folks have that off. Will that work better for anyone? Weather willing, of course...

Susan126
01-09-2007, 06:24 AM
Log Boom Park in Kenmore to Red Hook Brewery in Woodinville . . . I have never been on a ride so far north . . . maybe I will try and make it! Weather permitting! And the 19th would be better because yes, I am off for Presidents' Day!

mimitabby
01-09-2007, 07:21 AM
president's day is not a holiday at the big B where i work. We will be deep in the thralls of a test that is behind schedule because of the snowstorms we're expecting THIS WEEK.

I doubt that i can get that day off, so i am hoping you pick saturday or sunday for the ride.

KnottedYet
01-20-2007, 01:48 PM
Here's what we're looking at:

Saturday, February 17th, afternoon, maybe 1:30 or 2:00-ish (late lunch, early dinner)

Log Boom to Red Hook ride, eat at Red Hook, ride back to Log Boom
**or**
Meet at Red Hook for late lunch/early dinner

Trek gets in very late Friday night, hence the mid-afternoon ride/eat.

mimitabby
01-20-2007, 01:52 PM
I'm in!
Must ask, are men invited?
(we don't have to invite the men, but..)

Trek420
01-20-2007, 05:34 PM
soitenly! :D

Eden
01-20-2007, 05:53 PM
I have a team ride that day and its a long one so I probably would not be able to participate (If I got back to Marymoor park in time I might be able to go meet you all at Redhook and ride back with you - but we've got a 70 miler scheduled for that day so it would be close), but what I can do is maybe hook you up with a bike for Trek to ride. I seem to recall from another thread that Trek is petite? I have a 44cm Fuji Provence that I'm happy to loan out. (you can check out the geometry here http://www.fujibikes.com/2005/bikes.asp?id=15) I also have an extremely adaptable Marin Larkspur - but its an upright city/commuter style bike (and its heavy!).

Trek420
01-20-2007, 06:15 PM
Eden, thanks!

Wow, I found someone with a bike that might be small for even me :D

Yes, I am "verticaly challenged", I take around a 47 cm.

Eden
01-20-2007, 06:25 PM
A 47cm with 650's or 700's? My 650 wheeled bike is a 47cm - the Fuji is a 700c - their basic geometry is suprisingly similar. Yes, I am finding that perhaps I have too many bikes..... and to think a year and 1/2 ago I only had one.

If you would like to use it, its got a Terry (liberator? maybe, its not marked, but its got a cutout) saddle and I can put either shimano spd or crank bros candies on it - or feel free to bring your own - cause I know how important a comfy saddle and the right pedals can be.

HipGnosis6
01-20-2007, 06:35 PM
Well, it's going to be a while... possibly a long while... before I get to get back on my bike since the dressings on my right leg let me walk but don't really offer enough range of motion for cycling. (And there's no way I can get my Sidis on!) BUT.... I'd love to come out to meet you all for lunch or whatnot at Redhook. Maybe something can be arranged to that extent, yes?

Trek420
01-20-2007, 06:36 PM
A 47cm with 650's or 700's? My 650 wheeled bike is a 47cm - the Fuji is a 700c - their basic geometry is suprisingly similar. Yes, I am finding that perhaps I have too many bikes..... and to think a year and 1/2 ago I only had one.

If you would like to use it, its got a Terry (liberator? maybe, its not marked, but its got a cutout) saddle and I can put either shimano spd or crank bros candies on it - or feel free to bring your own - cause I know how important a comfy saddle and the right pedals can be.

Yes, at night they multiply. ;) :rolleyes: :cool: started with one...now have 3...

You gals are too cool, plus I think Mimitaby has plans to lure me to try a bike with a Brooks.

That could be dangerous since my LBS has em and I don't like my commutermbile saddle....

salsabike
01-20-2007, 06:50 PM
Okay, you all, it's in my calendar for the 17th, early/mid-afternoon. We are on!

mimitabby
01-20-2007, 07:05 PM
:)
I am fairly certain that Trek will do fine on my Raleigh.

KnottedYet
01-20-2007, 07:28 PM
Absolutely, Hip!

Trek420
01-20-2007, 07:40 PM
gues I'd better train :p

mimitabby
01-20-2007, 08:12 PM
yeah right. By training, do you mean, breathe in and breathe out? then you'd better start now.

East Hill
01-21-2007, 06:27 AM
Unfortunately, this is one I can't make. Definitely too late in the day for me, and yes, I will have been at work, and will get to go to work that same evening.

:mad:

On the other hand, I did manage to get all the way to the end of Big Soos Creek yesterday. Hurrah!

East Hill

mimitabby
01-21-2007, 06:35 AM
be careful out there
A guy in our bike club that lives way up north (bellingham) fell and broke his hip and femur on black ice yesterday! He had hopes of going to France to ride in the PBP Paris Brest Paris 1200 km ride. Now he has hopes of riding in 8-12 weeks.
He's an extra cautious guy but he was in training for the PBP... more will be revealed. Fortunately our ice days are behind us for now.

Susan126
01-21-2007, 07:01 AM
Yes, at night they multiply. ;) :rolleyes: :cool: started with one...now have 3...

You gals are too cool, plus I think Mimitaby has plans to lure me to try a bike with a Brooks.

That could be dangerous since my LBS has em and I don't like my commutermbile saddle....

You can never own enough bikes! :D I would love to buy a fitted (head to toe) Rodriguez Bike! In fact when my two lovely children gradute from college (son June 2008 and daughter 2009) I am definitely in the market for one! But I do love my trusty old "RED" which is a 2002 wsd trek 2200. We have been in many rides together over the past 4 years! My bike before Red was a beautiful silver Schwinn Voyageur II which was stolen during my off years of cycling (raising the kids years). And before the Voyageur II I briefly owned a used Raleigh, which I sold to buy the Schwinn. Besides Red I own my mountain bike, which is also a trek, it's a 2005 trek fuel EX7 wsd. And there's my old Schwinn hardtail hanging honorably in my garage. OH . . . I did own two other bikes which I gave away. One to my friend and one to my son off to college. These were "starter" bikes. After a long time off the saddle, because of kids and other things and the loose of my Voyageur I didn't know if I wanted to put the money into another good bike. Bought them at garage sales and finally decided I wanted a good bike and bought RED.

East Hill
01-21-2007, 07:30 AM
be careful out there...Fortunately our ice days are behind us for now.

BSC was actually quite good. Amazing how one day can melt that ice and snow. There was one slick spot, which I avoided by using my mountain bike as a real off road vehicle! (you aren't supposed to ride bikes on the horse trail at BSC).

A lot of walkers/runners out yesterday, getting their fix in. Not too many cyclists though.

Today I am going to Sumner, and hit the Tacoma Orchid Society show and sale at Windmill Gardens. Might ride the bike back from Auburn though.

East Hill

mimitabby
01-28-2007, 12:28 PM
Bike Expo is the same weekend as this ride.
So, I am hoping it will be Saturday and not sunday because we always volunteer at a booth at the Expo for The Redmond Cycling club.

Whether I ride or not, my bike is still available for Trek.

mimi

KnottedYet
01-28-2007, 01:07 PM
At this time we're planning to do the Trek To RedHook ride on Saturday Feb 17, in the afternoon between lunch and dinner. (late-ish like that because Trek gets in VERY late friday night.

Mimi, when I looked for info on Bike Expo I could only find something that said it was March 10-11. Am I missing something?

Maybe we could have a TE to BikeExpo event, too! (more bikes, more better!!!) :D

MM_QFC!
01-29-2007, 02:04 PM
Mimi, when I looked for info on Bike Expo I could only find something that said it was March 10-11. Am I missing something?

Maybe we could have a TE to BikeExpo event, too! (more bikes, more better!!!) :D

If I understand it correctly...the "Trek-bike n' bite" :D is happening on Presidents Day weekend so, no, it won't conflict with Bike Expo, which is on 3/10 & 11, as you noted. I'm volunteering on Saturday morning, so if anyone registers for the STP ride, give me a shout-out, willya?!

And, I'd love to join you all for the Redhook ride, but coincidentally, I'm headed to Trek's neck of the woods during that same (Prez day) weekend, first to Calistoga and then to follow the Tour of California (starts 2/18) for the Bay Area stages, so have tons o' fun, everyone.
Tailwinds!
Mary

mimitabby
01-29-2007, 03:38 PM
This is very odd, the swap meet is definitely on the 18th, ...

I just called the Cascade Bike club. the swap meet is in Feb and the
expo is in March, as everyone has reported!

That might be good or bad... but it's different.
So at least that means our bike ride will not be endangered in any way by the Bike expo.