PDA

View Full Version : Disney World marathon done..

Running Mommy
01-07-2007, 10:31 AM
MAN was it tough!! If I had not found my angel Jenna at mile 8 to walk with I would not have made it. I ran/walked the first 8 miles, walk/ran the next 4-5 and then walked in the rest. End time was 6:47. Exactly 1 hour longer than my last NYCM. Part of it was undertraining, but most of it was weather. It was 70 and 100% humidity at the start. ANd then the SUN came up... UGH! It was a death march fer shere!! I guess I really AM Iron! That was WAY tougher than the IMAZ mary. WAY tougher!!
ANyhoo my feet are hamburger! BLISTERS!! SO my feet are up and I have a chicken sammy on the way from my dearest husband. - Who btw popped out of nowhere at mile 18. Always likes to surprise me. Oh how I love him for that.
Ok, must eat so I can take some tylenol. And then a water pill. I have severe edema from the salt tabs..

Wahine
01-07-2007, 10:50 AM
Way to go RM, knew you would pull through. It's that IM mental toughness. Nothing like it. :D :D

tattiefritter
01-08-2007, 04:46 AM
Well done RM! I know you were worried about it from your posts in the Running forum (I knew you'd do it though) :D

I would wilt in those conditions I really would.

KnottedYet
01-08-2007, 05:44 AM
Dang, that sounds brutal! Congrats!

KSH
01-08-2007, 07:13 AM
Great job on FINISHING! Even if you didn't finish though... we still would have been proud of ya!

Sounds like it was brutal. Just think though, you did some serious mental training out there.

When you go back to IMAZ... you will know that you can do anything you set your mind to. You will also know that the mary will be easier than what you did in January!

colby
01-08-2007, 07:19 PM
Well, now that you have a tough one under your belt, that IM 26.2 won't seem so bad!! AND, you got the mouse ears! Congratulations! :D

Thistle
01-09-2007, 01:03 AM
Amazing job runningmommy <clap clap clap huge round of applause>

cant say i begin to understand these races or the terminology, but you are amazing for going in it in those conditions and even more amazing for finishing :D

You rock :D

rocknrollgirl
01-09-2007, 01:29 AM
Yikes!!!!!!!!!!!

Great Job. I am sure that you are glad that is over. Yumidity is the worst....

BTW...Did The Mouse Run?

Tri Girl
01-09-2007, 05:02 PM
Good job Denise!! Congrats on finishing- even tho conditions were brutal! I don't think it was undertraining, I think it was your legs conserving themselves for the big dance in April- that's where you'll shine!!! :)

tprevost
01-09-2007, 06:58 PM
Woooo Hoooo!!!!! Great job of perserverance Denise! Well Done!!! :D The conditions sound pretty brutal so you should be very proud of yourself for finishing! And what a great job Tony does of supporting you! You are very lucky to have each other!

trac'

maillotpois
01-10-2007, 10:35 AM
Great job, Denise - and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :D

Running Mommy
01-13-2007, 06:43 PM
I look HORRIBLE in most of them! UGH

http://asiorders.com/view_user_photo.asp?EVENTID=13985&ID=31180133&FROM=photos&BIB=9565

I was melting from the gun tho, so I don't know what I expected? I have a couple that Tony took that I'll put up on my photobucket site when I have a chance.

btchance
01-14-2007, 04:26 AM
Great job Denise! I knew you could do it, and you look great in those pics. I don't know what you're talking about.

Tri Girl
01-14-2007, 09:45 AM
Denise, why do you think you look horrible? I see a happy, excited, athletic woman in ALL those pics. There is not one where you look as hot and tired as I know you must've felt. You've got an ear to ear smile in all of them! If I were judging by the smile on your face, I would say that the temp is a mild 50 degrees. You look fantastic!!!!

farrellcollie
01-14-2007, 02:32 PM
Congratulations. My father walked the Walt disney world marathon on Saturday(I think) and my brother did the run on Sunday(I think those were the days - I was following them by cell phone ) Brother said it was very humid for the run, and neither father or brother had times as fast as they had wanted.

Running Mommy
01-14-2007, 07:37 PM
I added some pics to my photobucket site. I'll try to add more when I get around to it.

http://s11.photobucket.com/albums/a157/tony66denise69/?sc=1

Offthegrid
01-15-2007, 07:04 AM
Nice job toughing it out. I'd like to do that race someday.

colby
01-15-2007, 02:49 PM
That medal is awesome!! :D

The picture you linked specifically is great. Smiling, having fun, what races should be. Congrats again. :)

roguedog
01-16-2007, 11:18 PM
someone at work did this and he said it sucked and was badly managed... they ran outta water?? maybe it was just him...